Bug on Mac OSX full screen mode

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
Vampyre

Bug on Mac OSX full screen mode

#1 Post by Vampyre »

Hello all,

I recently stumbled on games that have been built with Ren'Py. All of them are working like a charm, at the exception of two of them.

After having talked with the developer, it seems that all the games have been built with the 6.13 version of Ren'Py. All those games are working very very fine. When I click in the preferences for fullscreen, it goes fullscreen (I'm on an iMac 27", CoreDuo with 12Gb Ram in full resolution of 2560 * 1440).

With the two other games, built with the 6.14, the game freezes whenever I switch to fullscreen. If I press the F key, it does the same. Game freeze. (I see the screen going totally black for half a second or something, then goes back to the desktop. I have the icon for the game in the dock, telling me the game is running, but I can't open it. When I right click on it, it tells me the game is frozen and I need to force exit it.

I tried myself to play the tutorial with the 6.14 version, and when I clicked fullscreen it didn't crashed.

The only thing I didn't tried yet is to compile it and see if the problem doesn't arise somewhere in the compile process.

Do you guys have an idea on what is happening ?

Thanks for your help :-)

Vampyre

Edit : Got a correction from the developper. One of the two games that freeze is compiled in 6.13 latest stable version. The second one is compiled in 6.14. Sorry for the confusion.

jjsonick

Re: Bug on Mac OSX full screen mode

#2 Post by jjsonick »

Vampyre, can you say what the problem games are? I'd like to test this on my own Mac to see if I get the same problem. Could provide us more info to give PyTom.