New game in the making

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#16 Post by PyTom »

monele wrote:Haven't finished it yet but I like it so far ^^. I just wanted to report that it crashed on me twice. Windows crash :/ So I don't have any log.
PyTom, is there anything I can do to help find out what's causing this?
Well, the only thing would be to see if windows dumped some sort of event lock somewhere. I don't know what could cause this.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#17 Post by mikey »

Great, great work. Nothing more to say. Very nice, compact, cute, thoughtful, mystical, philosophical, all the thought without the depression. Congratulations and I hope you'll make it an official release soon.

Nafai
Veteran
Projects: Elect: Ascendance

#18 Post by Nafai »

Nice job overall. :) Tight concept - like a good short story, had an economy of elements which all drove towards one goal.

Some typos/grammar quibbles:
lampposts
tries to avoid that kind of people (should be 'person')
verbose skills (should be 'verbal' - or just use 'verbosity')

Also, Victoria's first conversation seemed a bit too... formal? Stilted? I don't know if that was intentional, but if not, making her use more contractions would ease the flow.

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#19 Post by F.I.A »

I have to agree with others. And very nice concept indeed(At least beat the one I am brewing now.).
And Higgins as in Professor Higgins in My fair lady. But instead of not loving his masterpiece, Andrew ends up loving her and does not want total control over her.

Well, there is not actually a Nemesis' ending, since one is "perserve her" and the other is "create another artist". Perhaps a bad ending is on the way?

Also, in the "set her free" route, there is no split(Say "...") between Andrew's confession and Liza's latest obession. There is only a change of bgm, but it was a little confusing to think that the scenario continues on when it should split.
I shall wait for the complete version.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Mr. E
Regular

#20 Post by Mr. E »

Thank you for all the comments and suggestions. I've already implemented most of them and, since no artist seems to be available, I will release the game with my own art, although I'll try to do a good job... :? I think that I will be ready to release the full version at around the 16th or 17th of January. Maybe I'll even put an Omake, but I won't promise anything...

Counter Arts:
Fixed the text pauses, I'll hope they're more readable now. Don't worry about the title screen, I've already done it (although I think that you would probably do a much better job than me...) but thanks the offer.

PyTom:
Thanks for the detailed review. Everything's corrected (exept the art...)

DaFool:
I know my recording environment's horrible, but I don't have the equipment or the money to buy it... The big problem with the artwork is my inking skills (or the lack of them), but I'll definitively brush up on them if I have to do the artwork for the next game...

monele:

That was exactly what I was aiming at! I'm glad my story was not a complete failure then. I will cut most of the pauses off to speed up the game and not confuse a lot of people, hopefully that will make the other pauses more significant.

mikey:

Thanks for all the incentive! *Basks in the glow of self-pride* The mood of most of my works varies a lot from heavy dark tragedies to light hearted stories, but I always try to make it a bit mixed. After all, life's not all sweet or all sour, right?

Nafai:

All of my works are short. I guess I don't know how to make a long story. Most of my stories resemble a bunch of snapshots, small photographs capturing one bit of the main story. Oh well... And thanks for the corrections, but "lampposts" really spells that way! (I checked in the dictionary, twice. Strange, huh?)

F.I.A

Don't put yourself down! There's no such thing as a "better concept", it's like trying to compare a banana with an orange and say which one of the two is the best... But thanks for the praise and I wish you luck with your game. And I'm glad someone noticed one of my "easter eggs". I actually put many, many references in my game. Pay close atention to the names of the characters and to the credits in the final version...