[WIP]Ellipse chapter 2 PLC version *up* pg3

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#31 Post by DaFool »

Talk about insane. Whoa. This was the first time in a visual novel I was actually motivated to slow down in clicking rather than speed up.

This is the best example of cinematic camera effect used in a visual novel, and (after replaying many times), I've concluded that all effects are entirely Ren'Py scripts. Congratulations! :D

I don't want to ever draw backgrounds the same size as yours...my computer would weep and throw tantrums at me :D

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#32 Post by Adorya »

Not much an update, but the contest for which this VN was created has finally ended. I ended up 4rth ex-equo on 12 contestants, which I think is not that bad, and that I can still improve.

Just after the result proclamation and before the stories posting, I put this version of my demo dedicated to this contest. The only changes are :
- French only release
- Added intro logos
- Added beta staff credit at the end of the chapter 2. Images on the staff credit are placeholder, I used some unused roughs to fill it.

Here attached are the savestate for those who want to jump to the staff credit.
Attachments
saves.zip
(50.6 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#33 Post by monele »

So... did you only publish the text for this contest or the whole thing ?

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Adorya »

monele wrote:So... did you only publish the text for this contest or the whole thing ?
I did publish the whole thing, if you don't fear spoilers you can read it from the place shown in the logo and credit roll (though all the contestants are worth a look imo).

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#35 Post by monele »

I mean, was it only text or a VN too ? o_O...

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Adorya »

Both were published, the demo then few days later after the results, the entire novel as text was posted. I don't have any demo feedback yet (though from the rapidshare download count it didn't get much praise, but I was expecting that, people there are not really into VN & japanimemanga culture :) )

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#37 Post by monele »

I see ^^;... That's what I was curious about since it didn't seem like a VN thingie ^^;