Is it illegal to ask how to get the guys on other age?

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Sailor Kitty
Veteran

Is it illegal to ask how to get the guys on other age?

#1 Post by Sailor Kitty »

If the info is in a book, can i still ask a question?

how to get the last 2 guys from the machine?
i got yumbrad, orem, dornick, neodie, mr.nobody, chihu, zoui, lenz. how to get at least one of the remaining?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#2 Post by monele »

I don't think it's illegal ô_o... Information has always been free, right?
Sadly I can't answer since I don't know the game that much ^^;...

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

Re: Is it illegal to ask how to get the guys on other age?

#3 Post by Enerccio »

Sailor Kitty wrote:If the info is in a book, can i still ask a question?

how to get the last 2 guys from the machine?
i got yumbrad, orem, dornick, neodie, mr.nobody, chihu, zoui, lenz. how to get at least one of the remaining?
how did you get dornick?
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

Jake
Support Hero

#4 Post by Jake »

monele wrote:I don't think it's illegal ô_o... Information has always been free, right?
Well, the people who make it might not be particularly happy with people giving away game secrets, since they seem to be trying to make cash selling the strategy guide which presumably contains all this information.

Tthat said, I'm pretty sure that in strict legal terms, so long as nobody copies verbatim from or provides scans of the strategy guide it's not illegal to explain how to do something (I'd hope game-solving methods aren't patentable...) - but I can't help either.

(I tried a couple of times on Dornick, failed both times and gave up on the game as a whole. There were some nice elements, but the scenario-creation bit at the front was too tedious for me to keep playing a game that was really outside of my interest in the first place. :/)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#5 Post by Sailor Kitty »

i mean i got dornick from the machine. i did not complete that date.[/quote]

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by DaFool »

Jake wrote:There were some nice elements, but the scenario-creation bit at the front was too tedious for me to keep playing a game that was really outside of my interest in the first place. :/)
Well Zeiva Inc games have high production values and pretty amusing. But its so easy to get frustrated, since some paths go all too quickly to GAME OVER without providing enough immersion time for you to connect with the characters and setting and want to play again. I think its sort of the problem with the Flash interface where you can't really literally play for hours (only minutes at a time).

That's why I reiterate that had these types of games been done with a real visual novel engine (a real hybrid game), the save feature, plus the ease which you can just expand the amount of text and dialogue, will provide the much needed immersion time.

Jake
Support Hero

#7 Post by Jake »

DaFool wrote:I think its sort of the problem with the Flash interface where you can't really literally play for hours (only minutes at a time).

That's why I reiterate that had these types of games been done with a real visual novel engine (a real hybrid game), the save feature, plus the ease which you can just expand the amount of text and dialogue, will provide the much needed immersion time.
I don't see why Flash is a problem in and of itself; I'm just as ready to keep a browser window open for hours as I am an instance of Ren'Py, if I'm enjoying myself. The save/load feature is the part which is important, and I've seen Flash games with saves before - the Flash runtime allows saves to the user's local disk, although you have to give it permission to do so.

The ease of expanding text and dialogue... well, that depends on the tools you're using. I remember using an old IF/Text Adventure creation package back in the late eighties/early nineties (I can't remember the name, but I'd recognise it if I saw it) which was pretty tedious and frustrating to add extra text to, for example...
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#8 Post by Sailor Kitty »

could anyone please anwser my question!? i need to know how to make the machine generate one of the remaining guys! :x

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#9 Post by kara24601 »

I got one guy's ending ...took me a while to figure out how to do it properly but :
Ok , so I can't remember the very first part...anyway...keep trying with "cute" and "clever" combos or whatever until you get Zoui. Choose "who are you" or "food kingdom" lol then choose "eat all you want" then cafeteria at the cafeteria choose "what kind of food do you like?" or "let me serve you" he doesn't like anything burnt / spoiled...rotten..scary , ect. I can't remember all the stuff he likes but in the food mini-game it's always better to choose things like "cheese pizza" over "cheap pizza" , "golden steak" over whatever the other choice is , strawberry ice cream over the other choice , ect. basically...which ever choice is the one you'd make yourself or looks better. Good luck!

Sorry I took long to post this as I couldn't remember at the time of typing how to win that guy.

There's another somewhat easier guy ( compared to the other guys but on about the same level of difficulty as Zoui ) to get -
Prince Orem....( at the first time of typing I hadn't yet known how to win him over but now I do! hehe )
Some tips on how to get Prince Orem and make him like you - choose clever from faraway land cute and can use magic ...of course...choose one of the two conversation pieces that sound best ( "Who are you?" or "I am..." ) ...he likes it when you tell him he's cool. You can tease him a little but not too much. Introduce yourself / ask him more about himself once you two are at the cafeteria. In case you can't get that part...remember to ask him for a date after "who are you?" and "scarily cool!" ....The first love heart is from saying he's cool the very first time you meet him...the second love heart...say he's cool again when you're in cafeteria...third love heart...say you love games after choosing "introduce myself" and skipping his part of the text. Be careful with what you choose when it's time to pick items from the menu. He loves "Dornick Special" so when it gets to the part where you can ice cream or something else , choose berry / special drink. ( It shouldn't be too hard to figure out )
I don't know if other combos will work but I chose potato bread for appetizer and gold steak or something for main course. Good luck!
Last edited by kara24601 on Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Davzz

#10 Post by Davzz »

I thought I should bump this topic rather than creating a new one

I require help with Neody's and Dornick's mini-game

Spoilers:
For Neody, I am unable to get the Water Bottle. My magic compass flashes blue on the top left of the forest, but clicking all over the place does nothing

For Dornick, I've reached the part where you have to find evidence. However, no matter what I choose (The book, the spear and the test tubes), it's the wrong answer. Is there something I'm missing?
Thanks for any help you can give me.

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#11 Post by kara24601 »

Meh...I hate that one part and the other mini-games that seem impossible to win at.
Good luck with the obnoxious murder trial. I haven't figured out that one yet either , unfortunately. I would've given the answer if I knew...but I don't , so I can't / couldn't. *pouts*

Davzz

#12 Post by Davzz »

I figured out the answers with the help of my friend.
For Neody, the water bottle is in the top left, it's hidden in one of the green bushes like object, so you have to click around to find it.

For Dornick, when you reach the "collect evidence" part, click on the area just slightly upper left from the chair, which will give you a new item. Go back to Dornick and the rest should be obvious
It wasn't very satisfying to figure out the answers, more extremely annoying that it all boils down to pixel hunting, but there you go.

Now all I need to do is find out how to summon the 2 secret characters...

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#13 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Thank you!

I am still buying that book though, since this was one of those rare games that brings an instant smile to ones lips.

It's on the birthday-wish-list!
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

RID3R

help

#14 Post by RID3R »

I'd like help with Neody's quest... I can't find the fire...could someone help him please?

#15 Post by Guest »

i cant beat donerick!! T.T
i have the terot card and the vials of red stuff and i knoe emia is not the murder but i cant get anyone else on my murderer list!!!

:cry: