Lluvia de Peces!

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Funnyguts
Veteran

Lluvia de Peces!

#1 Post by Funnyguts »

I'm in need of an artist! I can't draw well enough on my own, and I figure Nano is a great time for us to all work with people we normally wouldn't. As such I'd like to find an artist I haven't worked with yet. If you're interested in this project, here's what I'll need:
[*]Two sprites, with multiple expressions.
[*]Some backgrounds. I have a few photos of the region to use as reference. Some of them are CC, others are copyrighted, and all of them are of different sizes.
[*]Two to three CGs. You may want to know how to draw fish.
Please contact me and show me some of your work if you'd like to help out![/s]

I have an artist or two now, thanks~

Lluvia de Peces (working title) is my NaNoRenO '13 project! I'm trying to do a game every year about a new country, picked at random. I got the nation of Honduras as my first country to write about. After doing some research I found an event called the Rain of Fish, and figured that would be a good starting point to craft a short game. My plan is to make an LN with only two major characters, and no more than ~7500 words. I'll keep myself to this limit to make sure I focus on only a few characters, and so I can give myself ample time to edit and adjust. I'm hoping to experiment with some writing techniques, and practice my organizational and research skills, but my main goal is to write a fun VN about a place that is rarely used as a VN setting.

The synopsis: Nearly two decades after leaving her home in Yoro, Adelita is taking a vacation and has decided to visit her parents back home. When she arrives in Tegucigalpa she runs into an old friend, Ciro, who's spent his life working around Yoro. He offers to drive her back to Yoro, and recommends that she join in the festivities that should be starting soon, once the first big rainstorm of the season comes. While Adelita remembers the yearly rain of fish, and childhood memories gathering up the stranded fish, this will be her first time in the country since Yoro created a festival to celebrate it in the late '90s...

My planning for the story is mostly done, although I plan to keep going with research and make changes to make the story more accurate to the region and culture, as much as I possibly can. I hope to finish the rough draft by a week from today, and spend the rest of the month editing.
Last edited by Funnyguts on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Funnyguts
Veteran

Re: Lluvia de Peces! (Recruiting an artist!)

#2 Post by Funnyguts »

Well, I have art in planning stages and I'm about a fourth of the way done. I'm still on track to finish this draft by Friday.

Funnyguts
Veteran

#3 Post by Funnyguts »

Rough draft finished! It's exceptionally rough and is still short of my wordcount goal, but all the scenes are in place so I can show them to my artists and get all that stuff going.

Funnyguts
Veteran

#4 Post by Funnyguts »

Alright, I think everything is in place for this story, except art. We're still working out how to handle that. But other than lots of proofreading, obsessing over story flow, and the like, Lluvia is about done, and should definitely be readable by the end of March!

I still can't think of a better name for this than Lluvia de Peces, even though I'd prefer to have another. I suppose at this point it will do for this thing.

Funnyguts
Veteran

Re: Lluvia de Peces!

#5 Post by Funnyguts »

Due to hardware issues, this game won't make the NaNo deadline. I still plan to release it once the aformentioned issues are resolved!

Funnyguts
Veteran

#6 Post by Funnyguts »

So, this is still happening! I have a new sprite artist, thanks LumenAstrum! But I'm still in need of someone to help with backgrounds. If you'd be interested, please check out my recruitment thread and see if my offer would be good for you. I have reference pictures for the backgrounds, and I need about 7 or 8 drawn. They don't need to be hyperdetailed though.

Here's a bit of initial art for our heroine, Adelita:

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#7 Post by arachni42 »

Well, I hope you get a chance to finish it up. Honduras seems like a cool setting; I'll be interested to see the result.
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)