some high school project

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
khanshin

some high school project

#1 Post by khanshin »

Hi everyone, I m looking for people who can help me with a game i want to do, a tokimeki memorial-like in somekind of academy and i was wondering if someone could help me with story and the renpy program things
i will draw everything, characters background and all
here my gallery for those who want to see
http://khanshin.deviantart.com/gallery/

i hope someone will actuality answer this haha^^

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#2 Post by DrakeNavarone »

Welcome to the forums! Is there any more you can tell us about the project? Things like scope, time frame, number of characters/routes, level of interactivity, plot outline, if any work has been done yet... basically any more details for the curious (me being one of them)? It sounds like you want a school setting and to do a dating sim type of game, but have you thought about any of the other aspects yet?

I'm pretty tempted to volunteer... I'd like to do a tokimeki type game (well, actually, an epic sized sim date/vn/rpg hybrid featuring magic girls, but that'll probably always be just a dream...), and after seeing your deviantart gallery, it only wanted me to help out even more... but I'm not sure if I can commit to anything yet, since I've got a few other projects I'm working on...
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

khanshin

#3 Post by khanshin »

well i was thinking about a game with stats , which you can level up by doing somethings like tokimemo in some kind of school, ff8-like or psychic academy-like, in modern age ( and maybe some mecha ?:p)
with 4 or 5 girls, i still dont know if i will add guys aswell so we can choose sex at the beginning

umm i also add in mind to make the character move, something you can t do in tokimeki memorial and had health(drink, eat, toilet? :p)
i dont know i have a lot of idea but i m actually thinking which ones will be possible or not

i hope i answered your question

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by DaFool »

You're a great artist.

But with this kind of project you'll have to wait for a writer / programmer to code an engine up. Once you have a working skeleton, then your art will lend polish to it.

Because art is expensive and unlike code and writing samples, partially-finished art is not really that useable.

Sometimes when your art is impressive enough it will generate stories within the heads of people who view it, but that is rare.

Maybe try to write the scenario yourself, then you can ask help just with a programmer, and it will be easier when they see you got the whole plot planned out.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

To khanshin:

Let me know if you're willing to join forces with me on a Tokimeki-like project. Please send me a private message.