Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Arcanum
Veteran

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy][Commercial

#91 Post by Arcanum »

Yay for doctor Nicholas. Serious, dark-haired and GLASSES?! Omg. All my dreams came true <3
I'm definitely going to hint stuff though that the players can interpret in any way they want to... yay for that? Hahaha.
As if I needed another reason to be the first in line to buy this when it comes out, you say this as well?! I understand how it's gotta be hard when it's a school project... But I hope you still think of making games when this is done, and your next game is free of those ties. *g*

Artemis Gale
Projects: None...yet

#92 Post by Artemis Gale »

For some reason I think I would go after Sol first.
I love dark hair and light eyes and Nicholas used to be one of my favorite names and even though I just love, love, love ginger hair something about a guy with horrible fashion sense just appeals to me.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#93 Post by try10 »

The art is stunning and the guys are very good looking. I'm so waiting for this to come out! XD

Nische
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

#94 Post by Nische »

Arcanum wrote:Yay for doctor Nicholas. Serious, dark-haired and GLASSES?! Omg. All my dreams came true <3
I'm definitely going to hint stuff though that the players can interpret in any way they want to... yay for that? Hahaha.
As if I needed another reason to be the first in line to buy this when it comes out, you say this as well?! I understand how it's gotta be hard when it's a school project... But I hope you still think of making games when this is done, and your next game is free of those ties. *g*
Hahahahaha!
I will most definitely be making more games in the future. One of them will be Yaoi, there is no doubt about that. The only thing I'm questioning is whether I should make it kid friendly or not, afufufu. *v*

Artemis Gale wrote: For some reason I think I would go after Sol first.
I love dark hair and light eyes and Nicholas used to be one of my favorite names and even though I just love, love, love ginger hair something about a guy with horrible fashion sense just appeals to me.
Hahaha! You have the absolute best reason for going after Sol, I swear.
Thank you! xD

try10 wrote: The art is stunning and the guys are very good looking. I'm so waiting for this to come out! XD
Aw, thank you very much! *A*
I'll try to have it done as soon as possible. :'D
ImageImageImageImage

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#95 Post by jack_norton »

So you still have to finish this by end of July? is crazy what you're doing :D good luck!
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#96 Post by Deji »

This is *pure* eye candy and I love it <3
I seriously like your choice of colors and all the graphic design work done on the GUI!!
The art looks super lovely <3
I'm eager to see an event CG sample *___*

I'm looking forward to this!! :D
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Nische
Regular

#97 Post by Nische »

jack_norton wrote:So you still have to finish this by end of July? is crazy what you're doing :D good luck!
Oh, no. Luckily, my school's not crazy enough to expect that much from me. *_*
I need to have my project endorsed and to do that I need to have a prototype of the game available.

Since my game was classified as a hypernarrative, I only need to make the game up to the point where you make choices.
So only the intro is due on Aug 1. >_<

No CG yet though. Just sprites and BG but I'm going to make the BG really rushed and ugly for my presentation and just fix it once the game's going the be released.

The whole game won't need to be completed till the end of next term which is either December or January. *A*
Deji wrote: This is *pure* eye candy and I love it <3
I seriously like your choice of colors and all the graphic design work done on the GUI!!
The art looks super lovely <3
I'm eager to see an event CG sample *___*

I'm looking forward to this!! :D
Gah, I've been a fan of your art since I saw it years ago.
To have you say you like my art is an incredible honor, haha. *A*
Thank you so very much! xD
ImageImageImageImage

selenity136
Regular

#98 Post by selenity136 »

This game has potential =D.

Like others stated, Nicholas reminds me so much of Trent from Harvest Moon! Personality is kinda the same as well ^^".

What's the expected game length of the game and how much would the price be for the game? When's the anticipated release date (if you have one)?

Nische
Regular

#99 Post by Nische »

selenity136 wrote:This game has potential =D.
Thank you very much! :'D
selenity136 wrote:Like others stated, Nicholas reminds me so much of Trent from Harvest Moon! Personality is kinda the same as well ^^".
I haven't played the game so I can't say how close their personalities or stories are. If they're that similar then it kind of makes me worry. :/
Do you think I should change Nicholas' look? I can't change his personality or story because it's already been finalized.
selenity136 wrote:What's the expected game length of the game and how much would the price be for the game? When's the anticipated release date (if you have one)?
What do you mean by game length?
The actual game lasts for 4 in game seasons/months so that's a total of 120 days.

As for how long would it take for someone to finish the game, then I'd say roughly 3~5 hours if they don't skip anything? It's pretty heavy with writing so there's a lot of reading involved.

I'm thinking of keeping it at $15 right now since I'm doing all the work so far. The musician who's helping me offered to do the music for free too so that's great. Depending on how much I spend on voice acting and possibly background art, I might have to raise the price just to break even. :/
For now, I don't think the price will go above $15.

The actual release date is still undecided. I'm hoping some time around December to January. School's keeping me pretty busy though and I can barely find time to work on this so there is a chance that I'll have to push back the release date. I can safely say that May would be the absolute worst case scenario deadline. So if all things don't turn sour, then the game should be ready before May.

I am planning on putting out a demo by either the end of August or September. It will play for one season/month though, just long enough so the players can get a feel of the game and possibly give me some tips to help improve.
ImageImageImageImage

Nische
Regular

#100 Post by Nische »

Jumping between scripting and drawing.
I wonder if this is an efficient way to work...

Here's another non-datable character. She's a nurse at Nicholas' clinic.
ImageImageImageImage

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#101 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Oh please don't change Nicolas' look. I love him just the way he is. Unless of course he wore his glasses all the time. But seriously, I'm fan-girling all over him, I don't want him to change.

I mean in all honesty if you roll over to my thread...I have a character with really dark brown hair, blue eyes and glasses too. I don't plan on changing him because he is a bit similar to Nicolas. They can both exist and be hot in their own universes. :D
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

Nische
Regular

#102 Post by Nische »

FatUnicornGames wrote:Oh please don't change Nicolas' look. I love him just the way he is. Unless of course he wore his glasses all the time. But seriously, I'm fan-girling all over him, I don't want him to change.

I mean in all honesty if you roll over to my thread...I have a character with really dark brown hair, blue eyes and glasses too. I don't plan on changing him because he is a bit similar to Nicolas. They can both exist and be hot in their own universes. :D
Thank you very much! *A*

I feel bad for not checking out your game until now but...
OMG, your game's looking FANTASTIC!
I absolutely love the art style! All the characters looks so distinct and just overflowing with personality, hahaha.
ImageImageImageImage

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#103 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Nische wrote:Here's another non-datable character. She's a nurse at Nicholas' clinic.
...*sob* ; - ;

She's so cute though... hnngh. You're really good at drawing, man.

Nische
Regular

#104 Post by Nische »

I'm desperately trying to make Sol hotter.
It's nice that people think Nicholas is hot and all but I feel bad for Sol. He's a model yet a doctor is more attractive than him, ahahaha.

Anyway, here's my quick attempt at making Sol more attractive. I'm not sure if it worked, I've never been good at drawing abs. I should definitely look for topless guys for... uhm... reference, ahohoho.

EDIT:
Ugh... his head looks big now that I look at it. Lemme fix that...
Last edited by Nische on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#105 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Nische wrote:Thank you very much! *A*

I feel bad for not checking out your game until now but...
OMG, your game's looking FANTASTIC!
I absolutely love the art style! All the characters looks so distinct and just overflowing with personality, hahaha.
Thanks so much! We are pretty early on in the process but I am super excited about it. I am really liking what I've been seeing here too. :D I actually talked to my artist about doing the coloring on my heroine's hair kind of like the way you did the hair on yours. ;D

About Sol - I definitely think the sketch you did is an improvement. I think you leveled up your "hot guy" art style quite honestly.
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-