Exchange Student

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

Exchange Student

#1 Post by Enerccio »

I am currently making bishou game:
Exchange student.

I am looking for artist to make pictures.
It will be normal bishou game like X-change 1.
(mikey: Nepoznas dajakeho? )

This is work done so far (only working for 1 hour or so), but i will continue when i be home again.

http://rapidshare.com/files/1038592/Exc ... t.zip.html

BTW: Renpy is great :D

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#2 Post by Watercolorheart »

I played X-change, man, I hated that game ... I felt stupider for just having played it ...

The only part that amused me was the clean-up of the lab (washing test tubes, beakers, etc) because I was working as a lab assistant at that time.

Um, what?

Sorry.

What's your game about? I sincerely hope its nothing like X-change 1/2/3 ...
I'm not even the same person anymore

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#3 Post by Enerccio »

I mean type like X-cahnge not X-change :?

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#4 Post by Watercolorheart »

Enerccio wrote:I mean type like X-cahnge not X-change :?
... whut?

._.
I'm not even the same person anymore

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#5 Post by F.I.A »

Currently, the first few lines are rather blunt. I don't know but the story telling is rather dry with quite a lot of typo mistakes.

And I doubt a stewardess will still act professional, after getting indirectly "sexual harassed".

Well, that is it for now.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Re: Exchange Student

#6 Post by mikey »

Enerccio wrote:I am currently making bishou game:
Exchange student.
I am looking for artist to make pictures.
It will be normal bishou game like X-change 1.
This is work done so far (only working for 1 hour or so), but i will continue when i be home again.
First, welcome to the forums. :P

Second, the game is... well, I think it's a little early to tell. It's perhaps a tribute to XChange, maybe it is supposed to be in a similar style, but all that it is now is a few lines. You should probably work on the script a bit more and then put out the demo. It's hard to see anything at an early stage like this. :?

But as F.I.A said, the script is currently a bit blunt. I don't mind the XChange type of humor, but for me, only XChange 2 has done it right, and actually, making an ecchi sort of game is very difficult, because it's very easy to get it wrong. For bad examples, look at the Sex Kitten sim dates on Newgrounds, for good examples, you can try Hanafuda Club, or certain parts of Tales Of Lemma.

Good luck.
Enerccio wrote:(mikey: Nepoznas dajakeho? )
Actually, you can ask here on the forums if you need someone for graphics. If they like the game and the idea, it shouldn't be a problem. :wink:

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by DaFool »

A game based on sexual-harrassment is feasible if the writing is good. You have to make the protagonist into "A pervert with a heart of gold", which means he needs to have a LOT of a sense of humor, a LOT of playfulness, and a pure heart despite his...cravings.

Otherwise, it's just...sexual harrassment :shock: and comes off as misogynistic. With just a few lines here that is the immediate impression.

Adding a lot of romance will make the concept go a long way. And will ultimately not alienate female players. If you watched the anime Zero no Tsukaima, then take note of the lead Saito character. He's a total jackass, and yet he's willing to be a man-bitch as well. That's what I'm talking about.

BTW X-Change 2 was the first galge I played to the finish. I kid you not 8)