Stop! In the Name of Love! [Comedy] [Worst VN Ever]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ionait
Regular
Organization: Chu! Bam! Pow!

Re: Stop! In the Name of Love! [Comedy] [Worst VN Ever]

#16 Post by Ionait »

Dim Sum wrote:Not sarcastic. I'm not really 100% sure cause I swear I remember there being only one file and the game works for Linux.
Does it? Haha, that's good news! I didn't release the Linux version just because I thought it wouldn't get downloaded. But if someone needs the Linux version, I'll release it!

KyNthePuppetMaster
Projects: Falling Insane Visual Novel
Organization: Kimono Pelican Entertainment

#17 Post by KyNthePuppetMaster »

Ionait wrote:
KyNthePuppetMaster wrote:Okay so I click the link and up pops 2 different download links. Which one is the link to the game?
There is a Mac version and a Windows version, so it depends on your operating system. If you have Windows, pick the one called SINTNOL-Win32. If you use a Mac, pick the one called SINTNOL-Mac.

Hope that helps!
Thanks! That does help. I'm a total beginner on visual novel coding. So I figured playing some games that others have made would help me figure out how to code properly (and not get any errors...XD)

Ionait
Regular

#18 Post by Ionait »

KyNthePuppetMaster wrote:
Ionait wrote:
KyNthePuppetMaster wrote:Okay so I click the link and up pops 2 different download links. Which one is the link to the game?
There is a Mac version and a Windows version, so it depends on your operating system. If you have Windows, pick the one called SINTNOL-Win32. If you use a Mac, pick the one called SINTNOL-Mac.

Hope that helps!
Thanks! That does help. I'm a total beginner on visual novel coding. So I figured playing some games that others have made would help me figure out how to code properly (and not get any errors...XD)
Well, this is my first VN so it's by no means perfect. I couldn't get some things to work so I used workarounds. xD As mentioned before, I didn't pack it properly at all, so you can dive into all of the code and script and all if you're curious about the game's "guts."

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#19 Post by tiya_nofurita »

May I ask you again ? How did you change your game's icon ? I couldn't find the syntax : config.window_icon anywhere on your script
Thank you :)
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Ionait
Regular

#20 Post by Ionait »

I just put a file in the correct folder that was called icon.ico. I forget if that goes in the game folder or the folder above that one.. Need to look that up.

Miyuki
Regular
Completed: Culina: The Spirit of Cooking
Organization: TangerineTriangle

#21 Post by Miyuki »

I just finished playing this!

It's hilarious. You did a great job! The music was perfect for the tone. I wasn't familiar with one of the references, but I could get the gist of it.

Ionait
Regular

#22 Post by Ionait »

Miyuki wrote:I just finished playing this!

It's hilarious. You did a great job! The music was perfect for the tone. I wasn't familiar with one of the references, but I could get the gist of it.
Oh, was it the
Fifty Shades
reference? I'm finding a lot of people get that ending first because in the first set of choices, it is kind of the least offensive? I mean, all three choices actually mean the same thing haha but people choose that one first.

Miyuki
Regular
Completed: Culina: The Spirit of Cooking
Organization: TangerineTriangle

#23 Post by Miyuki »

Ionait wrote:

Oh, was it the
Fifty Shades
reference? I'm finding a lot of people get that ending first because in the first set of choices, it is kind of the least offensive? I mean, all three choices actually mean the same thing haha but people choose that one first.
Yup! Though getting that ending first helped me appreciate the other endings more.

Ionait
Regular

#24 Post by Ionait »

Miyuki wrote:
Ionait wrote:

Oh, was it the
Fifty Shades
Yup! Though getting that ending first helped me appreciate the other endings more.
I'm glad! When I heard that people were getting that ending first, I started to be afraid that they wouldn't play again, thinking all of the paths were that short and somewhat useless. I'm glad you kept playing to see the other endings!