RIVER TRAP [released]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#16 Post by rioka »

Hmmm, RAR compresses more than Zip? I never knew that! ...Eh heh, well I never tried... O.o'

Anyways, I guess I'll just have to wait till it's out and judge for myself then. And from what you've just said - it must be coming out soon! Yay!

Grey
Veteran

#17 Post by Grey »

Just don't let this lot bully you into rushing it. Make sure you test everything out thoroughly before the release, rather than having to go to versions 1.1 etc a day or two after it.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#18 Post by rioka »

Bully mikey? We're bullying mikey? Now why would you say that? :hides bat behind back: ^_^ Eh heh heh You didn't see anything!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#19 Post by mikey »

Grey wrote:Just don't let this lot bully you into rushing it. Make sure you test everything out thoroughly before the release, rather than having to go to versions 1.1 etc a day or two after it.
We'll try to work fast and efficient. However, we need the beta, to even start testing. Today's the deadline, but we should be ok. I'll keep you updated - but you're right, and that's why I wrote Summer 2004 as the release date... so we have time to test.

eclipse>> oh, yes, rar does wonders...

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#20 Post by mikey »

An update for all fans:

We have made progress according to plan. Not only was the planned beta finished on Sunday, but now we already have the alpha. Meaning after the final tests, if no unexpected things occur, we will be able to release it. And that could mean next week. The very generous deadline Summer 2004 still stands, but it would have to be something extremely terrible to spoil the release this month.

Because we have the alpha on our hands, there is some additional info. The game is going to be about 170 MB big, but never fear, RAR packed it into a viable 34 MB. It will probably be packed in parts 10-10-10-4. Also, we now can tell you the playing time based on the testing - 1 hour 15 minutes for an average reader. Save games are going to be password-based, you will have to note down the save number and password to load it. If you manage to have enough saves, you can try to figure out the superpassword, that will give you access to the bonus section.

It should even be okay with the hosting, so things are looking very very good.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#21 Post by rioka »

Oh wow! I can't wait. Over an hour of playing time - and you managed to fit a secret omake in there too. I wonder which one of us will figure it out first... :D

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#22 Post by mikey »

Seriously, I'd really like to know that, people will have to play it many times, but I hope the omake will be worth it - and unless you get as many endings as possible, the omake could be spoiling, so it makes sense - it's no problem if you play it once, but I guess when you play it again and again, you are interested and the omake will be the reward.

INFO: the alpha is now fully tested and ready, if nothing strange happens, we could have it up by tomorrow... :D We'll see.

Jerails
Veteran

#23 Post by Jerails »

I'm getting all hyped up for this! *Whips out a notepad* Gonna write down all my passwords!!
It's been a while, folks!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#24 Post by rioka »

Omg, it's coming out tomorrow?! :crosses fingers:

Jerails
Veteran

#25 Post by Jerails »

What's that say!? What's that say!!? Zoom in! Zoom in! I can't see!! *Pulls out magnifying glass* ...Errr...Oh, wrong side...*Flips glass over* ...Oh! Ah! So that's what it says! Woohoo!
It's been a while, folks!

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#26 Post by Sai »

What I always do when people write really small on forums is to copy and paste it into the address bar on my browser. It becomes average size then.

In other words, I know what you're up to =o

Just kidding, even if you don't manage it don't worry. Take your time and have fun =)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#27 Post by mikey »

The problem is we already re-compiled the game two times because we THOUGHT there was a bug and there wasn't. It was just us, clicking the wrong save buttons and not trusting any of our abilities (1+1 with the calculator) I guess it comes from being overworked, so let's just put it out and see what happens. We would probably do more damage than good to the game now.

I am uploading it as we speak, so when it will be up, you're welcome to try. Tested on 98, XP, works fine, just please read the readme.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#28 Post by mikey »

Ok, here it is

http://www.manga.sk/atp/rtrap/rtrap.htm

I'm off for the weekend, so have a nice one too. Enjoy the game and tell me how you liked it.

Herzeleid

#29 Post by Herzeleid »

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY I'm downloading now I can't wait ^^
Thanks mikey and everyone on the project :)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#30 Post by rioka »

Hooorayyyyyy - commencing download.... 8)