Help? ;__;

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
eternalwishess
Regular

Help? ;__;

#1 Post by eternalwishess »

...I don't know what to do. I feel like I've lost motivation in everything and I don't feel like doing anything at all. Whatever I want to do...I'm never in the mood for it anymore, and if I force myself...I experience a migraine shortly after. My head is bloated with what feels like landfill, but my body is very empty.

What am I lacking? How do I get back up again? Have you guys ever felt this way before? If so, how did you manage to recover? ._____.

Things to consider:
- I have stayed home the entire week, only went out for a day to the library.
- I am staying up late and waking up late. Sometimes sleeping early but waking up late.
- Music isn't helping... and it usually does.
- Overeating.
Last edited by eternalwishess on Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me αίкσ, hehe. C:

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

Re: Help? ;__;

#2 Post by Sapphi »

Sounds like classic symptoms of depression to me. Are you feeling depressed, or just uninspired?
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

eternalwishess
Regular

#3 Post by eternalwishess »

Both. :/

EDIT: The depression is causing the uninspired feeling, I guess.
Call me αίкσ, hehe. C:

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#4 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

You've been staying awake a lot, right? If you've been drinking a lot of caffeine and just recently stopped, you might be experiencing caffeine withdrawal symptoms (headaches, nausea, sour mood).
Regardless, what I do in times like these is think about how much fun it really is to be alive.

My philosophy:
People who aren't alive experience nothing. Even intense pain and sorrow are more interesting and enjoyable than that.

Sometimes, when I'm feeling really bad, I try to think, "This is actually pretty awesome. If I was never alive, I couldn't experience this intense of an emotion. I should try to enjoy this pain."

It seems a bit dumb, but it helps me sometimes.

This is the most important thing, though. If you have intense depression, you should see a doctor. To be honest, I think a doctor would be more qualified than pretty much anyone on this board.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

eternalwishess
Regular

#5 Post by eternalwishess »

I haven't been drinking caffeine. ^^; We don't have coffee at home. I just get a lot of flashbacks of memories I don't want to remember, this happens every time a long break comes by (on winter break atm). I wasn't able to fall asleep until 2 hours after I went to bed, they kept coming, distracting me, and keeping me awake...

As for the pain thing... I would enjoy it if it didn't happen so frequently, I'm really just sick of it now and it's kind of driving me crazy.

A doctor? Nonononono. >.< I don't think it's that severe yet.
Call me αίкσ, hehe. C:

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Sapphi »

Well, hmm... I've had on-and-off bouts of crushing depression since I was about 12 or 13 (related to self-esteem issues), but I think I only ever had one week where I went to bed depressed and woke up depressed on a consistent basis. More often, it was like one minute ZOMG SOOOO HAPPY TO BE ALIVE and then the next minute I would crash and just want to die. So I'm not quite sure what to suggest to you... I would second the idea of going to a doctor, but doctors these days (at least in the US) are incredibly prescription-happy and you really don't want to be taking anti-depressants unless you absolutely have to.

From my personal experience, bad flashbacks can be caused by pent-up emotions... Do you have anyone whose shoulder you can cry on? Sometimes all you need is someone who's there to listen. I don't necessarily just mean a good friend, but maybe a therapist.
— William Faulkner

eternalwishess
Regular

#7 Post by eternalwishess »

Sapphi wrote:More often, it was like one minute ZOMG SOOOO HAPPY TO BE ALIVE and then the next minute I would crash and just want to die.
What did you do then? That is the part I can't seem to overcome. I just want to -headbang- it all away.

And I have...a pillow? I like to cry in private, but the problems I'm having are just bunches of trivial matters that irritate & piss me off. Nonstop. They're not enough to make me cry...even though I want to.
How much does it even cost to see a therapist?
Call me αίкσ, hehe. C:

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#8 Post by LVUER »

I don't see exercise and socializing in your list. Healthy mind resides on a health body. And internet-ing couldn't be called a true socializing. Go out, have some exercise, meet up with real people and do things that you rarely do.

Try changing your sleeping habit to sleep early wakes early. I usually sleeps at 7-8PM and wakes at 2-3AM. And I feel healthier than when I sleeps at 9-10AM and wakes at 6-7AM.

And a balanced healthy diet could help.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#9 Post by Reikun »

Ahhh, I went through this kind of bad slump up until recently. It lasted for at least 6-8 weeks I think (but I'm out of it now).
I agree with LVUER's suggestions. You will probably feel better if you have some physical exercise or socialize with friends/people you like IRL. There's a psychological trick where if you smile/laugh for no reason you'll eventually feel happy, but I don't know how good it works xD;;; There is also cathartic writing. Just write to get all your thoughts and feelings out. It doesn't matter what you write, it's just important that you experience the emotion and then let it go.

It felt like it took me way too long to get out of my slump. I really didn't get out of it until a few days ago after talking about it with a friend of mine who was going through similar feelings. Besides your pillow... if you have someone you're close to that understands your specific situation, it might help to talk about it to them. I think the important thing with getting past these dark times is to understand the cause of the pain and then just letting the feeling go (.___.);;
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#10 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

eternalwishess wrote:I haven't been drinking caffeine. ^^
That's good to hear! It screws with me so much...
eternalwishess wrote:As for the pain thing... I would enjoy it if it didn't happen so frequently, I'm really just sick of it now and it's kind of driving me crazy.
The other solution is to try to douse the pain with pleasure. If you haven't been exercising that much recently, it'd be a good idea to try (maybe play some sports, take a jog, go to the gym). Endorphins can help you feel better. You might even feel inspired.
eternalwishess wrote:A doctor? Nonononono. >.< I don't think it's that severe yet.
That's good to hear. I just mentioned that, because it's the safe thing to do, lol.

Also, like everyone else said, sleep is good.
Hope you feel better soon!
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

eternalwishess
Regular

#11 Post by eternalwishess »

Thank you all. ;w;
Now I know staying at home for a long period of time is a bad idea. Went grocery shopping with my mom today, and I felt much better when I got home. I'm glad I'm not the only feel that has felt this way before. I'll also change my sleeping time now... i hope sleeping at 12 AM and waking at 10 AM is okay. Letting things go is going to be hard for a clingy person to me, but if it's the source of my depression then I will try to the best of my abilities. I'm going to start exercising again too ~ (just so lazy...)

THANKS EVERYONE, I appreciate you guys taking the time to help. It means a lot. ♥ Really, it does.

I will repay you guys in the future with the visual novels I'm going to be making
Call me αίкσ, hehe. C:

LVUER
King of Lolies

#12 Post by LVUER »

Uuuumm... I don't think sleeps at 12AM and wakes at 10AM is good. That means you sleep for 22 hours a day o_O I think it's a typo, right?

If it's right, well, too much sleep is bad for your body (and mind), definitely. Sleeping for 8 hours a day is the ideal amount (normally).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Sapphi »

12AM is midnight where I come from, LVUER :P
So 12:00 midnight to 10:00 in the morning, that's only 10 hours of sleep... right?
— William Faulkner

eternalwishess
Regular

#14 Post by eternalwishess »

Yes. haha ^^; 10 hours...
Doesn't the amount of hours you sleep depend on your age?
Call me αίкσ, hehe. C:

LVUER
King of Lolies

#15 Post by LVUER »

Hahaha, yes, that's true. Sorry, some miscalculation here...

The amount of hours you sleep indeed depend on your age (and it even varies for people at same age). Kid need more sleep since they are in growth spurt while elderly need more sleep since they tire more easily. But the easy count is 8 hours per day. 10 hours is still ok I guess...

Just remember that too much sleep could also "tire" your body (you wakes up feeling tired). Don't know why, but it's true. So if you wakes up refreshed after sleeping 10 hours, then it's good.

Btw, I sleep only 7 hours a day. Like I said, I sleep at 7PM (sometimes 8) and wakes at 2AM.

DeviantArt Account