The All-Purpose Project Status Summary Page [Encore]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

The All-Purpose Project Status Summary Page [Encore]

#1 Post by DaFool »

(edited from original post)

All of the following I will do producing: directing / writing / programming / art / music, except for #3 #4 which have the original script.)

1.) Nettestadt Troll GxB Eroge Version - ETA August1
2.) Nettestadt Troll GxB Valupack w/c will consist of the following:
*Improved Non-Eroge Version (based on feedback from ero version)
*[TBA Title] based on my Animax competition script entry
*bonus Hardcastle and Cromwell extract (which will remain incomplete, except what sections I have will be polished and finalized just to finish it off once and for all) - ETA Mid-September

3.) Songs of Araiah, by agreement, the project has been transferred to the expertise of Bishojo Games (Enerccio and yvanc).
4.) Everything is Relative has been indefinitely postponed in favor of projects I feel like doing first.

All other items which I have mentioned are completely dropped, regardless of what I said previously. I thought I would have 100% completion rate for all my endeavors, but hey... s*it happens, so I don't want to remind myself. :wink:
Last edited by DaFool on Tue May 29, 2007 11:04 am, edited 5 times in total.

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#2 Post by F.I.A »

Game maker = F.I.A
Winter Shard - Producer - All paths set. Script will need re-tune. Cg works to be done. Postponed due to exam on the coming month.

Hyperion - Producer - ?

Shin Megami Tensei : Akuma Gakuen - Producer - ??
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by monele »

- Magical Boutique (w/ DaFool) : polishing phase
- Magical Boutique 2/extended : concept
- Warp Onsen : concept
- Utsukushii Planet : french intro done. English translation pending.
- Kittease : abandoned.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#4 Post by mugenjohncel »

Gamemaker / production artist: mugenjohncel

My Dear Teacher Mr K.
Flagship Project

After I accidentally "ghosted" my HD I am now down to these figures...

Character Art
Lost everything so I have to re-draw all of them but will not be as hard as before since I still have the original inked versions.

BG CG's
This is where I am most proud of unfortunatelly I only managed to recover a total of 12 (several of them are still unfinished versions).

As of writting I now have 15 BG CG's including 3 BG's done after the ghosting accident.

Story / Plot
Already 100% complete (it probably need proofreading / revising) and I lost it all. Fortunatelly, a roughly 30% complete back-up exist on my laptop and is now currently filling the missing segments.

Lucy's Revenge Uncut

Halted for a while since I am now going to divert all my resources and time to catch up and to finish my flagship project.

I also have to revise the story a bit to incorporate newly implemented stuff in ren'py (Ah! that rotozoom will definitely come in handy).

Unamed Project
A colaboration w/ lordcloudx

This project goes a little way back and it almost reached 100% completion but during mid project I also got involved in a life altering accident which changed my life forever. Here's what happened... Got involved in a nasty vehicular accident, I lost my thumb, doctors stitched it back but I can no longer draw the way I used to be and it will probably stay that way for the rest of my life.

Yes... It was on hold (for now but I am not giving up... I just need some time).

I am the one responsible why this project was on hold up to now.

At first the project went smoothly but after the accident my drawing deteriorated considerably which somehow demotivated me since I could no longer draw the way I used to.

Anyway, I am slowly getting used to my stitched thumb (it even now has a sort of metal joint to replace the lost joint... it took me quite a while to get used to it) and as time went by my confidence is slowly coming back and my drawings somehow improved (but still not as good as before... I'm working on it)

Hopefully early August or September I will once again start re-drawing every single image under my current condition.

Questioning THE Question

This project actually popped-up out of nowhere and probably started as a random idea flooded with "what if" scenarios.

This project is no longer a stand-alone VN and is now incorporated into Lucy's Revenge Uncut.

Goes back to work...

mokenju1
Regular

#5 Post by mokenju1 »

Gamemaker / Writer: Mokenju

The Smiling Lady: Working on this script at this moment.

Dear Friend, Secret Lover: Final version of the script ready. Currently waiting for the character art and backgrounds.
Last edited by mokenju1 on Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jake
Support Hero

Re: The All-Purpose Project Status Summary Page

#6 Post by Jake »

DaFool wrote:Posts should be edited to reflect current status.
(Personally, I'm not sure I like this part; not only have I seen too many edit-post-to-show-status threads die a death before 'cause nobody notices when posts get edited compared to new posts being added, but also it's an added maintenance hassle. Especially for those of us who keep projects status in our sigs. ;-)

Anyway, currently, leaving aside the ones that haven't got anywhere past 'thinking it would be cool to...':

NaNo Project - I think we're calling this 'Morning Star', or some variation thereon. Not that that tells you much. The first milestone (hanging together as cohesive thing) is done; the second milestone (having actual gameplay, things to see and do) is mostly done; the third milestone - which will bring the game to a finished-but-not-polished state - is underway and probably about a sixth complete. Still on course to finish at end of March.

Precession: Side-story 1 - VN-style side-story chapters to my webcomic, been in-progress and slowly slugging along for about seven months; slow progress, but progress nonetheless. I have no particular timeframe in mind, only that it's postphoned 'til at least after we get Morning Star out of the way.

Berlinetta - non-programmer's simple-VN-creating UI; not dead, just sleeping. I'd wanted to get something useable out by now, but then Real Life intruded, and now NaNo's on. It's currently just-before adding menu support, and should start to see some progress again once that's done. Data structures are about 75%, data-mangling implementation about 60%, UI about 5%. In very rough terms.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#7 Post by DrakeNavarone »

Nanoreno Entry (Unnamed)
~ Current Project (see sig for details) ~
Type: Kinetic
Teammates: DaFool (character art)

Odds are this project won't meet the nanoreno deadline. Script is moving slow, character art not started, and no other resources gathered. However, that will not deter me from seeing it to completion. Meeting the deadline is not important, finishing this first game is. Nanoreno was just a catalyst.

Evergreen Valley
Type: Interactive (Choices)
Stats: 2489 screens / 32901 words / 4 menus / 5 endings
Completed: Script - Opening, Day 1 & 2 (Demo released)
Current Focus: Script - Start of Day 3
To Do: Script - Day 3 & 4, Sydney end, Mackenzie end, Parker end, Cadence end, Bad end, Epilogue, Extras
Character art / CGs / Backgrounds / Music - all

Brief hiatus in order to work on nanoreno project. Motivation to finish is still strong, even if the script itself is moving slow. Maybe I'm just a slow writer... No estimated completion date (and no end) in sight. Will start looking for an artist when the script is finished or nearing completion. Once my nanoreno project is finished, this will be priority one. I shouldn't start working on any other projects once I return to EV, despite the mass of ideas I've been getting recently... but it's for the best. I need to get this done.

Songs of Araiah
Type: Kinetic
Stats: 2023 screens / 25999 words
Completed: Script - Day 1-4 ( of 8 ), half of Day 5 (approx 50% overall)

Dropped for several reasons. It wasn't really up to my personal standards, and it would've taken a lot to fix it up. It wasn't worth the time that would need to be invested into it. Plus, it started to slow down Evergreen. Was supposed to be my first game, shot out from under EV's nose, but it just grew too big. Thankfully, DaFool took over so it will see completion. And I'm looking forward to how he finishes it up.
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#8 Post by papillon »

agreed with the comment about editing-to-show-status making this unhelpful... If you want a really helpful status report, dump that information into your sig. Everyone will see it and it's easy for you to remember to update it. Otherwise, just glance over the threads in WIP and there you see a good amount of information on what's boiling...

As for my current status? All art for Cute Knight Deluxe is finally in, and the new codebase checks out on Vista. Release date is "next month sometime". Current plan is to offer the Deluxe version to people who bought the non-Deluxe version for a small fee (which is partly just for administration purposes and being able to run people through the payment system to ensure that they DID in fact buy it before) as well as free copies for fanart/fanfic contests.

Fatal Hearts continues to gather artists, and plotwise has nearly reached the end of the third major plot branch. One of the art purchases recently was sprites for a Joust-based minigame/puzzle. As an adventure game, it's studded with little puzzles and each one has to be unique. So much to do!
Jeremy and Randy's branches are 'complete' - except for having to go back and add more to catch up when the whole thing is done, since events may need to be added and connected between versions. Lucy's branch is nearly done. Tim's branch will be next. Elizabeth's branch is still sort of in limbo, as I have this character and no clear idea of what to do with her... for plot reasons she's almost nonexistent on the branches I've done so far, but she shows up more in Tim's branch, which will hopefully give me some ideas.

Cute Knight 2... only exists in a bunch of notes and some character design sketches at the moment. A lot of design thinking has been done, but it's probably going to be written with a whole new set of code tools that I haven't even started learning yet.

Fawkes - Feathered Melody
Regular

#9 Post by Fawkes - Feathered Melody »

Feathered Melody Productions.

1. The Boy Who Loved Crows - We're nearing pre-beta stage and we're hoping to launch our first game by early April. We've got two CGs done; one came in this morning from our talented artist Senko. Jamuko will be working on the coloring the profiles and the CG from Act 1.

2. Noctua - Script is complete and I have some backgrounds prepared. The next thing I intend to do is a media declaration of the things we need. Next priority will be for me to do the foundation programming and get all the placeholders in.
Writer / Programmer
Crows Project: Released 12/15/07
Noctua: In Development. Demo 3 released.
Project Silk Road: Planning/Story Construction
"Live while awake. Live while dreaming."
We have a [new] website again!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#10 Post by PyTom »

American Bishoujo:

Ren'Py: Need to release a new version of the mac launcher for testing. If it runs on Mac OS X 10.3, then I'll release 6.1.1.

Ren'Ai Archive: New beta version is up at: http://www.renai.us:8000/. This version uses the new Django, and so it will provide a reasonable starting point for future upgrades of the archives.

Real Life: Hitting me like a sack of bricks.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#11 Post by yummy »

Koyuki Channel

Projects:

Suna to Majo
Status : Standby / In Progress (depends on my mental state after work)
Type : Visual Novel, sci-fi, adventure
Current Arcs : 1.5 / 6
Current BGs : 2 / 82
Current CGs : 5 / ?
Current Music : 3.5 / ?

I'm rewriting a huge part of the script pilot. Currently working with music, trying to find inspiration. The whole concept has been polished, characters interaction has been enhanced. Added full parts of jokes :)

Fujimi
Type : Visual Novel, contemporary
Current arcs : 0/3
BGs : ? / ?
CGs : ? / ?
Music : ? / ?

Experimental phase, classic school romance game.
Last edited by yummy on Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#12 Post by Counter Arts »

Hmm... I guess I might as well join in the fun. Then I'll add it to my sig.

Dream Route Status - Standby
Dynamic Storyline VN with Battles

It's like Duke Nukem Forever ya see. However, several spin-offs are in progress.

Dream Route: Skyshift Status - Standby
VN with Battles

Supposed to be a test game but looks like it's going to be an average story-length game.

Dream Route: Glass Status - In Progress

Kinetic

Haha... didn't announce this one. It's supposed to be the answer to the "nice guy" problem but now it's kinda got a life of it's own. Probably on a good day I could write maybe 2K words of story at peak inspiration.

Side Note: You might want to keep your multi-persistent states around if I ever do decide to do something with the flags I set. Can you say dot hack?

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#13 Post by kara24601 »

Most of my games right now are just ideas and stuff
( everything has its own folder and
text documents have been started / worked on .... )
but there are at least two games
that I've actually got scripts started and working on :

Beautiful Music and one other project that I'm heavily resisting the urge to share info about for fear I'll share too much info...
I want it to be a special surprise when I'm finally done with it.

:lol:

I currently have no graphics , music , or sound effects in / with them.
Concentrating on story , choices ...endings...conversations , and coding first.
I'm hoping to finish both "soon" but I also don't want to rush creation too much...it's hard trying to keep that balance ,
along with not letting myself get distracted...forget about them...ect.
...especially with the "secret project".
Wow, here it's 2007 and I still don't have the darn things anywhere near finished. Bad me. Sorry.
Last edited by kara24601 on Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#14 Post by Taleweaver »

Gamemaker: Taleweaver

List of projects in rough priority order
1.) Foxtaile (w/ EsperKnight, Rio, malorisdead) - scriptwriter and director - script complete, soundtrack 80% complete, directing 75% complete, artwork probably complete by Easter. Project completely converted to Ren'Py for ease of putting everything together.
2.) Lilith Project (working title; w/ EsperKnight, MajinSwen, malorisdead) - scriptwriter - script 35%, no real directing so far, engine basics complete, no art except for sketches, first pieces of test soundtrack finished
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#15 Post by chronoluminaire »

Yeah, I'm going to be principally updating my sig. I only work on one project at a time ^^;;

(Actually, that's a load of rubbish. I have two NaNoWriMo novels that are not quite finished, so I spent the past few months alternating between slowly filling in the missing bits of those two, and slowly working on what has now become my NaNoRenO/IntRenAiMo project. So at least three projects at a time, but only one visual novel at a time :) )

So, the status of the NaNo project, as of Tuesday 20th March:

Script (chronoluminaire): 12386 words in March 07, 42223 total written so far, estimate 13000 still to go...
Character art (sunkitten): 5 major characters fully coloured, minor characters sketched
Event CGs (sunkitten): todo
Background art (tsunami / gathering from sxc etc): 30% obtained
Music (woodpijn / isa62v2 / gathering from cc etc): 80% obtained
Editing (chronoluminaire): 30%
Motivation (chronoluminaire): 90% - I've written enough romantic scenes that I can't NOT release this thing
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!