Nemuri [GxB, GxG] - looking for a team

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Ishikatsu
Regular
Projects: Nemuri

Nemuri [GxB, GxG] - looking for a team

#1 Post by Ishikatsu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Hey, everyone! After a lot of thinking, I've decided to create my own visual novel. Sadly, I suck at everything even remotely close to drawing, so I am looking for an artist. Also, English isn't my first language, which means proofreader would probably come in handy, too. Anyone interested in helping me with story aspects would be nice, however getting artist and proofreader is my top priority right now.
As a poor student, I can't afford to pay you. Sorry, you have to stick with my eternal gratitude :D

And story?

Basically, it's pretty simple story about rivalry between two sisters. Well, it WOULD be simple story if those sisters weren't born into ninja clan in medieval Japan. Older of them, Iga no Sorami, is everything her clan wants her to be; responsible, obedient, cold and efficient. Younger Iga no Naraku doesn't match that definition by any means. As an illegitimate child of the village's leader, she's always been shunned (if not outright despised) by her peers for her descent and her fiery, sarcastic personality.
The twist comes when Sorami, always so perfect and dutiful, escapes from her village and becomes a criminal for no apparent reason.
Naraku is ordered to hunt her down and restore honor of their clan. She accepts her mission, satisfied about chance to finally destroy her hated sibling.

If you have any questions, you can send me pm or reply in this thread. Thank you in advance :)
Attachments
Nemuri_script.zip
Part of the script
(1.31 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Last edited by Ishikatsu on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Nemuri [GxB, GxG] - looking for a team

#2 Post by fleet » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:33 pm

I am not a moderator here.
I suggest that you read the posts that pertain to recruiting artists in this link.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=14462
All of my VNs are at http://wolflore.net NOTE: Downloads are now working.
Some are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Ishikatsu
Regular

#3 Post by Ishikatsu » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:09 pm

EDIT:

Posted part of my script in Attachments. I had to zip it since it's in rtf format; there have been some problems with my notebook lately, which means I can't use Word right now. If you have problems with this format, just tell me and I'll send you the script in pm or email.
This version of scene is probably just a draft and needs some correction; I put it here only so you can get to know my writing style.
What do you think about it?
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

Luminar
Regular

#4 Post by Luminar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:58 am

.... Reminds me of naruto... about Sasuke and Itachi... XD But, I'm quite interested in this :3 Hmm... I don't think my writing is that good, but maybe I could give you some ideas? If I could, I wouldn't mind being a writer too... Haha, but since English is not my mother language... so... ^^" But anyways... Since I'm a fan of ninjas XD I'm looking forward to see how the game would turn out during the end :P
'I would like to become the dark,
So that I may hide away and make everyone else shine.'

'You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about losing you.'

I'm afraid that I'll be a book that no one reads,
Music that no one listens to anymore,
I'm afraid I'll be abandoned like a movie playing in an empty theater

Ishikatsu
Regular

#5 Post by Ishikatsu » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:26 am

Ha, I assure you the story will be nothing like Naruto :D Altrough yeah, premise may seem similar. English isn't my first language either, so don't be too concerned about that. I'll send you general idea in the evening/tomorrow, I have some matters to attend to righ now :)

Luminar
Regular

#6 Post by Luminar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:47 am

Ooh~! How interesting! Haha, yes, it indeed is similar to it. :3 I see, so we need proof readers to proofread, then? :) Okay, sure. Bye!
'I would like to become the dark,
So that I may hide away and make everyone else shine.'

'You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about losing you.'

I'm afraid that I'll be a book that no one reads,
Music that no one listens to anymore,
I'm afraid I'll be abandoned like a movie playing in an empty theater

Ishikatsu
Regular

#7 Post by Ishikatsu » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:48 am

I am somewhat confident in my English, but yeah, proofreader would be nice. You can never know :D
Also, sent you a message. It's kinda long, sorry about that :D

squark
Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy (Proofreader), The Abandoned Land: Book One (Proofreader)
Projects: Raven Hollow (Core Coder, Proofreader), The Universal Hope (Core Coder, Proofreader)
Organization: FlareBlue Entertainment

#8 Post by squark » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:43 pm

English is my first language, so if you still need proofreaders, spellcheckers and grammar corrections, I'd be more than happy to.

I speak British English. But if your writing is going to be in American English, then it's no problem at all.
Without communication, nothing is possible.
"All we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore"
-- Edgar Allen Poe, "A Dream Within A Dream"
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Raven Hollow (on hold for now)
Peace and Love,
Squark

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#9 Post by michi 18 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:06 am

English is not my mother tongue but it is the first language I use.
To tell you I would like to help but I have two projects at the moment . (you can even ask Luminar and squark) another reason is that when I start writing you can never stop me .
but...since the story is about ninjas, it's making me think otherwise.
Maybe if you can place some further information in here instead of giving us the download of the script?
I can help in giving ideas for the plot line and character names and details if you want though.

I agree , it has a similarity to thestoryof Itatchi and Sasuke when Itatchi killed the Utchiha clan and he told Sasuke that the only way to acquire the next level of Sharingan is by killing his best friend(NARUTO!!!)
squark wrote:English is my first language, so if you still need proofreaders, spellcheckers and grammar corrections, I'd be more than happy to.

I speak British English. But if your writing is going to be in American English, then it's no problem at all.
You didnt tell me that (O my gosh I can now have my programmer as my proofreader as well Ah! Yehey! (Kidding)
Maybe while coding the script you could also proofread it ? (Nah. If it's too much hassle)
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

squark
Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy (Proofreader), The Abandoned Land: Book One (Proofreader)
Projects: Raven Hollow (Core Coder, Proofreader), The Universal Hope (Core Coder, Proofreader)
Organization: FlareBlue Entertainment

#10 Post by squark » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:58 am

michi 18 wrote:You didnt tell me that (O my gosh I can now have my programmer as my proofreader as well Ah! Yehey! (Kidding)
Maybe while coding the script you could also proofread it ? (Nah. If it's too much hassle)
I'm already doing that anyway! Hah!

Anyway, I'm waiting to try this one out, it sounds interesting. *clicks notify button*
Without communication, nothing is possible.
"All we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore"
-- Edgar Allen Poe, "A Dream Within A Dream"
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Raven Hollow (on hold for now)
Peace and Love,
Squark

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#11 Post by michi 18 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:42 am

I know! I hope he replies here. Wanna know what happens..
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.