[WIP] School Memories

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

[WIP] School Memories

#1 Post by Morishita »

Please forgive any grammar or spelling mistakes in this thread. I was a little nervous to post this WIP but I hope everything will go smoothly.

Logo
Title:
School Memories
Genre
School life

*Based on a true story*
Synopsis

Miya is a young, socially dysfunctional and emotional girl. She has just completed her first semester of high school and is now starting her second semester in a new art class. Miya isn't one to openly befriend any of her fellow classmates, so when she is forced to share a table with two other male students she feels that the little time that she has left to quietly sit through her school days, have been taken away by the overly friendly boy sitting beside her and the sarcastic, drama causing boy across from her.

Come and play through Miya's story and watch how she learns to interact with those around her and learns how important friendship and those happy memories will be.

Main Menu

I was trying to make it look like a desk and each character is drawing doodles of the other and making fun of them. Forgive me for having it so hard to read. It wasn't to important to the game just something that they do to waste time in class.

Once I get the sprites done for them I'll go ahead and update this thread.

*I'm not the best at making Synopsis but I hope this is okay.*

Main Characters

Miya (14)
Dustin (14)
Shawn (15)

Languages

English

Progress:
Story: 100% (Finished)
Coding: 95%(Spell checking and proofreading and some minor code adding but everything else is scripted out. Only image tags need to be added too.)
Sprites: 0% (Sprites will be started once bg or cg is done)
BG's: 25% (2/5 BG's finished)
Bedroom-done %100
Classroom-done %100
Hallway-in progress %25
Library- %5
Lunchroom- %5
Special Background- %5

CG's: 0% (CG will be started once BG is done)

I wanted to try to do a short visual novel as training for the longer visual novel idea that I have.
I don't plan on there being a lot o choices. There is one main story line so it's not really a game where you end up with this boy or that boy. It's more of a "find the right path to make it to the correct ending of the story" kind of game.

I did want to do a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship game but after thinking about it for a while I decided to go with a story about one of my old high school memories. It's not a love story but more of a friendship story.
I thought that this would be fun to do because these memories are some of the few good school memories that I have so that is also why I decided to name it school memories because that's what it is :D

I hope this doesn't sound to boring but since it was based off of a true story I hope others will be able to enjoy the game play when I have it finished ^^;
Last edited by Morishita on Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

Re: [WIP] School Memories

#2 Post by Desu_Cake »

Friendship, yes!
The guys remind me of my two best friends at college.
Wishing you luck with this~

Morishita
Veteran

#3 Post by Morishita »

Thank you so much :D I'm happy to see that!

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#4 Post by netravelr »

Good luck with your project! I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with it.
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

Morishita
Veteran

#5 Post by Morishita »

Thank you natravelr! ^^

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#6 Post by Deji »

This sounds like it will be a story full of Warm And Fuzzy Feelings by the end of it <3
I'll be looking forward to read/play it!

Good luck on the development, I'm sure it will be great training for you ^^
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Morishita
Veteran

#7 Post by Morishita »

^^ Thank you Deji! It makes me happy to know that you'll be looking forward to the game play. I hope to not disappoint. ^^
Last edited by Morishita on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#8 Post by TsukiShima »

Ah wow, this is just so cute <3 I'm sure I'll be playing this when it's finished! The doodles are quite fine for me, it's cute and fun to read.

And I think it's "Based on a true story"? Because I felt it's a little off, for using "Based off of a true story".

Friendship is much more pure than love, so good luck with this!

Morishita
Veteran

#9 Post by Morishita »

Thank you HanaMori! I fumble around with my words a lot but I'm glad that you are still interested in seeing my work! I'll make sure to keep doing my best.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#10 Post by Camille »

I really like the sound of this. I feel like friendships are a big part of growing up so I'm happy to see a high school story that focuses on that (and a young girl coming out of her shell) instead of the heroine trying to chase after a boyfriend. I'll be looking forward to this VN. :3 Best of luck to you!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by gekiganwing »

Morishita wrote:She has just completed her first semester of high school and is now starting her second semester in a new art class.
I'm a bit confused. Are you implying that your main character is *only* taking art classes for a few months? Or does she have other mandatory classes to attend?

Either way, themes such as "discover who you are" and "strive to make new friends" are definitely worth exploring. After all, people are often more complex than they first seem.

Morishita
Veteran

#12 Post by Morishita »

Camille wrote:I really like the sound of this. I feel like friendships are a big part of growing up so I'm happy to see a high school story that focuses on that (and a young girl coming out of her shell) instead of the heroine trying to chase after a boyfriend. I'll be looking forward to this VN. :3 Best of luck to you!
Thank you for cheering me on Camille! I hope to be able to tell the story well enough so it's not to confusing and gets the point across.
gekiganwing wrote:I'm a bit confused. Are you implying that your main character is *only* taking art classes for a few months? Or does she have other mandatory classes to attend?

Either way, themes such as "discover who you are" and "strive to make new friends" are definitely worth exploring. After all, people are often more complex than they first seem.
Forgive me for the confusion. In my old highschool whenever we would change semesters some of our classes would last for two whole semester while others would end the first and we would have to move to a whole new class during the second semester so with miya she she still has her other regular classes but with one of her classes only lasting till the first semester she is now moving to her new second semester class........*it still sounds a bit confusing even after I explained it....*

but basically no she isn't only taking art class, it's just her newly changed class for that semester, with new students that she isn't use to and a new art teacher. I can't remember how long our semesters use to last but I believe they did only last for about 3 months maybe more, it all depended on the class. I wanted to focus mostly on the memories of her time in the art class, library and lunch period so those will be the only main places mentioned in the story. Since I really wanted to finish my first visual novel game I decided to keep the story short and only have a few characters and a few locations.

Hopefully I was able to explain things a little better. If not I'll be happy to go into further detail but there isn't much more to the story then her interacting with the boys in class and in the lunchroom and library. :3

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#13 Post by SilverxBlue »

Oh. It looks cute! I really have a strong feeling that I will like this VN. I don't know why... there's just something about it that has drawn me in.
That said, I'm definitely gonna start stalking this, and if you don't finish it, I will hunt you down! (Kidding.) ^_^

Anyways, good luck! :D
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#14 Post by azureXtwilight »

This looks really cute!

*based on true story*

I'm watching at you. Intently.

Morishita
Veteran

#15 Post by Morishita »

SliverxBlue wrote:Oh. It looks cute! I really have a strong feeling that I will like this VN. I don't know why... there's just something about it that has drawn me in.
That said, I'm definitely gonna start stalking this, and if you don't finish it, I will hunt you down! (Kidding.) ^_^

Anyways, good luck! :D
I'm happy to see that you like it so far! Since it's a short story I'll definitely make sure to finish it ^^ or else I shall suffer the consequences of the hunt O.O lol!

Thank you for keeping watch on my game! For me this memory is one of the few happy ones that I have and I'm not sure why it's like that for me but I think I can understand what you mean when something draws you in.
I actually wanted to turn this story into a one shot comic but I thought making it a short VN would be better ^^
azureXtwilight wrote:This looks really cute!

*based on true story*

I'm watching at you. Intently.
XD *ACK* I've been caught! lol! Thank you though azure!