Glass Dream (Slice of Life, Kind of)

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
paraparadox
Projects: Six Fragment of Dreams

Glass Dream (Slice of Life, Kind of)

#1 Post by paraparadox »

Sorry i'm not good at categorizing tags,

my fist attempt to make a Visual novel, i'm no artist to begin with so all i can do is using captured photo
your feedback is always appreciated

it's supposed to be a part of something called "six fragment of dream" but it's a complete short story
about a man who had lost all of his hope
(well it's supposed not a "man", original manuscript was in Indonesian so i can maintain gender ambiguity but in English i choose "He", )

1178 word, 5-10minutes gameplay
hope it's not a waste of your time :D

download here
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qty4pogpc7t7mdt
36mb zip file, use 7 zip

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Glass Dream (Slice of Life, Kind of)

#2 Post by Ran08 »

Will there be more of this? :) Like, a longer version? Hahaha, currently downloading btw. :D

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Ran08 »

Hahaha, I forgot to post my opinions about this. XD

Here we go:
First thing I noticed was the story. In the beginning I didn't like it much, especially since you were so quick to lay out the tragedies of his life. But as the rest of the events unfolded, I found it strangely touching. The story is very good. If not for (Ahhh, I actually noticed these first) the typos and grammar mistakes, it would have been a lot better. There were lots of wrong uses of words and incorrect grammar, but I suppose that's because English isn't your native language? It isn't mine too, coz mine's Filipino, so I understand that.

Second, I didn't notice the music first, because they were almost non-existent. However, I was surprised at the song. It's the first time I've ever heard a real song on a visual novel. ^_^ It was a nice addition. Btw, may I ask what the title is? It was very nice and it suit your VN well.

Also... I don't know what an impala is. Hahahaha. I'm so naive. What is it? :)

Overall, I really liked this. Well, except for all the grammar errors and wrong use of words. But if this was presented in a cleaner and tidier way, it would be so good. The story is very heart-warming and touching. :)

paraparadox
Projects: Six Fragment of Dreams

#4 Post by paraparadox »

Ran08 wrote:Hahaha, I forgot to post my opinions about this. XD

Here we go:
First thing I noticed was the story. In the beginning I didn't like it much, especially since you were so quick to lay out the tragedies of his life. But as the rest of the events unfolded, I found it strangely touching. The story is very good. If not for (Ahhh, I actually noticed these first) the typos and grammar mistakes, it would have been a lot better. There were lots of wrong uses of words and incorrect grammar, but I suppose that's because English isn't your native language? It isn't mine too, coz mine's Filipino, so I understand that.

Second, I didn't notice the music first, because they were almost non-existent. However, I was surprised at the song. It's the first time I've ever heard a real song on a visual novel. ^_^ It was a nice addition. Btw, may I ask what the title is? It was very nice and it suit your VN well.

Also... I don't know what an impala is. Hahahaha. I'm so naive. What is it? :)

Overall, I really liked this. Well, except for all the grammar errors and wrong use of words. But if this was presented in a cleaner and tidier way, it would be so good. The story is very heart-warming and touching. :)
thank you for your comment

impala, kind of deer life at africa, not a zoologist can't answer well
and that grammar thing,

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Ran08 »

paraparadox wrote: thank you for your comment

impala, kind of deer life at africa, not a zoologist can't answer well
and that grammar thing,
Hahaha, that's alright. I'm sure you'll get better.
And oooh, new info! :) You're very much welcome. :D