Galactical Maiden Ciel - Indiegogo Campaign is now Live!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
EroBotan
Veteran

Galactical Maiden Ciel - Indiegogo Campaign is now Live!!

#1 Post by EroBotan »

Gameplay Video
Here is the link for the video

Indiegogo Campaign
Here is the link for the indiegogo campaign

About
Galactical Maiden Ciel is a dungeon-based RPG with dating sim and strategy elements. Unlike other RPGs, Galactical Maiden Ciel features a rogue/thief-oriented dungeon which means that abilities such as stealth, detecting traps, opening locks, deciphering ancient runes, and diplomacy will play an important role in the game.

Story
In a desolate desert in the Middle East, a group of scientists uncover an ancient ruin of an alien civilization known as the Dogma Empire. As they enter the ruin, they find its inhabitants in suspended animation. It does not take long until they begin to awake from their slumber and unleash their terrible power on the unfortunate scientists and soon ... the world.

Characters
ImageImage
Umenomiya Kana is one of the scientists captured by the Dogma Empire. She becomes the subject of an experiment to create a powerful Dogma warrior and had a Ciel System installed within her body. Alice manages to save her just before Dogma scientists initiate the brainwashing procedure. Together, they make their escape from the ruin. However, this leaves the installation of her Ciel System uncompleted and untested.
Umenomiya Alice is an intelligent battle android created by Kana's late father. She was captured along with Kana but managed to free herself with the help of a mysterious person. She proceeds to free her mistress and they escape the ruin together. After this event, she gradually begins to act and think like a human, which changes her relationship with Kana.
Kagura Himiko is a fierce Empress of Yamatai. Thousands of years ago, she commanded 4 starbeasts to defeat and seal Emperor Goram of Dogma Empire and his minions in the ancient ruin. According to legend, she put a spell on herself which make her fall into an eternal sleep as long as Goram’s seal is intact. However, Goram's recent awakening has not broken the spell as intended and the world continues to fall into despair.
Christina Bellmionne was one of the archeologists who worked along Kana’s father in early research of Starbeasts and the Dogma Empire. She went missing after the incident that claimed the lives of her colleagues.

Features
1. Dungeon Exploration
* Experience a rogue-oriented dungeon with traps, locks, ambushes, and magical seals instead of the usual bash-everything-in-sight!
* Room-based dungeons similar to those in Riviera - The Promised Lands.

2. Semi Real-time Turn Based Battle
* Higher agility will bring your turn faster.
* Beautifully animated sprites.
* As the battle progresses, Ciel Overdrive gauge will be filled, unlocking a powerful Overdrive Attack. This attack depletes Kana's HP, so use it wisely.

3. Area Management System
* Genbu, one of the giant starbeasts, will serve as Kana's mothership.
* Defend cities from the Dogma Empire's attacks.
* Choosing which area to attack/defend can be decisive to humanity's survival

4. Schedule Management System
* 3 scheduled activities to choose from: Gymnastics, Meditation, and Research.
* Gymnastic will give physical points which can be used to raise physical stats and skills. These will be useful mostly during battle (improving physical damage, chance to dodge, etc.) and dungeon exploration (avoiding traps, etc.).
* Meditation will give mental points which can be used to raise mental stats and skills. These will be useful mostly during battle (magical skills, etc) and conversation (noticing lies, persuading people).
* Research will give research points which can be used to improve Kana's Ciel form's abilities and weaponry.

5. Dating Sim
* 2 girls to date ( Alice and Himiko )

Screenshots

Team
So far it's only me, but I'll hire a composer and one or two editors/proofreaders later when the game is almost finished. Depending on how the writing goes, I might also hire a writer to help me.

Special thanks to Lemuel for the proofreading :D !!
Last edited by EroBotan on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:25 am, edited 51 times in total.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Galactical Maiden Ciel - Ginga no Shoujo Ciel [gxg]

#2 Post by LVUER »

That's why they should brainwash their subject first, and then experiments. Why didn't they learn from the first Kamen Rider incident?

Joke aside, I will be waiting for this. Sounds interesting...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

EroBotan
Veteran

#3 Post by EroBotan »

LVUER wrote:That's why they should brainwash their subject first, and then experiments. Why didn't they learn from the first Kamen Rider incident?
Haha, so true! But this time the bad guy learns a little from those incident .. well .. just a little lol. The Brainwashing is carried out in the middle phase of the experiment instead of last phase. That's why the Ciel System is not complete, less power than it should be and not very stable.

I've actually tried to put the brainwashing in the first phase which result in successful experiment of Ciel System ... I have a hard time trying to continue the story after that part lol

oh, and Alice's sprite is up

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

If you like creating GxG pairings, that's fine. But why would GxG be the only option? Is there a story-relevant reason? (Maybe there's a type of future humanoids who are all female? Maybe it's normal to be GLBT in a future society?)

Also, I'm curious why you placed this in the adult section. Your story does not seem to mandate on-screen explicit content. Are there going to be plot-relevant sex scenes? Would the story make sense if all of the adult content were removed?
EroBotan wrote:A group of scientists uncover an ancient ruin and accidentally awaken Goram, emperor of Dogma Empire and his minions... Among the enslaved scientist is Kana, a genius student apprentice who become and experiment object for Ciel Project to create a powerful warrior. In critical moment, she manages to escape with the help of battle android Alice just before being brainwashed by the empire...
Hmm, sounds a little bit like Final Fantasy 6. Substitute the name "Kana" with either Terra or Tina (depending on which version of FF6 you like), and see if you think the characters' stories are similar.
EroBotan wrote: - Various skills and stats to raise
- RPG battle style and Room style dungeon exploration (like Riviera - the promised land)
- 2 dateable girls for now
- 6-8 dungeons, 7-10 bosses
This is all pretty ambitious. Are you planning to sell this, or are you making a freeware game? Either way, do you believe you have the time, dedication, and patience to write and code all of this complex content?

EroBotan
Veteran

#5 Post by EroBotan »

ehehe, thanks for your interest!
gekiganwing wrote:If you like creating GxG pairings, that's fine. But why would GxG be the only option? Is there a story-relevant reason? (Maybe there's a type of future humanoids who are all female? Maybe it's normal to be GLBT in a future society?)
well ... the protagonist is gay I guess ^^;
though If there is enough demand, I might add 1 boy and make the protagonist bisexual instead of gay
gekiganwing wrote:Also, I'm curious why you placed this in the adult section. Your story does not seem to mandate on-screen explicit content. Are there going to be plot-relevant sex scenes? Would the story make sense if all of the adult content were removed?
for now I can only tell that there will be nudity in the game like bath event (you know, 'can i wash your back?' stuff and onsen/hot spring event). Those events will be important in developing their relationship.
whether sex scene exist or not, it totally depends on how they build their relationship as I write the story (the script is not finished yet ^^) and stuff
gekiganwing wrote:Hmm, sounds a little bit like Final Fantasy 6. Substitute the name "Kana" with either Terra or Tina (depending on which version of FF6 you like), and see if you think the characters' stories are similar.
It's totally coincidence ^^; ... my story's inspiration comes from Kamen Rider series,especially the older ones (Kuuga and RX).
gekiganwing wrote:This is all pretty ambitious. Are you planning to sell this, or are you making a freeware game? Either way, do you believe you have the time, dedication, and patience to write and code all of this complex content?
well, the skill, stat, and battle system coding is pretty much finished. So that's two major obstacles down.
I need to draw sprites for 7-10 bosses. I think that's pretty realistic.

If you watch tokusatsu, most of the time there is actually only 1 type of grunt who act as cannonfodder the entire 50+ episodes. Well that will be boring in a game, so maybe I will have maybe 3-5 grunts, their basic design is similar but with some different that shows their rank (grunt leader, grunt knight, ordinary grunt), different weapons and body type that shows their class (mage, knight, barbarian, etc) .. oh and grunt obviously only have small number of moveset.

the dungeon system is similar to riviera, so it's less complicated than standard RPG. In each room you're prompted to choose your action (go to the right room, go to the left room, observe the room, etc). So no free movement like the standard rpg, no villages filled with those npcs who order you around either

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by gekiganwing »

Thanks for the reply.

Kana is a human, so it's your decision on what her sexuality will be. If she meets another human girl in her adventures, there is a *chance* that the other girl will be GLBT. Just make sure it doesn't seem like a coincidence.

If you don't like writing GxB, or you don't want to include guys in your story, that's fine. Unless you really need to add a major character, or unless you want one or more of the girls to be straight or bisexual, then don't add a male character.

Alice is an android. It's your call on whether she has emotions, or has a sexuality. Perhaps her personality will develop depending on how Kana interacts with her?

If you want to include bath / hot spring scenes with two people who are *friends,* then I figure that might get at most an "R" movie rating or a "Mature" video game rating. Bathtub bonding is definitely not restricted to adult series, and it's not necessarily a form of fanservice. Just because the characters see each other undressed does not mean they're sexually attracted toward each other.

Now if you include nude scenes with two people who are (becoming) more than friends... that can definitely be fanservice. If you believe that your story will have at least one optional explicit sex scene, then it will be an adult game.

EroBotan
Veteran

#7 Post by EroBotan »

gekiganwing wrote:Alice is an android. It's your call on whether she has emotions, or has a sexuality. Perhaps her personality will develop depending on how Kana interacts with her?
Yeah, she will start as merely fulfilling her duty at first, as their relationship grows she will learn all kind of emotion. She also has sexuality, If you ask why ... well .. for now let's just say that Kana's dad (the creator) is a pervert ^^; (until I find a better reason ... If I ever find any lol)
gekiganwing wrote:If you want to include bath / hot spring scenes with two people who are *friends,* then I figure that might get at most an "R" movie rating or a "Mature" video game rating.
Ah, I see. The story is still developing so I can't tell how far they will take their relationship

mmm ... I'm not specifically asking for this game, but where "R" rating belongs too? in general or hentai section?

nyaatrap
Crawling Chaos

#8 Post by nyaatrap »

Oh, please don't add male heroines if they have no meaning in the story. You'll get some general audience, but you'll lose some yuri fans (like me).
The story and the drawing are good enough and I'm looking forward this game, but I'm afraid of the stats system. They're usually distract the tempo of the game and I personally hate that. Something like "click, click and click then click and go to see the the result with click" UI is... blah ('A`).

mmm ... I'm not specifically asking for this game, but where "R" rating belongs too? in general or hentai section?
It should belong to the general section. This forum may be regulated in the US law, but I don't know their laws so I'm not sure.

EroBotan
Veteran

#9 Post by EroBotan »

haha, ok ok. I won't add dateable boys XD. I'm trying to keep the main cast as small as possible anyway to lighten my workload

mmm ... about the stat system, I actually seen it in a couple of games and it actually work well. The stat system in my game is pretty simple, so hopefully it doesnt distract your experience much. It work like this:

Alice ask about your schedule for today:
1. Research (it gives you research points which you can use to improve Ciel System's stats and skills)
2. Attack ( raid a dungeon )
3. Talk with Alice (improve relationship)

keep in mind that this happen in VN style dialog, so no additional windows/button to click. I think that 'Research' is important since Kana is a scientist. I'm trying to avoid Gandalf Syndrome (Gandalf is a powerful mage they said, but all he did is bashing orc's head with his staff and sword ... he's more like a barbarian instead of a mage i think XD). Since Kana is a scientist, I want her to still act like scientist by doing research on her Ciel System. Her scientist title will be a waste if all she did is fighting.

What do you think? I'm still brainstorming the gameplay so it's not final yet and I welcome suggestion. I have other ideas that I want to incorporate into the game but I'm not sure yet ... like you can create a vehicle with "Research points". It will be amazing if Kana can summon a mechanical dragon/phoenix, motorcycle, drill tank, etc XD! It's not my priority though .. I need to finish all the basic stuff before adding more feature ^^;

nyaatrap
Crawling Chaos

#10 Post by nyaatrap »

Ah that's cool :D Stats for graphical objects like summonable things you mentioned, or costumes, weapons are good. Complains I have to stats raging is when they are used for event flags. A creator say "hey, it's awesome. this game has 100 stats and you can choose 10 actions!" but the reality is nothing more than simple branch choices, that's not a strong point.

EroBotan
Veteran

#11 Post by EroBotan »

nyaatrap wrote:Ah that's cool :D Stats for graphical objects like summonable things you mentioned, or costumes, weapons are good. Complains I have to stats raging is when they are used for event flags. A creator say "hey, it's awesome. this game has 100 stats and you can choose 10 actions!" but the reality is nothing more than simple branch choices, that's not a strong point.
hehe, glad you like it then ^^. I changed the stat's description in the first post, hope it won't cause understanding now (now I know that I shouldn't type anything at 4 am XD ).

Here is a gif of Kana's battle stance. Let me know what you guys think :D !

Funnyguts
Veteran

Re: Galactical Maiden Ciel - Ginga no Shoujo Ciel [Yuri, RPG

#12 Post by Funnyguts »

She's cute, but she looks more scared than ready to fight. Is that intentional?

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#13 Post by clua »

EroBotan wrote:
nyaatrap wrote:Ah that's cool :D Stats for graphical objects like summonable things you mentioned, or costumes, weapons are good. Complains I have to stats raging is when they are used for event flags. A creator say "hey, it's awesome. this game has 100 stats and you can choose 10 actions!" but the reality is nothing more than simple branch choices, that's not a strong point.
hehe, glad you like it then ^^. I changed the stat's description in the first post, hope it won't cause understanding now (now I know that I shouldn't type anything at 4 am XD ).

Here is a gif of Kana's battle stance. Let me know what you guys think :D !
Wow soo cute ºqº...I like her idle animation, as funnyguts says, she looks kind of scared but I guess its because she is like that? Insecure maybe?
I think the part of the socks should move a little(the purple part) Right now it looks a little bit hard without them moving too-
The back hair has an abrupt change between keyframes also.

Anyway It looks awesome!!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

EroBotan
Veteran

Re: Galactical Maiden Ciel - Ginga no Shoujo Ciel [Yuri, RPG

#14 Post by EroBotan »

Funnyguts wrote:She's cute, but she looks more scared than ready to fight. Is that intentional?
Yeah, it's intentional since she has low confidence and stuff. So I think it will be more realistic if she doesn't look too badass ^^;. What do you think?

I'll try to make Alice as badass as possible though :P
clua wrote:I think the part of the socks should move a little(the purple part) Right now it looks a little bit hard without them moving too-
When I working on these sprites I suddenly got lazy and decided to not animate those purple part ... and hope that no one will notice. Guess that's fails horribly XD
clua wrote:The back hair has an abrupt change between keyframes also.
Wooah! I didn't notice that, big thanks for letting me know!!

EroBotan
Veteran

Re: Galactical Maiden Ciel - Ginga no Shoujo Ciel [Yuri,VN,R

#15 Post by EroBotan »

I edited the first post and add some new stuff
1. The main screen (that one screen when you choose 'start', 'load', 'exit', etc) is up
2. Character designs are edited, mainly make their head smaller and some small fix

Let me know if you have critics, suggestions and stuff :D

@Clua: I already fixed the hair and purple armor, I'll upload them when I have the battle background finished. Because having a plain green background is just boring ^^