█████▓▒░ UNCLE MUGEN'S FREE VN (OELVN) RESOURCES ░▒▓█████

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: Uncle Mugen's FREE resources

#166 Post by mugenjohncel »

Samu-kun wrote:Hey Mugen... Why don't you show off your real skills and show us a background of a floating city? Like this: http://www.superbwallpapers.com/fantasy ... ity-16301/

Because, well, I like being evil. *watches eagerly*
Sure but uh... That will cost you :wink:

Because, well, rendering something like that will take a while. Also I'm too lazy for something that detailed :mrgreen: . *waiting warmly*

Also, there is this RSP project with LVUER that is slightly higher priority so I'd stick to simple BG's for the Uncle Mugen's Free Resources for the meantime... :)

And lastly but most importantly... The real purpose of the Uncle Mugen FREE resources thread is to have a place to dump the byproducts of my never ending quest to find ways to produce BG's cheaply and effortlessly with huge emphasis on effortless because I personally believe decent passable looking backgrounds for OELVN use doesn't need too much effort or be limited to talented individuals and with the proper tools and basic know how, even a layman can create his own BG's... this is what I UNCLE MUGEN aims for. To streamline the process enough to render an easy to follow tutorial.

Sure, Uncle Mugen does take request but like an evil (but handsome) genie whose lamp you have rubbed gently... and repeatedly... your wish would sometimes not come out the way you expected it simply because the evil (but handsome) genie thinks it's more fun this way :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#167 Post by Samu-kun »

Pay? Hah! Like you need any more money, Mugen! I was just wondering what Sketchup's capabilities were.

SakuraTommiko

#168 Post by SakuraTommiko »

so, uh... Uncle, mayroon po ba kayong bg ng isang bedroom?
you know, something neat, and something a bit big fit for someone very rich? xD
haha!!! So I'm also a Filipino, and I got interested with this thread and got addicted to reading this from start up to the last.
And finally! I could add a reply after reading for almost 30 mins...
:shock:
wahahahaha!!! :lol:
Salamat po!
Thank you!
Arigatou Gozaimasu!

Sakura Tommiko :)

Rye
Regular
Projects: : MAlice :

#169 Post by Rye »

mugenjohncel wrote:
Samu-kun wrote:I'm REALLY looking forward to how Mr. Mugen fulfills those last requests... Especially since I can't think of a quick way to make them on Sketchup.
forest_cliff.jpg
Easy actually... just use the sandbox and paste a large texture of cliff in the side and fill it with trees... :mrgreen:

The Korean house and BG's on the other hand... :?

"POOF" (Disappears)
It's great! Thank you so much *bow*
I'm hiatus from everything for exam... Slow pace on projects. I need to write and draw..
"I'm wearing your granddad's clothes. I look incredible." - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#170 Post by Coren »

Uncle Mugen can I have a 20th century street like this please? :) http://www.mybrightonandhove.org.uk/ima ... 0wide1.jpg I won't mind mugen ads all over the place - I just really need to find a coloured 20th century background! Thanks!

Nexus
Projects: [Heart Catcher][If only i said those words..]
Organization: Obliviware
IRC Nick: Nexus

#171 Post by Nexus »

uncle_mugen_is_eternally_handsome

... really lol'd on that one XD
Thanks for sharing your BGs btw!
I'll also be looking forward to your future projects/BGs as well. :lol:

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#172 Post by merdeamour »

Hey, Uncle! I really hate to be a bother, but I'd like to request two BGs ): . I need a hospital BG for a VN I'm making... I know you did a hospital BG already, but for this BG, I need it to look more like... the PGH. Like, dark lighting, gurneys/stretchers in the hallways. I also need a BG that's a small room used as a clinic. Very small and decrepit... Thanks in advance, Uncle, if you find the time to make them.
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

XDarkinfinityX
Completed: None
Projects: Demon {-} , Mini Maiden.
IRC Nick: Very Inanimate Object

#173 Post by XDarkinfinityX »

Uncle Mugen, your backgrounds are simply fantastic. I hope to be able to use these fantastic arts to their full potential.
Thanks for such fantastic backgrounds, I will probably use them :3

lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

#174 Post by lemonscent »

omg these backgrounds are amazing! +_+;
I'll definitely be using some of 'em, thanks!
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#175 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I-I was wondering, if you could please make a night version of the school hallway? That would be really, really awesome~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

ZeroExistence009
Regular
Projects: Platonic Adolescence (Filipino VN for adolescents)

#176 Post by ZeroExistence009 »

Wow, these backgrounds are so awesome!!

I will definitely use these great background.

It is for free use right? Provided that I will credit you for those backgrounds?

I'm just new to developing VN and I'm amazed at these crazy BG's. :lol:

Just curious, do you have a BG of a typical living room with TV?? :roll:

And a mall? Or a grocery store?

I think it will be awesome if you have some BG's of that to spare. :D

I will surely subscribe to this. :twisted:

dnekolot

#177 Post by dnekolot »

Uncle Mugen, we have a game project for our thesis and we decided to make a vn. I would really like to use your backgrounds but I think we are restricted to only using our own works and assets. Can you give us some tips on how to quickly make quality backgrounds like yours? We are using Maya and Photoshop.

P.S. And if it's ok with you, I would really appreciate it if you could give us tips/guidelines/suggestions in making a modern filipino-themed vn.

Hasuko
Projects: 안녕U.F.O

#178 Post by Hasuko »

Hi UncleMugen. I'm grabbing some of your backgrounds as placeholders in my project until I can get my own art. Thank you very much!

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#179 Post by mugenjohncel »

It's been a while... I've been really busy and focused on my current flagship projects that I kinda neglected this thread... :(
Hasuko wrote:Hi UncleMugen. I'm grabbing some of your backgrounds as placeholders in my project until I can get my own art. Thank you very much!
No problemo... the pleasure is mine :)
Kokoro Hane wrote:I-I was wondering, if you could please make a night version of the school hallway? That would be really, really awesome~
Well... if you could wait for a bit... I'm currently working on this...
http://studiomugenjohncel.wordpress.com ... vn-aka-vn/

It is a recyclable school so you will not only have just a hallway but the entire school including time of day variations... it is almost near completion... regular updates that are too small for a blogpost can be found here...
http://studiomugenjohncel.tumblr.com/
lemonscent wrote:omg these backgrounds are amazing! +_+;
I'll definitely be using some of 'em, thanks!
Oh and if you feel like doing so... they are also OK to edit and modify :mrgreen:
XDarkinfinityX wrote: Uncle Mugen, your backgrounds are simply fantastic.
And cheap to make too... :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, most requests will have to wait for a bit... it's been awhile since I finally got fired up and create a totally new OELVN (aka EVN) project that isn't a remake or a parody so I'm currently devoting all my spare energy to it since I am so close to having a working framework that can be released to the general public... do not worry... once I find sufficient free time I'll go through them one request at a time...
dnekolot wrote:P.S. And if it's ok with you, I would really appreciate it if you could give us tips/guidelines/suggestions in making a modern filipino-themed vn.
OK... first things first... what makes a modern BG uniquely Filipino?... Quite frankly, not much... if you look at most modern buildings in the Philippines... assuming the setting is urban or sub urban, they're not much different from other places I've visited like Vietnam, Thailand and Shanghai... all have the same high rises, all have the mid sized commercial/residential buildings... they also share the typical urban clutter like above ground electrical wiring and traffic signals so the obvious thing to do is to focus on what's the most recognizable thing locally... In this case... the typical Tapsilogan might be the most obviously recognizable common thing that one can truly call uniquely Filipino... Yes... in Vietnam and Thailand they too have something similar to Tapsilog but they don't call them Tapsilog.

See this image?... It's just another modern looking building that you can found in most modern urban / sub-urban areas but you can definitely tell this one is Filipino by the presence of the Tapsilog Signboards...
dnekolot wrote:Uncle Mugen, we have a game project for our thesis and we decided to make a vn. I would really like to use your backgrounds but I think we are restricted to only using our own works and assets. Can you give us some tips on how to quickly make quality backgrounds like yours? We are using Maya and Photoshop.
My technique is pretty simple it can be viewed in a youtube tutorial here... (please watch in fullscreen)
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 66#p162666

Although I'm using Sketchup, I think the same output I produced in Sketchup can be achieved with Maya and use the same post processing to achieve the results I got... although this technique and software is quite old (Photoshop 7)

"POOF" (Disappears)

dnekolot

#180 Post by dnekolot »

mugenjohncel wrote:
dnekolot wrote:P.S. And if it's ok with you, I would really appreciate it if you could give us tips/guidelines/suggestions in making a modern filipino-themed vn.
OK... first things first... what makes a modern BG uniquely Filipino?... Quite frankly, not much... if you look at most modern buildings in the Philippines... assuming the setting is urban or sub urban, they're not much different from other places I've visited like Vietnam, Thailand and Shanghai... all have the same high rises, all have the mid sized commercial/residential buildings... they also share the typical urban clutter like above ground electrical wiring and traffic signals so the obvious thing to do is to focus on what's the most recognizable thing locally... In this case... the typical Tapsilogan might be the most obviously recognizable common thing that one can truly call uniquely Filipino... Yes... in Vietnam and Thailand they too have something similar to Tapsilog but they don't call them Tapsilog.

See this image?... It's just another modern looking building that you can found in most modern urban / sub-urban areas but you can definitely tell this one is Filipino by the presence of the Tapsilog Signboards...
Thanks! And also, if you have the time, may I contact you for opinions? Since you are already experienced in making VNs, can i ask for suggestions in adding scenes for our story? We already have a story(high school slice of life) and I really wanted to put Filipino traditions and culture(to increase appeal to the panel/judges) but my groupmates are much influenced by japanese VNs. They only wanted to put traditional events in Japan like cultural festivals and such. Even the school uniforms have long sleeves. Your opinions would be a great help to us. Thanks again! :D