Looking for someone to read a few lines

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Looking for someone to read a few lines

#1 Post by KomiTsuku »

I've got a bit of an odd request for the forum. One thing that really helps me when I'm writing is being able to hear the character's voice in my head. While I can hear Anton's and Chief's pretty clearly, I have a hard time placing the females' voices. So, I was curious if someone, or multiple someones, would be willing to help me out and read a few lines from Anton's Vacation for each of the female main characters. I'm afraid there is no pay for this job, but you would earn my undying gratitude.

EDIT #2: I would also be willing to return the favor, although it would be a week before I am back home to my mic.

Lenna: A former fighter pilot who lost has been going through a series of rough times in her life.
Unsure, bitter, strong

Angry: “It's all your fault, Anton!”
Bitter: “They're gone. Everyone and everything is gone.”
Happy: “I've missed you so much, Yoi.”
Confident: “If I'm such a screwup, why not come along and watch me prove you wrong?"

Syl: An ex-assassin turned bodyguard. Syl believes in being blunt and never wastes words.
Soft, mature, calm

Happy: "Gullible."
Embarrassed: "Thank you."
Angry: "Worthless."
Neutral “Perhaps.”

Yoi: An elven ranger with a bright outlook on life. Yoi does have a darker side when on the hunt, which leaves many around her leery of which is her true self.
Younger, energetic, determined

Sassy: "Because we totally didn't leave early to ditch you. Guess you're right."
Angry: "I'm being serious!"
Cute: "You look so cute when you get so scared."
Happy: "She's gonna have to get past me!"

Nàme: A brilliant tactician whose harsh tongue often gets her in trouble. Nàme has no time to waste on idiots, which she happens to believe is everyone but her.
Sassy... (to be honest, I really have no good fix on her voice...)

Angry: "Because you are making this whole conversation more awkward than it needs to be!"
Calm: "Individually, we both have our weaknesses. If we don't work together, we are doomed to fail."
Sad/Embarrassed: "I already live in a lonely world. Why would I give up the only ally with half a brain for some stupid title?"
Happy/Energetic: "Because no evildoers can keep the Genius of Katajia down! I will trump them all and still have fun the whole time."
Characters.jpg
And on a random side note: I think this is the first thread I've made in a non-completed games/WIP forum in my time on this forum.
Last edited by KomiTsuku on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Endorphin
Veteran

Re: Looking for someone to read a few lines

#2 Post by Endorphin »

Gosh, they look so cute. *---*

Er, I have an accent [german ^^"] so I guess I can't help you out here. =/
[Guess it would annoy/confuse you too much, but if it doesn't I'd help you out.]

I hope that you'll find someone. =)

- Ryouko

Scarlet-Kokoro
Regular
Projects: Imitation Heart(模倣心)-Otome For the Love of Cocoa-Short-Otome VN

#3 Post by Scarlet-Kokoro »

I could to Syl's voice for you, since she matches my personality and voice tone most. Perhaps Name too? I have an West-Coast American accent (not a Cali-girl accent) I hope that is fine with you.
"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?"

Projects:

Immitation Heart: Script: 40% Characters: 50% CGs: 0%
For the Love of Cocoa: In first draft stages

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope

#4 Post by KomiTsuku »

Ryouko wrote:Gosh, they look so cute. *---*

Er, I have an accent [german ^^"] so I guess I can't help you out here. =/
[Guess it would annoy/confuse you too much, but if it doesn't I'd help you out.]

I hope that you'll find someone. =)

- Ryouko
Thanks. ^_^ Auro-Cyanide did them.

I don't mind accents. That's the perk of not having the voice in my head, anything can fill it at this point. Currently my voice fills the roll, and I'm pretty sure Yoi isn't a baritone.

Now that I think about it, brief bios might have been useful as well...

edit:
I could to Syl's voice for you, since she matches my personality and voice tone most. Perhaps Name too? I have an West-Coast American accent (not a Cali-girl accent) I hope that is fine with you.
Certainly. The more people who want to help, the better.

If you want to either post it here, youtube, or e-mail it to me, that would be fine. ( chief(at)idhasstudios(dot)com )

Endorphin
Veteran

#5 Post by Endorphin »

Hmm... Then I might try it out, can't promise that it'll help you though. ^^"
The order in which they are listed [Lenna, Syl, Yoi, Nàme] are from left to right in the picture? =o

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by KomiTsuku »

Ryouko wrote:Hmm... Then I might try it out, can't promise that it'll help you though. ^^"
The order in which they are listed [Lenna, Syl, Yoi, Nàme] are from left to right in the picture? =o
Thank you. ^_^

Yep, yep. That's the order. This is the game (well, first episode anyway) that they are tied to. Anton's Vacation Those are the old sprites, but they are being changed to the ones posted here.

kuroi
Regular

#7 Post by kuroi »

Still need someone to do it? I could have one of my girls give it a read for you.
President, Planner, and Programmer for Kuroi Games!

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by KomiTsuku »

kuroi wrote:Still need someone to do it? I could have one of my girls give it a read for you.
That would be a great help. The larger sample, the better idea I can get. ^_^

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#9 Post by Mink »

Hm, yeah, I'd offer to attempt Name's, but 1) the only mic I currently have is...my ipod touch (which is actually better than you'd think, but still), and 2), no one wants to hear my bizarre voice, I'm sure.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by KomiTsuku »

Mink wrote:Hm, yeah, I'd offer to attempt Name's, but 1) the only mic I currently have is...my ipod touch (which is actually better than you'd think, but still), and 2), no one wants to hear my bizarre voice, I'm sure.
Now I'm curious if my nano has a mic... Nope. ;_;

Well, if you don't want to, I understand... ;_; *curls up in corner*

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#11 Post by Mink »

Yeah, I don't think ipods got mics until the 4th gen touch. It also has a (video) camera! 8D

Well, okay. Maybe I'll do it for funsies. But if the sound of my voice makes your head explode Scanners-style, you will have no one to blame but yourself.

*Website, yo*

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by KomiTsuku »

Mink wrote:Yeah, I don't think ipods got mics until the 4th gen touch. It also has a (video) camera! 8D

Well, okay. Maybe I'll do it for funsies. But if the sound of my voice makes your head explode Scanners-style, you will have no one to blame but yourself.
Yeah, my Ipod is a bit dated. >.<;

I'm not too worried about my head. I bang it into pretty much everything (desk, A/C unit on the bus, low underpasses, the wall until I accidentally broke through it...), it is durable... or at least already damaged.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Mink »

Yeah, I just (and by just I mean...four months ago) got mine and it's sooo shinyyy.

I sent you an email. Now to see if my voice can make you turn to stone, like Medusa. 83

*Website, yo*

Scarlet-Kokoro
Regular
Projects: Imitation Heart(模倣心)-Otome For the Love of Cocoa-Short-Otome VN

#14 Post by Scarlet-Kokoro »

Sent recordings to you via email.
"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?"

Projects:

Immitation Heart: Script: 40% Characters: 50% CGs: 0%
For the Love of Cocoa: In first draft stages

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by KomiTsuku »

Mink wrote:Yeah, I just (and by just I mean...four months ago) got mine and it's sooo shinyyy.

I sent you an email. Now to see if my voice can make you turn to stone, like Medusa. 83
MY EARS!!! Just kidding, it wasn't bad. The audio was clean and it was an accent I hadn't thought of for her before.

I now have a strange desire to find someone with a British accent...
Scarlet-Kokoro wrote:Sent recordings to you via email.
Hmmmmm... Don't see it in my inbox or spam filter. Did you replace the (at) with @ and (dot) with . ?