In need of a character artist.

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
orochiwolf

In need of a character artist.

#1 Post by orochiwolf »

(For my action visual novel, The Sixth Sense: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=12284)

It sure is awkward for me to be one to ask others for help, especially with things like this. I also see a lot of "I need a background artist and programmer" which, to me, makes it seem like someone just sits back and makes others do the work... Meh, enough blabbering.

I'll just be specific here. Most of any type of artist is fine for this. If you barely know how to do things, it's totally fine, as long as your humans look......human. Things do not get complicated, except, possibly, for CG art (which won't be very dominant).

For characters, I already have a concept of what they look like. However, some characters are quite hazy in their concepts for me, so you'll get to put some of your own imagination into this. For those who don't want creativity, but rather want to know exactly what to do, that can be arranged as well. As you can see, this whole thing can be really flexible, and good experience for you if you are also new to this (as I am).

Each character has three sprites: Standing, an "action pose", and an injured pose. So this means three drawings per character. There will be slight alterations per drawing as well, such as different emotions in the face, which can result in copies of the same drawing, but with different facial expressions.

I don't want this to be a wall of text, so that should be adequate for an introduction. Any questions can be PM'ed or replied to here.

Weakjounin
Veteran

Re: In need of a character artist.

#2 Post by Weakjounin »

Can I sign up? Im not great (check my threads for my art examples) but I can manage
Work speed varies but Im free so :D

orochiwolf

#3 Post by orochiwolf »

Speed is of no matter! In my book, as long as it gets done, it's totally fine!

And, yes, you can "sign up". I'm guessing that also means you can "sign out" whenever you want as well... :(

Weakjounin
Veteran

#4 Post by Weakjounin »

I'm not gonna sign out unless you're abusive :D

poppyrocks
Regular
Projects: ~FairyTale: The Wander's Test~,~ Boyguard ~

#5 Post by poppyrocks »

I wouldn't mind helping out on the art^^

unless your full...D:

orochiwolf

#6 Post by orochiwolf »

Full? I don't know if anyone really needs 2 artists doing the same thing, so, I guess I technically am "full". Sorry! >_<