One Province Minor (Economic Simulator) (Intro Uploaded)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran
Projects: Rzeczpospolita Polska 1647

Re: One Province Minor (Economic Simulator) (Intro Uploaded)

#16 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

Progress report: The framework product model is finally done. Applying it to the three basic agricultural products - grain, cattle and fish (Yes, I took Andrei's advice there, since cash crop can be modelled later when we examine how industries work.)

One problem with the current model is that the food-producing peoples are producing too much. I won't publicize all my mathematics here, but the situation is that all things considered, our daylight robbing aristocrats are putting out an excess of 400000 bushels of grain per year at dirt-cheap price. Whether this is historically accurate is very, very suspect. Point is, factoring in fish and cattle and we won't be experiencing any famine any time soon (which, given the historical economic background, should be always looming in the horizon.)

Unfortunately, work will be very, very slow in the next few weeks. Between my RL job and final exams, I'd be rather hard pressed for time. I'd still be taking in suggestions.

Thoughts and suggestions are, as per normal, VERY welcome.
One Province Minor - 120 class variables and still counting!

Because there is no such thing as too many variables.

Andrei

#17 Post by Andrei »

You must consider that only one third of harvest goes into consumption/trade. Another third is nourishment for animals and the other one is the seed for next year. And you must also compute how much land a man can work. GJ till now and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran

#18 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

Quick update:

I am now trying to implement a "production chain" system, where one kind of goods is used as raw material for another. At the moment, however, the entire system (on paper) looks more like a production fork than a production chain.

While that sounds awesome when I first started to work on it, there is also the fact that this concept kinda sorta screws up my entire existing formulae. It will take quite a while to fix things up, even if I knew how to. Help?

briannavon
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by briannavon »

How much will this game cost?
Join Me At LivingGame Productions!

http://livinggameproductions.blogspot.com/

Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran

#20 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

If you are talking about cost of *production*, likely none but my blood, toil and sweat. I'm but a poor student :wink:

If you're talking about whether this game is commercial or not?

Well, let's just say I'm hyperbolically willing to give people money to play my game rather than the other way around...

Andrei

#21 Post by Andrei »

Argeus_the_Paladin wrote:Well, let's just say I'm hyperbolically willing to give people money to play my game rather than the other way around...
You can count me here too.