At last, Cintiq that actually cheap enough for hobbyist.

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

At last, Cintiq that actually cheap enough for hobbyist.

#1 Post by LVUER »

Well, actually not that cheap, but at least it's much more affordable than $2000+ Cintiq 21 and 24 series. Welcome the new Cintiq 13HD. It's a bit small (at 13.3" wide screen) but the resolution is high at 1,920 x 1,080. It's also much brighter than Cintiq 12WX. Oh, and the most important part is that the price is tagged at $1000. Now you will think twice before buying other brands that's priced at about $600, nice move Wacom!

Not to mention it have a new generation pen (2,048 level of pressure sensitivity) that also works in all Intuos 4 and 5 series tablet (another reason not to throw away your oldies). This is the first time I really want to buy a Cintiq.

So, any opinion about this new Cintiq 13HD, everyone?

--------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Just reading another news that Wacom will release a "Surface"-like tablet... meaning a touch-sensitive graphic tablet/PC hybrid that let you draw using pressure-sensitive pen. With Cintiq 13HD priced at $1000, you'll want to wait for this new Wacom tablet released first before deciding which one to buy. Until now there's still no info whether this new tablet will be loaded with Windows 8 (meaning we can install Photoshop, SAI, Flash, GIMP, etc) or with Android.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

Re: At last, Cintiq that actually cheap enough for hobbyist.

#2 Post by enta »

I don't know the circumstances of the English market but here in Japan, Cintiq is not getting any cheaper(besides the second hands on yahoo auctions) and I doubt myself getting one in the near future. Not to mention that I just got my bamboo comic 2 years ago :oops:

But 600 dollars huh... *envies people who would buy behind a pole*

DeeKay
Veteran

Re: At last, Cintiq that actually cheap enough for hobbyist.

#3 Post by DeeKay »

enta wrote:I don't know the circumstances of the English market but here in Japan, Cintiq is not getting any cheaper(besides the second hands on yahoo auctions) and I doubt myself getting one in the near future. Not to mention that I just got my bamboo comic 2 years ago :oops:

But 600 dollars huh... *envies people who would buy behind a pole*
Aww.. *hug*

But yeah, pretty excited for the Cintiq 13 HD. You've basically said everything LVUER : resolution, screen brightness, pressure sensitivity (and tilt).. Price point is attractive based on the current lineup as well, not much to be upset about.

And a hybrid tablet ? If it's touch sensitive with capacitive touch, you might want to take palm rejection functionality in consideration for the software you'd use. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

But all in all, yeah, good times to be in the market for a screen based drawing tablet :)
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !