Looking for Partners! (some people to team up with)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
neverending-spirals

Looking for Partners! (some people to team up with)

#1 Post by neverending-spirals »

I am an artist looking for people to team up with, and collaborate with.

I would perfer it to be someone I can work with for a while, and create a stable partnership with.
Someone to work with on other projects, not just this one. (if I ever get around to making any others)

Please keep in mind I do have school so I cannot be online daily. (I will reply ASAP)

To Sum It Up:
Looking for:
*programmers
*etc.

I am quite new to the whole "make your own VN" thing so I will need some guidance on that part. (sorry vnv;)

Please notify me if you are interested!

(as you can see from my poor grammar I am terrible at writing)

<EDIT> I found a writer, so we are only in search of a programmer. Others would be appreciated, but not in a dire need for them.
Last edited by neverending-spirals on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Looking for Partners! (some people to team up with)

#2 Post by Applegate »

When offering artistic interest, it's very good manners to showcase a piece of your work so others know what they're signing up with. It might be useful to start thinking about what sort of things you enjoy drawing most and what you would like to work on - For example, if I offered a story of might and magic, of dragons and medieval knights, would you be jumping with joy as that is the story you love to read? Or do you recoil in horror because dragons and armour, how does it work/how do you draw it?

Give people some measure of your skill and interests.

Misfile
Regular
Projects: Enjolras
Organization: Drunken Ferret Studios

#4 Post by Misfile »

Do you have any idea what type of VN you would want to make? I'm taking from the samples that you have provided that you enjoy horror? Or am I simply over reading what you have offered as examples?

As a side note, it is unlikely that for your first project you'd be able to find someone who's interested in just doing backgrounds.

neverending-spirals

#5 Post by neverending-spirals »

well a genre I am looking for?
Well horror is fun to draw in my opinion, but may be a bit hard to start off on.
Preferably not medieval type fantasy, armor and such can be a pain to draw, especially with limited time.
Also nothing perverted... preferably. I don't feel comfortable drawing those kinds of things.
anything other then that, I can adapt.

Also thank you for notifying me on the background artist situation. UvU I will start drawing it myself.

I also probably should mention we found a writer. (probably should have put that first)

Misfile
Regular

#6 Post by Misfile »

What type of programming do you think that your game would need? Are you just doing a KN? A simple VN? Or perhaps something a little more interesting?

neverending-spirals

#7 Post by neverending-spirals »

Just a simple VN really.

Misfile
Regular

#8 Post by Misfile »

I can help with the coding if you want.

neverending-spirals

#9 Post by neverending-spirals »

really? that would be great!

Xenocartographer
Regular

#10 Post by Xenocartographer »

Ooooh! I know you just got an offer but I'm going to make an offer of my own too. I can both write and code! Also I have at least two ideas specifically for VNs, and at least two other story ideas that could easily be converted into VN ideas, plus a few that I'm not remembering right now. I dunno if you'd be interested in me or not, but whatever.

EDIT: Unfortunately I don't really have any convenient writing samples. Everything I had was destroyed when my old hard drive exploded. I also don't have any convenient coding samples in Ren'Py, at least not that I'd be allowed to actually show you. However, I'd be fine with writing something as a sample, or coding something.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Victoria Jennings »

neverending-spirals wrote:I found a writer, so we are only in search of a programmer. Others would be appreciated, but not in a dire need for them.
Since there aren't many programmers on this site, and I'm assuming you just want to make a small VN, it'd probably be best to just buckle down and program the game yourself. Pretty much everyone on this site has had to at one point or another (and some are still doing it, even if they don't like programming).

Xenocartographer
Regular

#12 Post by Xenocartographer »

On the other hand, two programmers have already posted in this thread. :P

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Xenocartographer wrote:On the other hand, two programmers have already posted in this thread. :P
I could be misinterpreting what the OP is going for, but on small teams, work overlaps, so s/he would probably have to help with the coding anyway, unless the two that have replied are willing to take on all the work themselves (which is rarely feasible outside of a commercial setting).

Misfile
Regular

#14 Post by Misfile »

Victoria Jennings wrote:I could be misinterpreting what the OP is going for, but on small teams, work overlaps, so s/he would probably have to help with the coding anyway, unless the two that have replied are willing to take on all the work themselves (which is rarely feasible outside of a commercial setting).
I'm actually a linux dev in my real life, so I'm something of an oddity here I think.

Xenocartographer
Regular

#15 Post by Xenocartographer »

Heh, okay, far outclassed here. OP, go with that guy(?) instead. :P