Coming Out On Top (BxB, Dating, Comedy) (News 11/15)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KashyaCharsi
Regular

Re: Coming Out On Top (BxB, Dating, Comedy) - MINOR UPDATE 8

#121 Post by KashyaCharsi »

Me too. That's why I would like to take Dorian's place. And because of the adorable Ben Chaplin :wink:

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#122 Post by Obscura »

7/6/2012
Update...part 1 liveplay from Cheerymoya. I wish all VNs came with her commentary.

http://obscurasoft.tumblr.com/post/2885 ... top-part-1
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

elephantbuns

Re: Coming Out On Top (BxB, Dating, Comedy) - UPDATED 7-25

#123 Post by elephantbuns »

Obscura wrote: Hope you enjoy it, elephantbuns.
And now I'm thinking about...elephant buns.
I finally got the chance to play! \o/ And let me just say... I loved it!
I kept losing at first because I couldn't resist the opportunity to check out Alex's ass, which I thought was pretty great. xD The whole game kinda had a whole J2 AU thing going on (at least in my head, which is totally a compliment!) and I loved the Mark/Alex pairing.

I also got a bit of a jealousy vibe from Mark's best friend, though that may have been jealousy of the entirely platonic kind. It made me wonder if you had an alternate route in mind for them, perhaps? I think that could be pretty fun to play through. Mark/Alex was so cute and hot though, they're totally my OTP. It was seriously hard for me to resist just letting Mark pounce on him and go at it.

And the third ending? Yeah, I just about exploded from glee.
And great, now is the time I realize my username looks like it is referring to an elephant's butt. Unless you were also thinking of pastries? Same difference. xD

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Coming Out On Top (BxB, Dating, Comedy) - UPDATED 7-25

#124 Post by Obscura »

elephantbuns wrote:
Obscura wrote: Hope you enjoy it, elephantbuns.
And now I'm thinking about...elephant buns.
I finally got the chance to play! \o/ And let me just say... I loved it!
I kept losing at first because I couldn't resist the opportunity to check out Alex's ass, which I thought was pretty great. xD The whole game kinda had a whole J2 AU thing going on (at least in my head, which is totally a compliment!) and I loved the Mark/Alex pairing.

I also got a bit of a jealousy vibe from Mark's best friend, though that may have been jealousy of the entirely platonic kind. It made me wonder if you had an alternate route in mind for them, perhaps? I think that could be pretty fun to play through. Mark/Alex was so cute and hot though, they're totally my OTP. It was seriously hard for me to resist just letting Mark pounce on him and go at it.

And the third ending? Yeah, I just about exploded from glee.
And great, now is the time I realize my username looks like it is referring to an elephant's butt. Unless you were also thinking of pastries? Same difference. xD
Teehee, your reason for losing cracked me up. Thanks so much for checking out the game. I'm so stoked you loved it. The longer game (called Coming Out On Top: Uncut) will have an Ian storyline and three more guys. I think you'll find it worth it just to play Ian's storyline...it's gonna have lots and lots of drama. Muhaha.

I don't know what the pastries look like, but elephant buns are kinda like...flaps, aren't they? Now I gotta go google search...let's hope I don't run into anything I'm gonna lose my lunch over...
website

koneko

#125 Post by koneko »

Aaaah I was wondering if Ian was going to get a storyline, he is kinda awesome, even if I will always prefer Mark heh.
But it's actually fun I am now as excited for this game to be done as I am for the big games like Loren the expansion and so on, it has really hooked me.
Probably because of the tension, the drama and the adorable humor that makes you really love the characters.
I have one question, now that you are going to introduce more boys, are you then going to introduce more side characters to go along with them?
Uh and another one, are you going to remove Alex's three paths and only keep the kiss path, since I doubt you are going to make three paths for three more guys.

That reminds me, I just figured out why I love this game so much, it has all the drama you have mentioned, and the despair of young people growing up, but above it all is that sense of security created by your friends and family, that it will all be all right in the end.
Which reminds me, we never once hear about Mark's family, like a text from his mom or something like that, I am just curious about that, I mean most young adults when they are out getting an education, while they don't see them all the time they do at least hear from them.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran

#126 Post by Obscura »

@koneko

Awww, thank you so much. Reading feedback like yours is really one of the best feelings I've ever had in my life. No joke. Nothing compares to someone loving something you made for them. Nothing!!!! :-)
I have one question, now that you are going to introduce more boys, are you then going to introduce more side characters to go along with them?
Yes, whatever the story requires. There will probably be a few more folk...
Uh and another one, are you going to remove Alex's three paths and only keep the kiss path, since I doubt you are going to make three paths for three more guys.
I won't be removing any of Alex's paths, and if I change anything it will be to make them more fleshed out and detailed. Each of the guys will have at least two endings...and probably a third, but won't know for sure until I'm almost done writing. So I guess that's ten endings including Alex...my head is already spinning. :lol:
That reminds me, I just figured out why I love this game so much, it has all the drama you have mentioned, and the despair of young people growing up, but above it all is that sense of security created by your friends and family, that it will all be all right in the end.
Which reminds me, we never once hear about Mark's family, like a text from his mom or something like that, I am just curious about that, I mean most young adults when they are out getting an education, while they don't see them all the time they do at least hear from them.
Aw, you're too kind with your praise, but thank you. :lol: Yes, Mark's family life was totally eliminated from version 1.0 because I wasn't quite sure how to implement it. One of the problems is that, if I talk about Mark's family, I worry the player may no longer feel as connected with Mark, if that makes sense. If I talk about Mark's dad, players might begin to think about their own father and lessen the feeling of being immersed in the game...does that make sense?

But I could be wrong about that. It's actually a really interesting issue I'm going to have to ponder for a bit. Thanks for bringing it up. It sounds like you'd feel it would be more realistic to get some communication with his family, right?
website

koneko

#127 Post by koneko »

I would feel it to be more realistic if it was brought up yet, but maybe do it in a you know discrete way.
Like Mark rexeiving a text from his mother about. " How they all support him, and love him no matter what, and dad is doing great he told me to say hello, they had a great vacation, and they send something that should be arriving soon." And maybe a sweater or something..or a tacky christmas card that Ian would make fun of or something.
I mean everyone has tried that, and it doesn't make one feel less in character with Mark, but rather it gives the sense of warmth and love that most of us experience from the family.

It could maybe lead to a few notes about how Mark wish he could share his problems with his family, but doesn't feel they are ready to it yet or something like that, I mean we all know the feeling of not being able to share personal stuff with our parents.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran

#128 Post by Obscura »

koneko wrote:I would feel it to be more realistic if it was brought up yet, but maybe do it in a you know discrete way.
Like Mark rexeiving a text from his mother about. " How they all support him, and love him no matter what, and dad is doing great he told me to say hello, they had a great vacation, and they send something that should be arriving soon." And maybe a sweater or something..or a tacky christmas card that Ian would make fun of or something.
I mean everyone has tried that, and it doesn't make one feel less in character with Mark, but rather it gives the sense of warmth and love that most of us experience from the family.

It could maybe lead to a few notes about how Mark wish he could share his problems with his family, but doesn't feel they are ready to it yet or something like that, I mean we all know the feeling of not being able to share personal stuff with our parents.
Thank Koneko, I like your ideas. They've inspired me. I'm gonna fiddle around with the family angle a bit, see what I can do.
:)
website

koneko

#129 Post by koneko »

Aaaaw thank you heh, I will be sure to leave new ideas if I get any XP, be prepared to be annoyed and stalking.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran

#130 Post by Obscura »

@koneko
Hehe. Stalking...he highest form of flattery...?

Anyways, for those of you interested, the work-in-progress thread for UNCUT is up. This is the long game, with five relationships total: Alex, Ian + three more dudes.

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16566
website

RenZero
Regular

#131 Post by RenZero »

BxB dating! O.O
It will be my frist BxB Lemma visual novel I play x33 Downloading!! It looks good!

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#132 Post by KashyaCharsi »

That's a pity it won't be freeware, but I can understand. By the way, kissing Alex in his office was very sensual.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran

#133 Post by Obscura »

@ RenZero
Thank you! :-) Hope you enjoy! Don't be shy about feedback, good or bad!!!

@ KashyaCharsi
Oh, there will be a lot of giveaway contests. Plus for somebody who took the trouble of putting up a TVtropes page - my games will always be free. :mrgreen:
website

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#134 Post by KashyaCharsi »

I hope so :mrgreen: I need my dose of homoeroticism 8)

koneko

#135 Post by koneko »

I am really not that bothered about it being commercial, I believe in that something that is good needs to be rewarded, and in a world as today, the best way we can reward you for such a wonderful game, beside great feedback and such, is though financial support, I believe that people such as you don't charge too much for these games, just enough so that you won't lose money on it, that your time spend on doing this is rewarded, and so that you maybe one day can make another game.

That aside I too can't wait for this game to be out, even if it will be first in a long time, if you ever need any help with anything be sure to advertise about it, I mean sure I can't draw...and I can't figure out how to program either...Okay I am useless..Here take my money *throws money at the screen*