Pet Project Revived (Writers Wanted)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Pet Project Revived (Writers Wanted)

#1 Post by LVUER »

NOTE: If you are too lazy to wall this wall of text, you only need to read all text in bold.

Veteran LSF members surely remember about this one. There was a project named Pet Project inspired by Cute and Fluffy project. Without dwelling too much into past, let's say that this project was abandoned. And now I want to revive this project once more... since there's always somebody that interested in this project (I always want to revive this project but always busy, and since now I have the time...).

This is a collaboration project. Which means I'm not the only one involved in the creation. If you want to participate, you are more than welcomed here. I also act as a project leader, to make sure the development goes smoothly.

One of the reason why this project abandoned in the past is because it became too complicated to be managed. So I simplify Pet Project this time, this is the outline:
1. It will be pure BxG. The first project was going to be BxG and GxB, so sorry guys, since doing so means doubling the character cast.
2. It will be all about MOE. Samu-kun will jump in rejoice hearing this one ^_^ So if you are interested in participating in this project, please make sure that you're not mind with and able to create something that moe-moe. Watch Lucky Star or K-On and you'll know what I mean.
3. It's all about pet-tan. Or also could be called as furries (if you are more familiar with western term). You know; cat-girl, inu-mimi, girls like that... But featuring the over-used cat and dog would be boring so we want to use more exotic animals. Previous discussion mentioned frog, snake, fish, ferret, fox and several other animals as pet-tan candidates.
4. There are some minimum quality/skill required. I'm really sorry about this one. It's not like I want to exclude some people or become some kind of elitist... But since I will spent lots of time in this project and because of several other reasons, I want to somewhat raise up the quality of this Pet Project (and so we could keep consistent art quality between each pet). It's not like you need to be at Deji's or Mugen level to be accepted, but you really need at least decent anatomy knowledge, drawing, and coloring skill.
5. There have been some changes and now Pet Project will follow Cute and Fluffy Project setting. There will be very minimal restriction, but unlike the previous Pet Project, the world between pet-tan is not integrated (different MC, different place, different time).

If there's any outline that dissatisfied you, I could only say sorry since this is important so that the project complexity doesn't go spiraling out of control (which exactly happens in the first one).

So what is this project all about? Simple:
1. The story premise is about several boys that managed to visit a mysterious pet adoption center (but each path will only covers one MC and one pet-tan). Those boys never thought that they will raise an extra-ordinary pet... a pet-tan! So each of you could submit a sketch of one pet. The design is up to you but it have to be MOE! Doesn't need to be loli though it will make me happy (cough cough)...
2. If you can't draw or if you can't write, you could always team-up with someone who can. In the first one, there are several pair of writer and artist team (of course this two person/pair could only submit one pet).
3. The story doesn't need to be long... It all happens only in about one week of story-time after all. Better focus on getting your story good rather than long. Besides, we want to keep the length of each pet-tan consistent.

That's all. It's simple, right? Not really (T__T) If it's simple then the first project won't get abandoned. So if you feel you have enough commitment to go through the finish line, hop aboard (>__<)

Age rating
Age rating is All-ages so please don't draw or write anything too ... vulgar (let alone some hentai).

Project Members List:

This is the list of artist who's already drawing a pet and also have story for her OR a confirmed artist-writer combo:

- LVUER (Mantis-tan)
- Thee Forsaken One - Fawn (Iguana-tan)
- Fawn (Cat-tan)
- HanaMori (Hamster-tan)
- Auro-Cyanide (Koi-tan)
- Mocha07734 - SilverxBlue (Pony-tan)
- Taleweaver - Lordcloudx (Panda-tan)

Am I missing someone here? For those who have submit their pet-tan but doesn't see his/her name here, please PM me (LVUER) or just post here (in this thread, I mean).

Artist and writer recruitment is closed now, in a moment we will be finalizing thing and (finally) begin the project.

Restriction (there will be very few restriction this time, so please follow them) :
- Theme/genre: must have moe elements and it's BxG. Other than that, it's up to you (you could slip some nakige elements if you wish so).
- Ending: minimum 2 and maximum 4. There will be no default bad ending this time, so make those ending just as you like.
- BG: no limit, but all of them must be filtered photograph. To ensure all have similar look.
- Word count: 1.000 words to 1.500 words.
- CG: 5 to 9. Slight/minor variation or changes to a CG doesn't counted as different CG.
- There must be at least ONE good ending (a cute, moe-moe ending) even if you decided that your path is going to be a nakige.
- Music: We will use same music, except for one unique music for each pet-tan. This is to keep the file size as small as possible.
- GUI: Obviously, since all path/pet-tan will be cramped inside one big game, you have no freedom to make GUI or menu. I will leave this one to Mugenjohncel.
- Resolution: 1280 x 720.

It may seems there are more restriction this time, but it isn't. I just write everything there just in case you miss reading it in other part of this post.

Back-story:
I quote this from my old post since I don't have time to write a proper one:
Well, since we're talking about this... my other back story would be... Mysterious pet adoption center. It's a pet adoption center that not just everyone can visit. It's placed in that corner between that intersection. Strangely not just anyone could find that place... Too make things even more mysterious, it seems people all around this world could visit that adoption center... people speculate that there are multiple branch of that pet center.

Only those who want to adopt a pet and fulfill some criteria could find the place. And for those who could find that place, they could choose one (and only one) pet from currently available list. No second chance since it's highly doubt they could find that place again. From the story, there is no even a single person who could visit that place twice.

The game begin when the MC somehow arrive at the front of the adoption center. There s/he choose one pet by picking an animal picture that sorted on a billboard (not realizing they will get a pet-tan instead)... After that? It's up to you.

It's not about one MC that could choose one pet from various kind of pets. It's about multiple protagonist that choose their pet. And the pet center is just a front of a place where all kind of pet-tans gathered and looking for their master. You decide on their background story if you want to make one... but please make some kind of connection (even the slightest) that the pet-tan use (or forced to use, whatever...) this pet adoption center to find her master. So you (writer) could write all about them freely (including their background).
Additional Note:
The story begin right when your MC have chosen his pet of choice (the game itself begin with a person/the MC staring at a billboard where all kind of animal photos sticked). After that it's up to you. Just remember that this is a mysterious pet adoption center. As soon as the MC pick one photo, he will be "moved" to another location. How the pet reaches your place is up to you.

Latest Updates!!!
All members have been added to the new sub-forum. You should be able to access it via board index. For those who can't, please PM me.
Last edited by LVUER on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 19 times in total.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Fawn
Moe Imouto

Re: Pet Project Revived (Recruitment Opened)

#2 Post by Fawn »

Sounds wonderful :) I'm so happy you could revive this.

Suggestions: The word count limit sounds, but it should be a little flexible too, like there should be a 100-200 word padding (over and under the limit). Also, a girl limit too... How about a CG limit too? (So it doesn't get massive).

Having a CG limit may help organize a story too. Such as having the intro cg, one or two event/romance cgs, and the ending cg. And each girl has to have the same amount of cgs/sprites (for balance).

Also, I'm not making any promises but if I have the time I volunteer my art for a story or two if anyone needs an artist. I can also help find music. (Or maybe we should try to find some musical talent? haha)

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#3 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I could probably offer to do a sprite and some CGs for one of the storylines providing the deadlines were not urgent and there was a limit similar to what Fawn suggests. In the shortish range would be good.
I'm kind of curious to see what I could come up with for some of the different animals. I'm interested about ones like the fish and snake (and what I have to do to make them cute~)

LVUER
King of Lolies

#4 Post by LVUER »

@Fawn:
The word count is flexible. Let's say the limit is about 1000 words (this is only an example). I don't see any problem if there's someone who submit 800/1500 words. But I still don't have clue about the word count limit... any writer could help me on this one?

CG limit, haven't think about that one... yup, it will be the best to have the limit so every pet have consistent amount of CGs.

If you only could make one or two CGs, perhaps you could draw non-pet CG instead (CG that appears on all path)? Like opening CG where the boy open the box.

Of course there is girls amount... I mean pet amount limit. For now, I restrict it to 4-6 (depending on how many people interested). 6 is really the max, I don't want to exceed that... since one is taken by me (hehehe ^_^) so there are 5 slot open currently.

@Auro-Cyanide:
My plan is to let the person who submit a pet to draw their own art (with restriction I placed on them) like BG (everyone will use same BG).

My plan is to have the deadline (about) 3 months after the "go" sign given. The one that aren't able to finish by then will be left behind.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#5 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

LVUER wrote: @Auro-Cyanide:
My plan is to let the person who submit a pet to draw their own art (with restriction I placed on them) like BG (everyone will use same BG).

My plan is to have the deadline (about) 3 months after the "go" sign given. The one that aren't able to finish by then will be left behind.
I think that would be okay. My offer was mostly if there were any writers who can't draw or something like that.
If a writer is interested in working with me, just give me a PM.
Last edited by Auro-Cyanide on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thee Forsaken One
Regular
Completed: RE: Alistair++; Backstage Pass; Three Guys That Paint; The Reject Demon Toko - Ch 0; The Menagerie
Projects: Winning Hearts; Astral Hours
Organization: Forsaken Productions
Tumblr: ForsakenProductions
Deviantart: TheeForsakenOne

#6 Post by Thee Forsaken One »

I'm still interested in joining although I'll have to look to see if I still have my notes and stuff around. I can't draw to save myself though. ^^;

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Sounds like a good project to go against all the GxB ahaha

Good luck, I remember this from a while back! I'm a bit busy now but maybe I could write something since it's not like I'm totally allergic to this genre. ...actually, it's better for me when it's just one boy and one girl.
deviantART
---------------------

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#8 Post by Taleweaver »

Ooh.... this is something I could tackle in-between projects! I'll see whether I can find an artist to work together on this - I love furry!
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

LVUER
King of Lolies

#9 Post by LVUER »

We could all start by dumping pet sketches. No need to limit yourself to just one pet of your choices. Just dump all you can think of. We all could choose several by the power of democracy (of course the one who design that pet will be the artist for that particular pet).

Forget to say this, it's BxG and it's rena/romance... and please keep it to all-ages rating (though I always get this temptation to turn this one into H-game ^_^ )

DeviantArt Account

Thee Forsaken One
Regular
Completed: RE: Alistair++; Backstage Pass; Three Guys That Paint; The Reject Demon Toko - Ch 0; The Menagerie

#10 Post by Thee Forsaken One »

My original prototype is probably teenage rating since there is some mild fanservice. It wouldn't be hard to turn into a H-game though. :P

LVUER
King of Lolies

#11 Post by LVUER »

It's going to be all-ages... we could make another H-version later, but this one is definitely going to be all-ages. If EVERYONE want it to be H-games though, it's a different story...

DeviantArt Account

Thee Forsaken One
Regular

#12 Post by Thee Forsaken One »

I'm fine with sticking to all ages. It wouldn't involve any changes really. The real issue is mostly that I lack an artist and if people still want an Iguana girl. :P

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#13 Post by TsukiShima »

This does sound interesting, I'm going to keep my eyes open for this. I want to see how far this can go, even though I'm new.
So the part of sketching the adopted pet has started right? I'll see if I can do it.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#14 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

LVUER wrote:We could all start by dumping pet sketches. No need to limit yourself to just one pet of your choices. Just dump all you can think of. We all could choose several by the power of democracy (of course the one who design that pet will be the artist for that particular pet).

Forget to say this, it's BxG and it's rena/romance... and please keep it to all-ages rating (though I always get this temptation to turn this one into H-game ^_^ )
Shouldn't you start with story concepts though? Unless you are going to have the writers be dictated by the character. Usually it is easier to design a character if you know what type of character they are. But you can work in the opposite direction of course, if the writers and that are happy to do so. I suppose either way you need to have a range of characters, which will be interesting to see :D

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#15 Post by Sapphi »

I don't want to do H-content, just throwing that out there.

Well, originally I wanted to do the fox lady, but now I want to use a different character I thought up on a whim. She's a German Shepherd police girl (named Sascha, naturally) who doesn't like to take orders from you. :lol: She also has cool abilities like drug-sniffing, attacking people on command, and wearing cool boots! :D
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬