B L A S T F O R C E... Things aren't what they seem... (WIP)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Andy

B L A S T F O R C E... Things aren't what they seem... (WIP)

#1 Post by Andy »

B L A S T F O R C E
"One organisation
One freedom
One universe"

THE Blastich union. Home to the peaceful Blastians, it is a peaceful haven of 4 planets, bursting with wealth, peace and freedom. Having no form of army, the Blastians rely on the Blastich Traffic Department for keeping the peace. The year is 2917, and Queen Serenity's place in the universe is almost right at the top, with people calling her "The honest protector". She fights for the truth and tries to defuse situations without force. She is THE universe's most famous person...

...but after meeting with the leader of a radical new religion, she changes. She becomes violent... she becomes obssessed with death... she becomes... hungry for total control of the universe...

Queen Serenity immediately launches an attack against the universe from her base on Earth, Crystal Tokyo. With the citizens of Crystal Tokyo behind her, she takes control of a huge amount of the universe within the space of one month. With every day that passes, resistance against her weakens... and the Blastians can only watch in fear while Queen Serenity's fleet of death heads straight for them...

-Three months later, March 16th, 2917-
After 3 months of occupation, the union has been strangled into a state of famine and violence by the Crystal Empire. However, a small glimmer of hope has appeared out of the ashes of the Blastich Traffic Department. Following a massive civilian resistance assault against the eastern part of Bluestosta and the old union ATC island, the new organisation moves into the city. The name of this organisation is...

BLASTFORCE.

Screenshots:
INTRO SCREENSHOT (Looking a bit empty apart from a nice explosion)
http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... pngrl1.png

GAMEPLAY SCREENSHOT:
http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... en1pw6.png

HUNTING THEM DOWN:
http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... en2zu6.png

Features

-Over 5 unique crafts.
-Fight the evil Crystal Empire, war-hungry Space Federation, and the money-hoarding corporations.
-Commandable wingmen
-On foot missions as well as aerial (Perhaps)
-Operations across the universe, from the capital of the union (BLUESTOSTA), to the heart of evil, Crystal Tokyo... or is it?

I'm in need of programmers, music composers and artists... just send me a message if you want to help! Anybody goes!

Look down for the demo.

Note: Most people seem to have the reaction "Evil queen Serenity? LOL!" Or something like that. The plot isn't that simple. Anybody could come up with something like that. To find the truth, you will have to discover it for yourself...
Attachments
Blastforce - screenshot 2 GIF.GIF
Another screenshot, sorry about the bad quality.
(64.86 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Last edited by Andy on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 33 times in total.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#2 Post by Watercolorheart »

Oh, I could load the page.

What is the game about? The second screenshot is somewhat interesting. I think that it would be fun to explore things.

Then again, I played this Sailor Moon game on the GBA and that was the worst game I have ever played ...

Andy

#3 Post by Andy »

You're not suggesting my game is not good are you? Here's the story for the game. I could tell you the plot twist, but that would ruin your fun, wouldn't it?

It is the year 2917, and neo-queen Serenity has been spreading the message of peace throughout the universe. She is a very popular person, and because of this, everyone listens to her advice. However, one day, she changes- she becomes a ruthless dictator, hell bent on ruling the entire universe. Anybody who stands up to her is arrested, and "personally" executed by her. Soon, Crystal Tokyo turns into the CRYSTAL EMPIRE, a dictatorship spanning the almost the entire universe...

until one day, they reach the last free planets in the whole universe- the BLASTICH UNION. The inhabitants of the union, the BLASTIANS, are a peaceful people- they have no form of army. The closest thing that they have is the Traffic Department, the organization responsible for the regulating of traffic throughout the union. On the 5th of December, 2917, the Crystal Empire (also known as "crysties") attacks the main planet of the union- BLASTICH. Not knowing who attacked them, 89 million innocents are killed in one night. Fearing for their lives, the traffic departments of the planet flee into the deserts where they hide...

However, all is not lost. Several months later, the traffic department formed a new, multi-role combat organization, which will replace the TD. Its name? BLASTFORCE.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#4 Post by Watercolorheart »

No, I wasn't suggesting it wasn't going to be any good. Because nothing on this Earth could be more mind-numbing than that game.

You could make a "Go Fish!" card game that would still be more entertaining.

---

LOL at having Queen Serenity go super-evil on everyone. Is this like a spoof?

Andy

#5 Post by Andy »

Ha, sorry if I offended you. I'll have a demo ready soon.

And no, this isn't a spoof. Do you really wanna know the twist?

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#6 Post by Megaman Z »

BCS wrote:No, I wasn't suggesting it wasn't going to be any good. Because nothing on this Earth could be more mind-numbing than that game.
trust me when I say this: I've played games that have made me consider NOT buying any more games due to how badly they were made.

@andy>>hmm... sounds interesting. I may have a look at this, but I've got my resources allocated elsewhere and not much spare time for the things I used to enjoy (like these games)
~Kitsune Zeta

Andy

#7 Post by Andy »

Cool, ok. I suggest that try to check out the demo when it's out. Myself, I think that the gameplay's highly addictive :)

And check out this new screenshot with the flying body!
http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... en2zu6.png

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#8 Post by F.I.A »

I do not really enjoy Sailor Moon myself safe for the first season, but making a "Battle Tank" like fangame out of it? I will really look forward how will it turn out to be...
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Andy

#9 Post by Andy »

Thanks. The demo will be out soon, and production of it's sister game (which is mostly on-foot and vehicle action) will begin soon.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#10 Post by Vatina »

Evil Queen Serenity? :P
I'm interested in seeing what this could turn into

Andy

#11 Post by Andy »

Evil queen Serenity, but (SPOILER AHEAD!) It's not queen Serenity! And that's all I'm saying. (SPOILER END)

EDIT: Demo done.

ANOTHER EDIT: Please post your specs and how fast it ran, and also if you find any bugs.
Attachments
BLASTFORCE - ETERNAL BATTLE DEMO.ZIP
You hear a beep. They come at you from all angles. You fire your cannons, and so do your allies. But it's not enough. They just keep coming. How long will YOU survive? Space shoots, Ctrl missiles (You've only got 16) Arrows turn/fly, R restarts.
(2.09 MiB) Downloaded 95 times

Andy

#12 Post by Andy »

Some concept art/promo material I drew. Comments, anyone?
Attachments
PC- SCAN 2 PNG.PNG
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 55 times