Some music for a ren'ai

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
nishida

Some music for a ren'ai

#1 Post by nishida »

Hi, everybody.

A few years ago I wanted to create small ren'ai game from a scratch, but failed trying to implement the engine or drawing backgrounds. However, I did write a whole soundtrack for the game consisting of 7 complete tunes of varying length but stable quality.

I've already lost interest in making such a game, but the music is still on my computer, unused.

So, if anybody wants to use it, feel free to pm me or write here.

Here's one of the tracks in attachment.

The list of other tracks :
02-Home.ogg
03-Home Night.ogg
04-School.ogg
05-School Night.ogg
06-Romantic.ogg
07-Movie Theatre.ogg

24 minutes of music in total.
The game was supposed to be called Autumn Leaves and to be fairly standard oldschool ren'ai - the ones where they had rudimentary gameplay of LOOK, MOVE, THINK and TALK.

All of the music is an old "render" with standard 8mb SB Live patches, but I will rehash it a little for a new project. So, who wants a little music for free? :)[/url]
Attachments
Max Nishida - Title Theme.zip
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 117 times

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#2 Post by kara24601 »

Yay! I currently can't really try my hand at making music as I lack the means to do so. I have a guitar but I don't really play with it much because I don't know how to play "properly". I have fun with it anyways. I don't have an electronic keyboard or anything so no dice there either.
Even if I was good at it , I have no way of recording to my computer.

( I still hope to someday be able to produce good music...especially for games. )

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#3 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Hey! I saw your music post, and I'd love to hear your soundtrack. I'm useless at making music, so having a good library of tunes is always important.

Thanks again for this! :D

chisa-chan
Regular

#4 Post by chisa-chan »

Wow, the musics are good enough :)

I've tried to make the music for my game, but it seems that I have no talent... :cry:

It looks like that I'll look for someone to help me in the music after I finished to revise the game story...
Kalau tidak suka ya jangan diladeni, gitu aja kok repot™.
Cynanthia's Blog (Indonesian)

nishida

#5 Post by nishida »

kara24601 wrote:Yay! I currently can't really try my hand at making music as I lack the means to do so. I have a guitar but I don't really play ...
Try trackers, they're quite easy to grasp and produce something listenable :)

Umm, about the music, I don't know, whether I should just post it all as attachments for everybody to use? Or should I work with someone on some game? How about you, chisa-chan? :)

P.S. Some strange thing happened - I received an email with private message notification:
You have received a new private message to your account on "Lemma Soft Forums" and you have requested that you be notified on this event. You can view your new message by clicking on the following link:

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/privms ... lder=inbox
but my inbox and all other boxes are empty! What happened with the message?

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by DaFool »

nishida wrote:but my inbox and all other boxes are empty! What happened with the message?
Perhaps the sender deleted it while it was still in the Outbox. It doesn't get Sent until you open it. Just a hunch, never tried it myself.

I don't know much about trackers, but I like using midi suites. Then have nice soundfonts to render them with.

It's best to have it all in just one game for consistency and originality.

edit for emphasis: one soundtrack = one game (for consistency)
Last edited by DaFool on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by monele »

I don't know much about trackers, but I like using midi suites. Then have nice soundfonts to render them with.
Note that ModPlugTracker (and the more recent Open ModPlugTracker) can use midi soundfonts too. And I think a lot of more professional suites (FruitLoops and all those kind of sequencers) can too.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by DaFool »

monele: Do you think I used high-end stuff for the MagBou music? Think again :D

Anvil Studio - Free. Pretty Basic (No wav loops -_-)
Timidity - Free. Old. Messy.
One soundfont I happened to download on a whim
Cheap 16-bit soundcard

When you're on a budget and still need to create stuff, you learn to get creative :twisted:

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by monele »

I'll try to send you some nice soundfonts ^^

chisa-chan
Regular

#10 Post by chisa-chan »

nishida wrote:Umm, about the music, I don't know, whether I should just post it all as attachments for everybody to use? Or should I work with someone on some game? How about you, chisa-chan? :)
I will look for someone that can handle music after I finished the story revision and art. I predict that this game will take quite long time since I currently focused on my exams next month :D

Thanks for the offer.

nishida

#11 Post by nishida »

chisa-chan wrote: I will look for someone that can handle music after I finished the story revision and art. I predict that this game will take quite long time since I currently focused on my exams next month :D

Thanks for the offer.
Ok. :)

Umm, so when anyone decides (s)he'd like my music in his/her game, pm me. I'd really like for it to be of use to someone. :)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#12 Post by mugenjohncel »

Umm, so when anyone decides (s)he'd like my music in his/her game, pm me. I'd really like for it to be of use to someone.
Download attached sample...

Listen to downloaded ogg file...

...loved it.

After sulking on some dark corner of my house because I lost most of my files... (but not all )... I thinks it's about time I start working on filling the missing gaps on my project and (PM sent...)

Yeah... I'm back to normal... somehow I got my motivation back.

chisa-chan
Regular

#13 Post by chisa-chan »

mugenjohncel wrote:
Umm, so when anyone decides (s)he'd like my music in his/her game, pm me. I'd really like for it to be of use to someone.
After sulking on some dark corner of my house because I lost most of my files... (but not all )... I thinks it's about time I start working on filling the missing gaps on my project and (PM sent...)

Yeah... I'm back to normal... somehow I got my motivation back.
Thank goodness you're back to normal :D