DSE Plus - "The Game"

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: DSE Plus - "The Game"

#31 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

mugenjohncel wrote:Guess it's ripe enough to introduce her... and no she's not a Lucy... yet...
Goodness! Stalkers are just so much fun. *___*
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#32 Post by mugenjohncel »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:Goodness! Stalkers are just so much fun. *___*
Wait till you see "WHO" exactly is this Stalker Girl... :mrgreen:

Hint: It's not Lucy but she's also present in the original DSE-The Game released last December... yep she's definitely included there... you'll just have to "LOOK REALLY HARD" and you'll "SEE" her...

Anyway, I'll pretend I accidentally posted this here :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#33 Post by mugenjohncel »

Lol!… Anyway as you can see in the image above I implemented a sort of blurred interactive thing for the DSE Plus – Remake I’m working on where the BG is slowly blurred while interacting with another character giving more emphasis on the character you interact since my BG’s are super detailed and super distracting. I cannot remember the Japanese VN I saw that implemented this system but it is looking very good so I copied it and put it in my project so I too can have good looking project… What do you say?… Is it a good idea?…

"POOF" (Disappears)

briannavon
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by briannavon »

Hm..This game looks great! If I can ask, what is it about? And what's it's age rating?
Join Me At LivingGame Productions!

http://livinggameproductions.blogspot.com/

Nische
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

#35 Post by Nische »

Wahahaha, magandang gabi kaibigan! xD

It's so nice to see a fellow Filipino on this forum.
I'm looking forward to this! I love the sprites so far. :')

~ehcs
ImageImageImageImage

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#36 Post by mugenjohncel »

briannavon wrote: Hm..This game looks great! If I can ask, what is it about? And what's it's age rating?
This is actually safe for work so probably 12 or so... :mrgreen:
Nische wrote: Wahahaha, magandang gabi kaibigan! xD

It's so nice to see a fellow Filipino on this forum.
I'm looking forward to this! I love the sprites so far. :')
Magandang gabi din sa iyo! Madaming pinoy dito!... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#37 Post by mugenjohncel »

New character teaser!!!... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#38 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

oh hey, this thread is still active. goodness is good.

yayifications! another appearance from uncle mugen. he's also so believable, almost like a real person...

more seriously, I really like the facial expressions on these characters.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#39 Post by mugenjohncel »

Major Update!

So now that I have discovered a new way to produce decent BG's with minimal effort (aka... little manual editing as possible) I now realize that my art didn't keep up with my BG's as far as improvement is concerned...

Here we have Glasses Girl in her original release last December and the ridiculous amounts of revisions she had till now... it is even ridiculous to think that during these times I released two other games since DSE-The Game (The Fucking Question and a private password protected game... yes they do exist and there is a very good reason why they are private OELVN releases)...

Now unlike the BG's where I can shortcut my way out of it by using sketchup... I cannot do the same for Character Sprites... actually I can shortcut but that means I now have to learn proper 3D... something I don't have time anymore... turns out, you can improve the looks of your drawing by simply drawing very VERY large... in my case... the final Glasses Girl sprite in it's original size fresh from Adobe is 9000 x 16364 at 300dpi... very unncessary large but looks good when scalled down so it is worth it.

All of this effort for a Girl that doesn't even have a name in a very short remake OELVN... oh well...

Might as well play with the palette for a while and Hmm... she reminds me of... someone...

"POOF" (Disappears)

DeeKay
Veteran

#40 Post by DeeKay »

Cool stuff Mugen !
mugenjohncel wrote:So now that I have discovered a new way to produce decent BG's with minimal effort (aka... little manual editing as possible)
Haha, way to summarize it ! xD
mugenjohncel wrote:I now realize that my art didn't keep up with my BG's as far as improvement is concerned...
As far as I'm concerned, you're still doing impressive things ! :)
mugenjohncel wrote:Image

Might as well play with the palette for a while and Hmm... she reminds me of... someone...
You're just asking for an answer there, aren't you ? ^^'
I confirm my statement : very nice ! ;)
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#41 Post by mugenjohncel »

Update!... Reworking on GUI now and added the analog clock from the cookbook. GUI theme is not final and is subject to change without prior notice...

ETERNAL, if you are reading this... now is the time to pick up that brick and throw it at my window to remind me of... something... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Hides)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#42 Post by mugenjohncel »

Update:
Downloading software Demo's left and right trying to find "THAT ONE SOFTWARE" that will give me the ability to "somewhat" recreate what MotionPortrait technology from Japan (Which is next to impossible to purchase) at the least effort possible (and hopefully the cheapest...)

Right now, every sign points to CrazyTalk... sure, I still have to figure out how to manually override the eye movements in the idle stance animation that comes with CrazyTalk but once I figured out how to do it... I'm so gonna give them my wallet.

Here is a video of a simple basic test using "ONLY" a single flat image...

Compared to my previous planned method... while it looked kinda good... it is very labor intensive composed of several layers manually tweaking them in Adobe Photoshop's Puppet tool...

"POOF" (Disappears)