Forest's Sorrow[drama][shortstory][experimental]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
zoranac
Projects: Forest's Sorrow

Forest's Sorrow[drama][shortstory][experimental]

#1 Post by zoranac »

Forest's sorrow

A Story of One

About Forest's sorrow:
Forest's sorrow is a very short kinetic novel (15mins or less is my guesstimate). It takes place around the industrial age in an unspecified location. It will be free. The title is not set in stone.

The story:
The story in Forest's sorrow I actually have to keep secret for now because this is where it starts to get "experimental." The simplest way to put it is that the reader must interpret the story and use the text to try and figure out and understand the situation.
I am open to showing interested people the script and getting their thoughts on it, just in private.

The music:
I currently plan on writing all the music. I plan on it all being solo or duet piano pieces.

The images:
I created all the sprites and backgrounds. The original photos that I edited to make the backgrounds were all available for free with creative commons licensing, so no copyright laws broken.
There is no narrator (among other things), so the story relies somewhat heavily on "decent art"... I believe what I am working on will good enough, however if anyone is interested in helping and/or thinks they can make it better, I'm totally open to it.

Screenshots (without the text):

Completion:
Script/Writing: 98% (Revising and Reworking bits here and there. There are a few places I need to add a some lines to help the scenes flow)
Art Assets: 75% (backgrounds are almost totally complete, just need to make more sprites)
Music: 25%
Sound effects: 10%
Programming: 70% (All the text has been formatted, half the scenes made, and a few of the special effects programmed)

Note:
Please tell me what you think on what I have currently released! Criticism welcome.
If you feel there should be more added, I will work to give as much info as I can without letting the game lose its purpose.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

Re: Forest's Sorrow[drama][shortstory][experimental]

#2 Post by Kato »

zoranac wrote: There is no narrator (among other things), so the story relies somewhat heavily on "decent art"...
Well so far so good, love the sprites! :D
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds