Re:Set Episode 1 Re: [Complete]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: Re:Set Episode 1 Re: [RPG][VN][Mystery][Demo]

#61 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I enjoyed this demo! (I waited forever for this~)

I enjoyed it very much! The most unique experience about the game is that you view the POV of two main characters. Sometimes, you're Gerald, sometimes you're Mike. I really loved that! It's fun to hear the thoughts of two different characters, especially since they're a fun pair. I also loved how in battle, each character has a voice pack. Now I feel like recording voice packs XD

Ummm, for those who do not read the dA comments on this, I shall just copy and past it here;
Excellent writing. Feels like a detective story, but with a supernatural twist~ I also really liked the battle system. It's a bit frustrating for it to be turned based, but none the less, it was fun. Turn-based requires more stragety anyway, which in a sense can be more challenging (it may of been easy now, but....I have a feeling those weird Vestigals are gonna make me wanna pull my hair out eventually...) I also like Gerald and Mike's special moves! And their battle voices. Gerald sounds awesome, and Mike's voice is cute but she's still a kickass! Jun's voice was matching as well, my only problem is her "Hyah!" sounded weak.

So, the story is really interesting! More and more I wanted learn about the box, and then Gerald's missing memories, and who (or what) he is. I feel sad that there is a possibility of Mike losing her memory of the demons when this is all over, but we'll see how it plays out! It was awesome to see Jun and Yuri again, all grown up. I wonder if they'll mention the Doppelganger incidents that had preceeded (Jun sorta hinted toward it with the "is the Lee family responsible?" and "I've seen much worse"). I also love the Inspect option and the awesome notebook! I love reading Mike's notes. So interesting, and sometimes comedic (like what she wrote for Gerald XD)

The animated lipflaps and blinking eyes really add a nice, professional touch to the game. It's so weird, being used to static sprites, so this was a MAJOR change to the feel, in a good way!

My only MAJOR complaint....
KYAAAAH!!!! IT ENDED BEFORE THE NEXT BATTLE?! SO SHORT! GIMME MORE, MORE, MOOOOOOOOOOORE! (So mean, you knew it my proofreading went a little beyond the demo, didn't you? )

/end long winded comment
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#62 Post by azureXtwilight »

@Kirroha and Tiya : I see, I better set up some introductions first then!
Kokoro Hane wrote:I enjoyed this demo! (I waited forever for this~)

I enjoyed it very much! The most unique experience about the game is that you view the POV of two main characters. Sometimes, you're Gerald, sometimes you're Mike. I really loved that! It's fun to hear the thoughts of two different characters, especially since they're a fun pair. I also loved how in battle, each character has a voice pack. Now I feel like recording voice packs XD

Ummm, for those who do not read the dA comments on this, I shall just copy and past it here;
Excellent writing. Feels like a detective story, but with a supernatural twist~ I also really liked the battle system. It's a bit frustrating for it to be turned based, but none the less, it was fun. Turn-based requires more stragety anyway, which in a sense can be more challenging (it may of been easy now, but....I have a feeling those weird Vestigals are gonna make me wanna pull my hair out eventually...) I also like Gerald and Mike's special moves! And their battle voices. Gerald sounds awesome, and Mike's voice is cute but she's still a kickass! Jun's voice was matching as well, my only problem is her "Hyah!" sounded weak.

So, the story is really interesting! More and more I wanted learn about the box, and then Gerald's missing memories, and who (or what) he is. I feel sad that there is a possibility of Mike losing her memory of the demons when this is all over, but we'll see how it plays out! It was awesome to see Jun and Yuri again, all grown up. I wonder if they'll mention the Doppelganger incidents that had preceeded (Jun sorta hinted toward it with the "is the Lee family responsible?" and "I've seen much worse"). I also love the Inspect option and the awesome notebook! I love reading Mike's notes. So interesting, and sometimes comedic (like what she wrote for Gerald XD)

The animated lipflaps and blinking eyes really add a nice, professional touch to the game. It's so weird, being used to static sprites, so this was a MAJOR change to the feel, in a good way!

My only MAJOR complaint....
KYAAAAH!!!! IT ENDED BEFORE THE NEXT BATTLE?! SO SHORT! GIMME MORE, MORE, MOOOOOOOOOOORE! (So mean, you knew it my proofreading went a little beyond the demo, didn't you? )

/end long winded comment
I see, I shall contact Jun's VA then XD More special moves coming on!
I wonder how much of doppelganger do you want to be fleshed out, as for now I can only drop small hints XD The clues will be updated as you progress, and when you play as gerald and go to investigate once again, the things you can investigate is different and what he says when inspecting things will be different than Mike.
And thank you for the interest! I feel like because there are so many otome games here I wanted to do something different but is too afraid no one will care, haha~

Thank you for commenting! Azure is a happy panda~

ixWishing
Veteran

#63 Post by ixWishing »

Woohoo, the demo's up!
I wonder what's different from the first version/game! ^^.
- Everlasting Dreams ;

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#64 Post by azureXtwilight »

There are a lot of differences:
- Miki will appear in episode 2
- Adding a whole bunch of new characters, so story will change mostly
- Investigation mode
- RPG mode (Although skippable for non-RPG fans)
- Gerald's POV
- Hopefully longer length!

I hope you enjoy it! Don't forget to leave a feeback!

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#65 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Well, it's longer than I excpected, but very refreshing ! :D Can't wait to play the full version...
Hm...personally I think some font colors are a bit harder to read...that's all.
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#66 Post by azureXtwilight »

tiya_nofurita wrote:Well, it's longer than I excpected, but very refreshing ! :D Can't wait to play the full version...
Hm...personally I think some font colors are a bit harder to read...that's all.
I see, which color font so I have to fix so it's easier for the eyes?

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#67 Post by tiya_nofurita »

azureXtwilight wrote: I see, which color font So I have to fix so it's easier for the eyes?
When Gerald is talking to the Goon
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#68 Post by Nuxill »

This turned out pretty nice! I enjoyed what was available for the demo. The music is nice and the RPG and Exploration bits worked a lot better than I thought they would. :) I also agree that it might be good to change the color of the Goon and Girl characters to something more readable since the green you use with characters that aren't shown is not bright enough to pop out like the rest of the character's names.

Also there a lot of instances were you used a wrong word and there's a part where you wrote "you get my words" while it probably should have been "You've got my word". I think you might need to get a proofreader, or have them go over it again if you already have one.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

#69 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Nuxill wrote:This turned out pretty nice! I enjoyed what was available for the demo. The music is nice and the RPG and Exploration bits worked a lot better than I thought they would. :) I also agree that it might be good to change the color of the Goon and Girl characters to something more readable since the green you use with characters that aren't shown is not bright enough to pop out like the rest of the character's names.

Also there a lot of instances were you used a wrong word and there's a part where you wrote "you get my words" while it probably should have been "You've got my word". I think you might need to get a proofreader, or have them go over it again if you already have one.
As one of the proofreaders, there's some stuff I missed admittedly. When I played, I noticed like 3 errors and thought "how did i miss that?" XD
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#70 Post by azureXtwilight »

Nuxill wrote:This turned out pretty nice! I enjoyed what was available for the demo. The music is nice and the RPG and Exploration bits worked a lot better than I thought they would. :) I also agree that it might be good to change the color of the Goon and Girl characters to something more readable since the green you use with characters that aren't shown is not bright enough to pop out like the rest of the character's names.

Many many thanks! How many RPG/Exploration scenes would you like? Less or more? Harder or easier battles?
Thank you for the color suggestion, I'll definitely change those :D~
I am thinking of getting more proofreaders when it is done XD Or have KokoroHane go over them again :P

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#71 Post by Nuxill »

azureXtwilight wrote:

Many many thanks! How many RPG/Exploration scenes would you like? Less or more? Harder or easier battles?
Thank you for the color suggestion, I'll definitely change those :D~
I am thinking of getting more proofreaders when it is done XD Or have KokoroHane go over them again :P
I actually think the RPG/Exploration parts are balanced pretty nicely. They didn't feel overbearing or that there weren't enough. My only suggestion is that I think it might be good to have the question you are being asked during the 'use the clues to answer the question' parts of the game on the screen if at all possible, since what I was being asked to answer went by a little too quick for it to register in my mind.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#72 Post by azureXtwilight »

Will do!

I have a pet peeve, Gerald looks like he is the most anatomically incorrect out of the bunch.

SO IT'S REDO TIME.
wip____gerald_remake_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d665z6l.jpg

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#73 Post by azureXtwilight »

Gerald redone done! I wonder if you all want a patch so you can see the new sprite at the demo game~
Attachments
G.jpg

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#74 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Lookin' good there, Gerald.
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#75 Post by azureXtwilight »

Released a demo patch anyways!

Download both patches from this link:
Images : http://www.mediafire.com/download/7sgg7 ... mages2.rpa
Script : http://www.mediafire.com/download/11pq3 ... cripts.rpa

and put it in your : ReSet ep1Demo-1.0-all/game folder, replacing the old one!

And now you can be accustomed to the new gerald~