Atelier Elkrone

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Atelier Elkrone

#1 Post by DaFool »

Pretty wowed by this trailer so far... kinda amazing that two companies known for their loli pantsu games for dudes can combine their powers to make a really awesome-looking otome game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/13/gu ... r-elkrone/

What I need to confirm if it's still Mel Kishida drawing the dudes or somebody else? The girl looks like Rorona, copy-paste and all.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Atelier Elkrone

#2 Post by LVUER »

Another reason to buy PSP... now I really hope they localize it.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

In response to DaFool's comments, most of Gust's games have been a part of the various Atelier series. This is a series which has a wide variety of character designs (see its main tropes page, especially the 'stripperific' section). And as for Idea Factory's games, don't forget that the company makes more than Agarest War, Clean Keeper, and poorly regarded multiverse crossover RPGs. I see an awful lot of reverse harem games among the company's more recent products.

Unfortunately, it seems awfully late in the PSP's lifecycle for companies to consider licensing more than a few games for release in English. I've often seen stories about how companies had trouble selling more than a few copies of their PSP games in English. Even during 2011, it seems that XSeed staff thought the sales of Trails in the Sky were disappointing.

Somehow, a few niche PSP titles have recently been confirmed for localization. Fate/Extra and Corpse Party are recent examples (which I have bought). And as of this writing, Hakouki, Grand Knight History, Gungnir, and Black Rock Shooter are set for release later in 2012.

If you're willing to buy Atelier Elkrone, go to NIS America's forums, and politely add a comment or two in the game's topic in the Requests section.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by OtomeWeekend »

LVUER wrote:Another reason to buy PSP... now I really hope they localize it.
Are you really saying that, LVUER, King of the Lolies? :lol: In a certain thread you've mentioned you don't play otome games and now you want to glomp this game? xD Sadly, only otome gamers should buy PSP because if you'll look at the list of games to be released to psp, it's more spammed by otome games to be released this year or the next.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.