An easy way to archive your PMs

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

An easy way to archive your PMs

#1 Post by mikey »

Alright, my PM box is getting BIG!

And I don't want to save the many PMs by hand (not to mention they all want to save themselves as privmsg.php - which is fine, but it needs renaming each time, which isn't very fine), isn't there something that can be done? Something like "SelectAll -> Export". ^_^

Or a trick, as long as the message texts can be seen with a simple text viewer, I'd be happy.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#2 Post by PyTom »

Is it close to the limit? When my box gets that big, I just bump up the limit.

Apart from that, the only other alternative would be for me to put together some sort of database dump.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Misuzu
Regular

#3 Post by Misuzu »

PyTom wrote:Is it close to the limit? When my box gets that big, I just bump up the limit.
Rofl... thats exactly what I do too =D. I think the limit is somewhere around 300 or more message now on the Gemot, and I'll soon have to be bumped up to 400 =D.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#4 Post by mikey »

It's not, embarrassingly it's just 14% full, but it's 5 pages of received and another 5 pages of sent, that's 200 or so messages I think, and I'm an offline person and want my mails archived :(

A database dump is perfectly fine.

EDIT: And I want to delete them, I am somehow a very tidy person. I hate to have things unordered or just unavailable - in fact it often happened that when I was at work (in the game design positions), it actually looked like I wasn't doing anything - most of the designers and graphics guys and priogrammers have heaps of books and papers and post-its and their lunch (from two days ago) on the tables and I had vitrually nothing - not only tidy, but minimalist as well. :(