Dream Route (Skyshift)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Nafai
Veteran
Projects: Elect: Ascendance

#16 Post by Nafai »

Release Date
Haha... it'll be a LONG TIME.
Aw... :(

Still, this looks intriguing... Plotting will have to be tight though to keep consistency between three parallel concurrent storylines, as will your cause-and-effect scenarios. For want of a nail and all that...

Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

#17 Post by Mirielle »

Wow...looks impressive. Now I'm actually kinda anxious to see what the art's going to be like...
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#18 Post by Counter Arts »

You are right when you say that I would have to keep the plot tight.

However, thanks to my experience in Computer Science, I learned that reducing dependcies is very good to keeping things managable. So the cause-and-effect scenarios are very generalized in dependancies.

I had draw up an outline of all three plotlines on a spreadsheet listing only
the titles of episodes. So, in a sense there are actually (23 + 12) x 3 + 1 episodes. It's not really as bad as it sounds as story arcs span several episodes. Also, you can get different strings of episodes.

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Counter Arts »

Drawing logos are easy enough for me. Drawing characters is different. My skills in drawing characters are not that great.

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Counter Arts »

Alright, I started writing the intro after being sidetracked into making features of my game (like the title screen). This is for Skyshift.

Oh man, I'm already trying to make this reasonly realistic but already there are some quirks to the main character. He likes fridges. However, he'll leave behind unplugged fridges. Now there is a good reason for this weirdness that is actually important.

It looks like there will be an introduction action sequence.

Probably the most difficult thing to make this game good is balancing fighting and storylines. I am really going to have to intergrate the storyline in the fighting. (i.e. Battle actions might be as hard as making VN choices)

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Counter Arts »

Blah, I updated the website with wordpress.

Also started to really start on the intro sequence. It looks like Dream Route: Skyshift is going to break 30K words.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#22 Post by DaFool »

Counter Arts wrote: Probably the most difficult thing to make this game good is balancing fighting and storylines. I am really going to have to intergrate the storyline in the fighting. (i.e. Battle actions might be as hard as making VN choices)
I'll send you whatever I do with the Battle Engine. We might learn from each other. Well, I don't really know python, but perhaps you'll get the concepts I'm trying to execute. Before even a single battle CG is made, it is crucial to make it enjoyable enough so that even if the story is not to the audience's tastes, the battles will add replay value.