Zzombie Infestation 1

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Aaron1981

Zzombie Infestation 1

#1 Post by Aaron1981 »

Zzombie infestation 1 has been released. It's my very first visual novel created. I am by no means an expert LOL. But here it is:
http://games.renpy.org/game/Zzombie_Infestation1.shtml

or : http://www.mediafire.com/?vp52xt6jenmch

versions for windows, mac, and linux are in that mediafire folder.

I like writing. And thought I'd share it.

Zzombie Infestation 2 is currently being written.

Anyhow, Hope you all enjoy it.

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Re: Zzombie Infestation 1

#2 Post by Michiyo6918 »

So I gave your game a try and it wasn't that bad I would say.

Usually I don't like anything that relate to Zombie (Zombie movie, zombie picture, zombie game) because they're really really really really ugly and scare the crap out of me... (I'm more of a bishounen-bishoujo person...) After downloaded your game I had to go into the game folder to check if there was any zombie picture in there and thankfully there was none.

Although there's no sprite, little background (And they're off size too... next time you should resize your BG probably), no CG but it was still acceptable (to me) since there were a lot of choice along the play. And I can see that you're more of a writing person than graphic :lol:
(I think I got the good ending on my first play where they safely got out of the city and live happily in a forest :) )
Good work and congratulate on releasing your first VN!
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

Aaron1981

#3 Post by Aaron1981 »

Howdy Michiyo6918,

Thank you very much for your reply! And indeed, thank you so much for saying you like it!!!
Last edited by Aaron1981 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michiyo6918
Veteran

#4 Post by Michiyo6918 »

If you're wondering how to resize the BG directly in Ren'py then try this code out:

Code: Select all

image nameofthebg:
        size (860, 600)
        "nameofthebg.jpg"
This would automatically resize your BG to 860 x 600 (depend on your game's resolution)

I'm looking forward to your next game, keep up the good work! :D
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

Ordog
Regular

#5 Post by Ordog »

I tried your game yesterday and I really liked it !! I'll be waiting for chapter 2.
Everything was perfect in your game (Just if you had put more pictures, like when you go to the grocery).
I'm not a big fan of zombies and all, but I talked my little brother into trying it, and he managed the game in one try. The only things he said he didn't like are:
-The music which was too repetitive, he said you should put a longer one, (But that didn't bother me, since the game wasn't that long). We both found it fitted the game very well.
-The background image which wasn't cut well: The red background around the picture is ugly, and next time you take things from googlemap, cut it more precisely. (Those are details)
-And of course... Good games are always too short ! ;)
I've to add that my little bro' is 12 years old, a big fan of zombies related things, is really picky with everything that has to do with them, and isn't usually interested in VN. Even though the game was in English, he played it, understood your style, and liked it.

So, in fact, we'll be two to wait for a sequel ^^"

Oh ! One more thing: I tried your game too of course, and died lot of time (though sometimes it was only because I wanted to see what would happen. I think you should put harder choices (For the people like my brother), or something like if you decide to pass by the kitchen before going out you'd have a knife or something you'd use later instead of dying. And more good endings, like surviving with your wife, without her, with neighbours and all. (And the true one, which will be in the next chapter...)But once again it's only details, I'd play your other games, even without that.

Aaron1981

#6 Post by Aaron1981 »

Howdy Michiyo6918 and Ordog,

Thank you both very much for your reply! I absolutely do appreciate them!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES!!! AND DOWNLOADING/ PLAYING/READING/ENJOYING "Zzombie Infestation 1" !!!!

Take care,

Aaron
Last edited by Aaron1981 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

TakeOverWorld
Regular

#7 Post by TakeOverWorld »

I know this has been mentioned before, but the background was, well if you choose to use a picture from Google Maps, you could at least not have the navigation thingy in the picture. Also it was a bit weird being told I was driving on the motorway, and still having the house as a background.
The story was alright, and I thought it was great that if you decided to be a coward and run leaving your wife,
you basically die.
Some of the choices were a little easy though, like the beginning one.

Michiyo6918
Veteran

#8 Post by Michiyo6918 »

Thank you, Michiyo6918, I definitly did not know about how to place it in code. I will definitly try that (once I have drawn up some pictures for the next story). Though I do have one question for you, which is: would I place that code in the script? or another tab? and if it is the script, is it directly after the label line?
You put it in the same place where you define the other image. In the begining of the script.rpy there's this line:

Code: Select all

# Declare images below this line, using the image statement.
   image nameofthebg:
        size (860, 600)
        "nameofthebg.jpg"
That's where you put the code in :)
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

Aaron1981

#9 Post by Aaron1981 »

Like I said, I just made the first one, just to see if I could make visual novel. And wanted to get my idea's written down. Then thought I'd share it.

I'm more of a writer than anything else , currently.

I'm glad you tried the game!

Dangertyde
Regular
Projects: Anatidae

#10 Post by Dangertyde »

The download link isn't working, sadly.
This looks really interesting, though!
Just gonna strategically place this over here...
Quack!
/CRASH
/hobbles away

El Presidente
Regular

#11 Post by El Presidente »

Yes looks interesting, but "folder not found" :(