Long Live The Queen (sim, commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Long Live The Queen (sim, commercial)

#31 Post by papillon »

I laugh everytime the word Lumen is mentioned, for some weird reason I am not sure of.
They all want to be you!

EroBotan
Veteran

#32 Post by EroBotan »

just curious, any chance on putting chibis every time we execute our classes?

It will be nice if we can get chibis for every classes but if can't, then one chibi for each category will do

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#33 Post by azureXtwilight »

This is probably one of my favorite hanakogames ever, it was very intriguing to discover how your stats will actually change your story and how some options will be possible. I love the fact that everything is actually realistic, because that's the least I expect when I see the main menu when I first played XD Loving the costume change and loving how one early decision can actually impact you long-term.

Costume change is awesome, though I wish the others' expression change as well since they seem to be like ._. all the time.
BRB loling to the way you can actually win Togami over with love and friendship and music. Got the ending, and it was... hilarious. Sorry! XDD

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#34 Post by papillon »

It will be nice if we can get chibis for every classes but if can't, then one chibi for each category will do
It's not impossible, but at the moment my next priority is to try and get the death chibis, as to me that adds more. There are already outfits to unlock for each class category... if you got chibis in those outfits when you took classes it would sort of spoil the reveal of the outfit unlock.

Anyway, I'll think about it, but it's not top of the list atm.

Tetiel
Regular
Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)

#35 Post by Tetiel »

I just finished playing the demo and it is soooooooo fun <3 I only played through once, but I do really enjoy the gameplay trying to take advantage of the stat bonuses. I'll probably eventually write down the type of stats that I actually need in order to pass checks, but I think that'll wait until I actually get through once (or die, whatever). I am in love with the princess maker series and I'm sure I'll be in love with yours, too, once I get around to purchasing it.

The art is lovely. I think that goes without saying that it's right up my alley, too, and I watched her on deviantart as a result. I mean the way she draws eyes is so freaking cute!! I also was very happy with the music. It was well done and honestly, I'd probably listen to the background music while working. It's beautiful without being distracting. Anyways, I loved it so far and your entire team should be proud of their work. Wonderful job :)

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#36 Post by Obscura »

Playing the demo right now. Love the music--I normally shut the music off in VNs but the piano is nice and not intrusive.

Pretty adorable game so far and a lot of fun! Like the degrees of complexity presented.

I know it's a long shot but praying that you'll think of putting this on iOS one day. It is the PERFECT game to be playing on an iphone or ipad, seriously. :wink:
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

EroBotan
Veteran

#37 Post by EroBotan »

papillon wrote:

It's not impossible, but at the moment my next priority is to try and get the death chibis, as to me that adds more. There are already outfits to unlock for each class category... if you got chibis in those outfits when you took classes it would sort of spoil the reveal of the outfit unlock.

Anyway, I'll think about it, but it's not top of the list atm.
ok thanks. Oh, and I think you don't have to worry about the chibi's outfits spoiling the outfit unlock. The daughters in Princessmaker series always wear their default outfits in all of their classes, you can do the same. It's up to you though ^^

Miyuki
Regular
Completed: Culina: The Spirit of Cooking
Organization: TangerineTriangle

#38 Post by Miyuki »

Out of curiosity (and sorry if I offend) but is there a discount code active for this game right now? I don't mind paying the full price, but when I bought Magical Diary I paid full price and then found the discount code on the hanakogames forum like, a day later and felt like an idiot paying full price.

So this time I figured I'd be better off asking. I hope that this makes sense and that it doesn't offend you. I just don't want to miss out on a sale if there is one.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#39 Post by papillon »

Don't worry, it's not a problem. :)

There isn't a currently active discount scheme for this game, nothing organised like with Magical Diary and Date Warp. I will at some point be doing a forum contest for a free giveaway but I haven't made firm plans for that yet.

If you're looking for a discount, though, and especially if you missed out on the other offer, I'm generally happy to give discounts for fanart even when I haven't announced any special offers. :)

Miyuki
Regular
Completed: Culina: The Spirit of Cooking
Organization: TangerineTriangle

#40 Post by Miyuki »

papillon wrote:Don't worry, it's not a problem. :)

There isn't a currently active discount scheme for this game, nothing organised like with Magical Diary and Date Warp. I will at some point be doing a forum contest for a free giveaway but I haven't made firm plans for that yet.

If you're looking for a discount, though, and especially if you missed out on the other offer, I'm generally happy to give discounts for fanart even when I haven't announced any special offers. :)
I'm happy to hear that. I'm not amazing by any means, but I might draw something for you this week or the next :]

Genesislove
Regular

#41 Post by Genesislove »

I tried the demo and loved it. I think I'll buy it soon.

ixWishing
Veteran

#42 Post by ixWishing »

asdfghjkl.
So I had the game sitting on my desktop for like ages!
I played up to the part of the ball, where she has to dance with someone.

I always end up failing / partially succeeding the events @_@
Its so confusing to me, tbh LOL

Will there be any walkthrough, or hints of any sorts to get certain endings?
I haven't played to long enough though, to be sure.
Last edited by ixWishing on Mon May 13, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Everlasting Dreams ;

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#43 Post by papillon »

The game is really too complicated for a 'walkthrough' because there are so many branch points and variations. There are a couple of complete playthroughs online that will get you to the coronation but that will still end up missing most of the game.

The best way through is to take notes on what happens when, and plan out what skills you want to raise before a certain date. Especially if there's a skill check you REALLY want to pass (like one that gets you killed if you don't!) There's a fan-made wiki that has some starting notes on the different events (but it's missing a LOT of them) and individual threads on my forum for strategies about getting past specific individual challenges.

If you raise lots of different skills at random Elodie will almost certainly meet a painful doom. It's better to come up with a plan of the kind of Queen you want to make and stick by that. It's not possible to pass every check, but if you are really good at some things you can compensate for not being so good at others.

spooky

#44 Post by spooky »

Played the demo the other day and as expected, I really liked it. Was trying to save money but screw it I'm caving. I'm just about to buy it now. :3

GreyLadyHelenaR
Regular

#45 Post by GreyLadyHelenaR »

Hijiri wrote:I have to say, while I'm not exactly fond of stat rasing sims, I actually enjoyed the demo for the game. Now if only I had more money...
My thoughts exactly. :cry: I'll have to wait until Christmas (because thankfully my family thinks buying presents for Christmas is a waste of time, so they always give me money) to buy the game. Wait for me, Elodie!