Free Bedroom Background

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Goddess Viridi
Regular
Projects: Mnemosyne
Organization: MoeRoe

Free Bedroom Background

#1 Post by Goddess Viridi »

Image Image
Not sure if I can do this... Just delete this topic if I did anything wrong >,>

I made this background for a game separate from Mnemo but I realized that the room needs TWO beds instead of one. Instead of just editing it, I might as well redo the entire thing and fix the lineart a bit. I don't think anyone would actually want to use this but just in case...

There is only one variation of the background and I don't plan to make another version unless it's specifically requested. The size is 800*600, the default Ren'py size. You can download the full sized image here.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: Free Bedroom Background

#2 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Very nice! It's fine to post this here. A lot of others have in the past. The coloring of the background is really fun! :mrgreen:

You might be interested in putting your background here too: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=12032
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by CheeryMoya »

[deleted]
Last edited by CheeryMoya on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Goddess Viridi
Regular
Projects: Mnemosyne
Organization: MoeRoe

#4 Post by Goddess Viridi »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:Very nice! It's fine to post this here. A lot of others have in the past. The coloring of the background is really fun! :mrgreen:

You might be interested in putting your background here too: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=12032
Thank you! Are you sure I can post there, though? The last post was in January...
CheeryMoya wrote:You are allowed to drop anything art-related in this board you know :/ That said, that's a gorgeous bedroom *v* The one thing about BGs is that most lack daytime variations, as in morning, day, evening, and night. Usually one day and one night variation will be enough.

The shading is good methinks, and the only reason why people wouldn't use it is because there's only one BG; if there was a set, everyone would use it in their games O:
Thanks!

Sorry, I'm not sure what I can and can't post yet. I'm just trying to follow the example of others but they usually had more than one background per topic. ^^'

I'm not going to make another variation or a set of variations unless someone specifically wants to use them for their game. I didn't even want to finish coloring this when I realized my error so why should I go out of the way for nothing? If someone requests it and they are serious about using it, I'll be happy to make more. If not, I honestly don't care.

God that sounded harsh... I'm sorry Y.Y

jeje
Regular

#5 Post by jeje »

Nonono. It's not harsh at all, Viri. 8) I mean, as a fellow artist, I can feel your pain. I'm not quite fond of making BG, it's too damn hard and so much details and pains, and usually the player doesn't really care about the BG T_T so why the heck must I spend my time making BG?? I really appreciate someone like you who's so nice at making BGs for others to use. If me, I'll make BG, only if I'm gonna use it for a commercial project of mine. (Or I'll make it in a free game, if only the game require only 1 bg)

See? I'm harsher than you! 8|

And about the 'wrong place', no, you're not. I think everybody's allowed to post their art here. It's just more neat to gather the free BGs in one place, so the other game makers easily find your BG. I think just that.

Best of luck!! :lol:

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#6 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Yes, you can post there. They'll love you forever to have new assets. As for backgrounds in general, I'm sure that finding a concept for you to do backgrounds for would be easy.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#7 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Goddess Viridi wrote:Thank you! Are you sure I can post there, though? The last post was in January...
If you're interested in it, it should be fine. I haven't heard PyTom close entries yet. It's not really thread necromancy since the thread isn't dead and irrelevant, it wasn't too long ago since the last post, and what you'd post would be on subject and significant. It's also a thread that I've been silently rooting for for a while now. :lol:
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Zylinder
Veteran

#8 Post by Zylinder »

@Viridi, as long as it's art, it's relevant to this forum! Be brave, post with confidence!

@Panda : Man, now I regret not looking properly for a background compilation thread. I should have just put all my stuff there instead of on my own thread orz

lilyalex
Regular
Completed: Crazy to be Famous
Projects: Bold Mount

#9 Post by lilyalex »

Thank you! I like it :)