True Love: Presidents Edi

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

True Love: Presidents Edi

#1 Post by gekiganwing »

Just when I was winding down for the evening, I saw a mention of this Flash game. True Love: Presidents Edi is described by its creator Tailsfanatic as follows: "Created for the NDSU ACM 24-hour game design competition. Use all of your wits and charms to try and get the president (or former president) to give you a 'job'!"

A couple years ago, I was frustrated by some of the romance games on Newgrounds. The games I tried had decent gameplay, but I had trouble finding anything with coherent dialogue and characterization. These days, you can find some of Pacthesis' well-written games on Newgrounds, and if you're willing to search the web a bit, you can find some more romance games in English with commendable writing and complex gameplay. ...Anyway, I'm saying this in the hope that TL:PE has something to offer besides immature humor.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: True Love: Presidents Edi

#2 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I know Americans are free people but there's a limit on how you could be rude to your own leader. I certainly don't like anything politic(certainly despise them) but I do think people there should still be given respects.

Figure that if it was made here in Japan instead, the creator might be spending some months in the prison with a big penalty on his head.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#3 Post by papillon »

For Americans, rudeness is fine as long as you don't *threaten* the leader. That, even in a joking manner, can get you a visit from the secret service.

Many people will think that it's disrespectful and not funny, though. It's just that disrespect isn't a legal offense.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#4 Post by Mink »

So I wonder, are the options where you can hit on Obama inspired by Obama Girl?
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

dreamingdaze
Regular

#5 Post by dreamingdaze »

:? Pity, I didn't laugh once while playing the game. I guess the idea is daring (although, not appealing in terms of forcing the player to basically flirt/sleep to the top). Fairly lazy humor really...it could have easily attempted to integrate some real politics into this rather than over the top come ons.

I admittedly stopped after 5 or so minutes, so if this is unfair assessment, than I can only hope so and the humor/gameplay drastically improves.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#6 Post by PyTom »

Really, I have no idea how these guys haven't gotten a Polonium smoothie:

Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom