That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles [Otome/BakeSim]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles [Otome/BakeSim]

#1 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Last edited by Rewritten Ennui on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:01 am, edited 6 times in total.
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Funnyguts
Veteran

Re: [GXB] That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles

#2 Post by Funnyguts »

-eats my cookie-

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#3 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

*nomnomnom on cookie, eying Alfonse* I shall be stalking you. Would say more but nothing to really say. Oh wait I do have something to type about.

Since it's a bakery, does that mean there's a baking portion of making cookies, cakes, etc? Or will it just go like the usual vn? Just curious. (If there is a cooking portion I shall be asking more questions bwuahaha)

*stalks*

Edit: Sorry about that, was really hungry so brain wasn't screwed on right. @@ Fixed his name!
Last edited by Sunlit-Dreamer on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran

#4 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Sunlit-Dreamer wrote:*nomnomnom on cookie, eying Alfonso* I shall be stalking you. Would say more but nothing to really say. Oh wait I do have something to type about.

Since it's a bakery, does that mean there's a baking portion of making cookies, cakes, etc? Or will it just go like the usual vn? Just curious. (If there is a cooking portion I shall be asking more questions bwuahaha)

*stalks*
His name is Alfonse :cry:

There won't be a baking minigame where you get to bake stuff, if that's what you're asking. Just a portion where you select what to bake for the day. As you progress through the game, you'll unlock more recipes. (hope that answered your question well enough :c)

Also! I'd like some feedback on how to make some of the boys more interesting at first glance, particularly Aaron. I get the feeling that he's not going to be one of the more popular guys D:
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#5 Post by SilverxBlue »

*dies from huge wall of text*
*Is revived by cookie.*

Why do I suddenly get the feeling that Santos is canon? Meh, maybe it's just me.
Anyway, I'll start stalking this. (slice-of-life + (humor, two of my favorite genres) = insta-love for me.)
Good luck!
Rewritten Ennui wrote:Also! I'd like some feedback on how to make some of the boys more interesting at first glance, particularly Aaron. I get the feeling that he's not going to be one of the more popular guys D:
Just don't turn him into the athlete stereotype and give him something... something that would make him quite memorable and unique. (e.g: Accessory, hobby, bad habit, etc...)
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#6 Post by sake-bento »

You had me at "bakery."

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran

#7 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

SilverxBlue wrote:*dies from huge wall of text*
*Is revived by cookie.*
I'm sorry for making you suffer from text overload T_T Once Ryurieri gets some of the character sketches done, I'll update to make the post look prettier. At least the logo is super cute <3 BTW, the cat's name is Tybalt. ican'tbelieveiforgottomentionthemascot
SilverxBlue wrote:Why do I suddenly get the feeling that Santos is canon? Meh, maybe it's just me.
Would the canon guy have no last name? I certainly hope not. I just can't think of a good surname for him though >_> Help choose a name for him?
SilverxBlue wrote:Just don't turn him into the athlete stereotype and give him something... something that would make him quite memorable and unique. (e.g: Accessory, hobby, bad habit, etc...)
I've avoided using straight-up stereotypes, so expect everyone to have a layer of depth that you probably weren't expecting to see. And besides, isn't Aaron's forgetfulness of names already a bad habit?
I assure you that there's a good reason for his social awkwardness.
sake-bento wrote:You had me at "bakery."
shfklashfkalopHODSdfskhfkdsf *headdesk* sake-bento-san! DDDDD: Now I have to make sure that this game rocks. Remember to take your free cookie :3

Twinturtle Games Website

Funnyguts
Veteran

#8 Post by Funnyguts »

Hi! I'm one of the coders. Just a bit of info on the baking part: Basically, every day you're running the bakery, you'll pick out a few things to bake from a list of cakes, breads, and cookies. (and maybe pies.) Once you bake everything, customers will come in and buy things, usually the more popular items in the bakery. Plan out a good menu each day, and you'll be able to encourage your customers to come back for more, as well as entice new customers to come and visit!

The ideal goal is for the game to be easy to understand and play, but still be affected by your actions and possible to fail at. We're still working out the details.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#9 Post by SilverxBlue »

Rewritten Ennui wrote:At least the logo is super cute <3 BTW, the cat's name is Tybalt. ican'tbelieveiforgottomentionthemascot
Oh, man! I forgot to comment about the cat, I stared and marveled at it's cuteness for minutes, before I began reading! D:
Rewritten Ennui wrote: I just can't think of a good surname for him though >_> Help choose a name for him?
I'd love to help with that, but I somehow feel odd giving a surname to him. The name "Santos" is mostly a surname here in my country.
So if I give something like "Santos Ramirez" it feels like I'm giving the person two surnames. T_T

And to be honest, I would have made Aaron my favorite, but Santos already took it away from him. ^_^;; (Has a soft spot for Meganes.)
Funnyguts wrote: Hi! I'm one of the coders. Just a bit of info on the baking part: Basically, every day you're running the bakery, you'll pick out a few things to bake from a list of cakes, breads, and cookies. (and maybe pies.) Once you bake everything, customers will come in and buy things, usually the more popular items in the bakery. Plan out a good menu each day, and you'll be able to encourage your customers to come back for more, as well as entice new customers to come and visit!
Oh! So it's something like a bakery sim, right, right? :)
Man, the repeated mentioning of cookies, has got me craving for one. >_>
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Funnyguts
Veteran

#10 Post by Funnyguts »

^Yeah! It's part bakery sim, part VN.

Veniae
Veteran

#11 Post by Veniae »

Oh, wow! I'm certainly stalking this - it sounds so. awesome. Love the cast, everyone seems cool and interesting. Also, thanks for the cookie. *U*

Good luck!

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#12 Post by TsukiShima »

Oh, finally, you're game! This seems so cute, I'll be looking forward to it! The cookie in the logo already seem good xD

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Riviera »

Oddly enough, I love baking and am planning on going to culinary school to try and make a go of that myself.

I never had a swarm of men show up, so I must be doing it wrong. :lol:

*eats cookie*

Not that the fiancee would like it much if that did happen.

First glance opinions: I look forward to the baking related area of the game! The minigames, the atmosphere, and any recipes that may show up (unlikely, but I hoard recipes like a crazy woman).

The guys all look fairly interesting, if a bit cliche. Cliche is not a bad thing, since these seem to be very basic descriptions and I'm sure we'll find out more about them during the course of the game.

I like that this will deal with life issues. The most memorable games that I've played have done that.

The logo is so, so, so, so cute. It would be absolutely perfect for a bakery sign or picture for their shopping bags or... something. Don't think it will show up in the game but that was my first thought! :D
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#14 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Okay first I'll say sorry for misspelling Alfonse's name. (So I went and edited my post, SORRY ALFONSE! YOU'RE MY FIRST TAR-I mean have a cupcake =3)

So it'll be planning style eh? I'm good with that. It kinda reminds me of the computer games, minus the story, I had to play in elementary school. To sell hot dogs, and lemonade. By basically planning what to make, how many to stock, blahdy blah. It was pretty boring in a way though. (Since there's only one thing on the menu, and it involved business numbers.)

I wonder if I'll be able to figure out what combination of recipes will bring in good stats...well I'll figure that out when I play it. XD

Oh, and as for Alfonse being innocent and polite? Keep it. Keeeeeeeep iiiiiiiiiiiiit. It makes him cuuuuuuuuuuuute~ X3 After all, an innocent boy who's younger than you is ADORABLE! (And attractive in my case XP)

As for Aaron....I'm just glad he's not the usual jock type who thinks he's better than everyone else and isn't made a player either. (That is really annoying)
ImageImageImageImage

Ryurieri
Projects: That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles

#15 Post by Ryurieri »

Um, hey! I'm the artist for this VN and I have no idea what to write but Ennui made me I guess I'll apologize for the lacking of bishie arts here XD There will be soon. Suggestions for how the characters'll look like are welcomed (but I can't promise you I'll be using all of them though ouo;;)
*eats cookie*