Ori, Ochi, Onoe.

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Ori, Ochi, Onoe.

#1 Post by mikey »

It's probably best to post links first. I'll update whenever I can.

Info:
Project home page: http://atp.manga.sk/games/o3/o3.htm

Downloads:
Windows Installer version
HTTP: [Ren'Ai Archives] http://www.renai.us/game/o3.shtml
Mac version
Linux/Unix version
Crossplatform version

-----------------------
Hi everyone,

I'm happy that we are finally able to give you Ori Ochi Onoe. It's our 10th project and it's the first English ren'ai VN that begins with an "o". ;)

Estimated playtime is about 1 hour, the game has 85 MB (I know, I know - but it could have been even worse). Please, read the readme if you can be bothered, it may give you one or two hints about all the hidden things.

I was hoping to be able to release this game in the summer (because it's a summer game), so I'm really glad we made it. Many thanks go to BCS and PyTom from these forums and to Kathryn with Renesis from RL for their work. They all have made a fantastic job in all aspects and it was an honor to work with them.

You can grab the game from the ATP page, but it should be mirrored on renai.us at some point, and the mirror will include dedicated Linux and Mac releases in addition to the two ones on the ATP page.
Link: http://atp.manga.sk/games/o3/o3.htm
So far, ATP has the Windows installer (recommended), and the crossplatform classic rar executable. Please note that it's not necessary to download both, as the only difference is that the installer... has an installer ^_^.

Anyway, have lots of fun with it, and enjoy the summer.
You can see a bit more screenshots in the encyclopedia entry [N/A anymore, since the encyclopedia is over]
Last edited by mikey on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:31 am, edited 8 times in total.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#2 Post by DaFool »

Holy :o :D :shock: :lol:

This looks awesome! Good job!

Downloading as we speak...

So what took up all those MBs? Does it have video?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by mikey »

It was the music. We had it in MP3 with very good quality, but it was the testing that revealed that cursed MP3 bug for me, so we had to make OGGs. But those were really big, until PyTom made a reasonable compromise. So most of it is music, the game data is roughly 35 MB.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#4 Post by Otaku Dash »

Downloading now aswell ^^

I'll give first impressions on it when I run it..... I'll leave the main comment for later when I have the time :)

Sorry to hear you catched the MP3 Bug though.... being 85 Mb may dissade some players with low bandwith... :(
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by DaFool »

I am blown away! :o :o :)

Yeah, the music is awesome. And the mood! And the professional look!

Question: What are the other previous projects that BCS did character art for? (This doesn't mean I didn't like Kathryn's character art for most ATP projects)

Do you want to torrent this? Like on tokyotosho. Anyone have a datorrents account? I can contribute bandwidth so long as I am in the office. Just a suggestion, post screencaps on Imageshack and link to that so that your site won't crash.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by mikey »

I don't expect terrible bandwidth problems. But of course if you want to torrent it, you are very welcome. But I think that it's probably better to play first - even though I'm happy that first impressions are good.

BCS did Crisis Angel, Shifted, Limitations and a couple more. Currently she is working on her Sonic game and you can find drafts for her other projects in the Game-Makers corner.
DaFool wrote:This doesn't mean I didn't like Kathryn's character art for most ATP projects.
Thanks, you just saved my marriage ^_^

Anyway, I'm happy that it downloads well and works - that's the first step. :P

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by DaFool »

BCS did Crisis Angel, Shifted, Limitations and a couple more. Currently she is working on her Sonic game and you can find drafts for her other projects in the Game-Makers corner.

Thanks, you just saved my marriage ^_^
He :oops:

I don't see any of BCS projects on renai archives. I'll just have to chug through her posts then looking for attachments or links ^_^.

EDIT: I am currently seeding the Win installer on tokyotosho. Please help seed if you can after 4 hours, since I don't want to be caught by the chief admin.
Last edited by DaFool on Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#8 Post by Watercolorheart »

FINALLY!! Yay!

Two of my older in-progress games were permanently lost in my hard-drive ..... thing .... the one where I confused system recovery for system restore.

PyTom may possibly still have a copy of Unwoven (all text) and I know that Mikey had a copy of my favorite art-based one, Shifted. I could still do a lot with that, if I ever get in the mood for a fantasy/realistic game again.

I'm having way too much fun with my sci-fi one, though. ^_^
Last edited by Watercolorheart on Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nafai
Veteran
Projects: Elect: Ascendance

#9 Post by Nafai »

Wow, this came out of nowhere! Will download now and get back to you all when I finish it. But as early as now - thanks for the hard work folks ^_^

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#10 Post by PyTom »

Ah, so O3 is out. This took me by surprise, as it was quicker then I expected.

Let me encourage everyone out there to take a moment to ponder the README included with O3. There's alot of good information there, and it's worth taking some time to digest it. This game has layers of meaning, some of it hidden where you wouldn't look.

Anyhow, I'd like to point out how much effort mikey has put into this game, since he probably won't. He's been working on it since at least March... I don't know how long before that, as that's when he contacted me about it. The amount of thought he put into it is amazing... hopefully, people will get that one day.

I will warn people that this will be going into the Ren'Ai archive with a 16+ rating, roughly the equivalent of an R-rated movie, for adult themes.

The Linux and Mac builds will be found at:

http://www.bishoujo.us/tmp/o3-rc3/

until I get around to adding O3 to the archive.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#11 Post by Watercolorheart »

I didn't know my "under sprite" for Ochi was going to used in-game initially ... (laugh) ... I think the worst I expected people to really see was a CG with some bare shoulders.

You know, it's stupid, because I have the script on my computer and I can't get the really good ending because I can't follow the programming about boxes and branches and stuff.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by DaFool »

Yeah I really like the pleasant surprise that you don't romance high school girls but adult women and you already start out in a sexual relationship :D

Hmmm....only 5 save slots, and I usually like to save at each decision point. (I guess you can tell today's not a busy day :P ...oh yeah I'm like that Densha Otoko dude having his small little corner in the office)

Can't get enough of those CGs :D Also by now I'm very accustomed to mikey's writing. Where does he live by the way? Japan? Never been there but I swear these are real life locations.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by mikey »

DaFool wrote:Hmmm....only 5 save slots, and I usually like to save at each decision point.
There is actually a reason (but not a technical one) for the save slots to be just five in number.
DaFool wrote:Can't get enough of those CGs :D Also by now I'm very accustomed to mikey's writing. Where does he live by the way? Japan? Never been there but I swear these are real life locations.
It's easy, I live in Danube City, but it's not on any map.

EDIT:
PyTom wrote: He's been working on it since at least March... I don't know how long before that, as that's when he contacted me about it...
I started in January, right after I made that cleanup of all the projects that I was working on. It gave me a clear head and I could finally make something from scratch. It was actually very nice working on it, no legacies or anything, it felt fresh for me.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by DaFool »

Just finished ending 3/9...wow talk about emotional bullying :D
Going to send the save files to myself so I can finish the other paths when I get home.

No bugs ^_^

Great game. Thank you mikey, BCS, Kathryn, PyTom, and the composer (not forum member?)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#15 Post by mikey »

DaFool wrote:No bugs ^_^
It's a great relief. Should there be bugs, I'd probably kill myself.
DaFool wrote:Great game. Thank you mikey, BCS, Kathryn, PyTom, and the composer (not forum member?)
No, Kathryn and Renesis aren't on the forums. But I will relay the impressions and comments, of course.