establishing a Visual Novel circle/recruiting for a gal-game

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

establishing a Visual Novel circle/recruiting for a gal-game

#1 Post by desulishor »

As the title says. I'm looking for people willing to cooperate for big projects and I currently need artists, writers are cool too and even better if you do both. My preferred genre falls to anime/manga-inspired dating sims but I'm also open for ideas.

As for myself, I can only do writing and simple renpy coding, and I also know the basics about what a visual novel needs.

The current solo project I have been working on is a lighthearted dating sim/gal-game with 4 different girls and their arcs planned. What exists so far is the beginning of the script, right before it starts splitting into individual arcs.
For a quick synopsis: our protagonist Dan is a shockingly average high school student, but one day he starts getting pulled into all sorts weird scenarios in broad daylight. He's drawn into a fantasy, a horror scene, A secret agent's story, and a sci-fi adventure, all because of a girl who has found a magical book and she's using that as a notebook for her fictional scenarios...

but like I said, doesn't necessarily have to be that one, as long as you're willing to work with me. If you're even mildly interested, post here or just add demofd in skype.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

Re: establishing a Visual Novel circle/recruiting for a gal-

#2 Post by Fawn »

Hmm, do you have any examples of your writing, or games that you've worked on before? It'll be easier for people to want to join if they have examples of the kind of work they'll be doing with you. You should show artists/writers/ect what you'll be able to offer them in exchange for their work (unless you plan on commissioning their work, in that case the exchange is money!).

That being said, I like your game idea- It sounds really cool, with the different scenerios and what not (and we could always use more bxg games!) If I have the time I may donate some art. :)

Nightydreams
Regular
Projects: The Saddest Music In The World

#3 Post by Nightydreams »

This sounds quite interesting, If your ever in need to a writer then I'd be ecstatic to offer my help. My situation (Health and time wise) isn't really good at the moment but I can assure you work will be done.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.

-Alexander. Infinity Ocean
Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
- Terro, The Saddest Music In The World

desulishor
Regular

#4 Post by desulishor »

for Fawn: I haven't completed any games but i gotta start from somewhere. For those of you who'd like to see my writing, i got a few stories started in my DA profile : http://desulishor.deviantart.com/ and i can also show copies of my game script till now, but it's about 12 pages of text with font 10, so i don't think just about anyone would read it right away. There's also the issue of protecting the idea and so on.

for nightydreams: even if artist/s are the number 1 thing on my checklist, I could give away 1 or 2 arcs for a capable writer. I hope my parameters aren't too constraining but if you do wish for that, I can pm you the details about writing. (well, skype would work easier.)

Nightydreams
Regular
Projects: The Saddest Music In The World

#5 Post by Nightydreams »

I've tried writing individual arcs before in a team, as it stands I wasn't very good at it because of the level of communication required to keep the paths consistent. I'm sorry but right now I'd have to decline because working under these conditions I would most liekly produce sub-par work that wouldn't do you justice.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.

-Alexander. Infinity Ocean
Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
- Terro, The Saddest Music In The World

desulishor
Regular

#6 Post by desulishor »

okay, your first message just didn't make that clear, but thanks for the interest anyway. Personally I find it somewhat fun to follow set parameters and even the current set of charas was originally something my friend created and abandoned, then I modified em a bit and developed the story around them... oh well, getting further away from the topic.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#7 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Hmm, interesting concept. I'll give this another looksy sometime in the future if you're still recruiting once I've improved myself art wise.
ImageImageImageImage

Maltagliati
Regular
Projects: Lotus, Driftwood

#8 Post by Maltagliati »

I would be interested in working on your project art-wise. Here are some samples: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 32#p169932

desulishor
Regular

#9 Post by desulishor »

Thanks for your attention again. So far, 2 or 3 artists (that means Maltagliati and Fawn at least) have volunteered for this project, and my personal friend (the one with the original designs) also offered help with the art, so hopefully the art thing is under control. The most logical start point for gathering art is the sprites, a task that I'd like to give to the so-called main artist of the game. Another thing is cgs, aka pics of the main charas kissing, doing H, (not the main focus here, but I'd still like to include one scene per arc) and maybe something connected with the storylines, but that's later on.

Just to kick things off... These are the original chara designs my version was based on. In order to compare artwork, sketch me the lineart of one or 2 charas sprites. (waist-up, will be used in game dialogue screens, so it needs to be a flexible pose, which can be easily modified to show different expressions.) Use your head and no need copy the style, clothing or anything like that. For now, the game is set in a fictional high school somewhere in Europe. (well, change the names and it could be Japan, I guess.)
http://xxlei-chanxx.deviantart.com/art/ ... 6563&qo=72
Joy, more or less the female lead of the story. She's really shy and quiet, and a forgetful airhead too. Likes writing fictional scenarios and that's precisely what causes trouble to our poor protagonist
http://xxlei-chanxx.deviantart.com/art/ ... 6563&qo=68
http://xxlei-chanxx.deviantart.com/art/ ... 6563&qo=73
Her big sister, Lily. The polar opposite of Joy, she's happy-go-lucky, rushes headfirst into things, but can still be quite girly at times...
http://xxlei-chanxx.deviantart.com/art/ ... 6563&qo=74
Juliet, a classmate of the protagonist. She's playful, bit of tsundere at times, with a hint of S too.
http://xxlei-chanxx.deviantart.com/art/ ... 6563&qo=75
Amy, another classmate. A girl you'd describe as cute, rather than beatiful. She's energetic and loud, curious and childish.
Oh, and their scenarios go like this: Joy = scifi adventures, Juliet = horror scenes, Lily = console rpg-ish fantasy, Amy = the secret agent's story.
Here for reference purposes but I guess I won't be needing a sprite for him.
http://xxlei-chanxx.deviantart.com/art/ ... 6563&qo=71
The protagonist: your average 17-year-old guy, the story is told via his first-person narration. He's inexperienced and a bit reserved, but an honest and kind guy nonetheless. Likes to play the straight man in his narration.

still room for a 2nd writer, i'd suppose. but that would have to someone willing to conform him/herself to follow set parameters.
Like I've said, feel free to add me in skype, (demofd) ask about the script and check my DA account for a little example of what i've written in the past. http://desulishor.deviantart.com/gallery/
Last edited by desulishor on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maltagliati
Regular

#10 Post by Maltagliati »

Ah, I see. Does that mean you've found your artists? ^^ That's good.
Nice character designs. It sounds like it's going to be a fun game.

desulishor
Regular

#11 Post by desulishor »

@maltagliati: to clarify, this message was ment for whoever might be interested in working with the project. That means you too. Lei-chan's artwork is there only for reference purposes and I'd be interested in seeing a sprite sketch from you (or anyone who's willing to work in the project for free.)

Maltagliati
Regular

#12 Post by Maltagliati »

Ohh, lol. Thanks for making it clear. xD I'll send some sketches your way then.
Though just to let you know, I won't be able to do any H-scenes if I'll be working on the CGs. They're kind of out of my league for my age.