morphE [Paranormal/Supernatural] [Drama] [Horror]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Alexis_Royce
Regular
Projects: May I Take Your Order, Off the Cuff, Case of the Serialized Killer
itch: alexisroyce

morphE [Paranormal/Supernatural] [Drama] [Horror]

#1 Post by Alexis_Royce »

Project name: morphE

Get it Here: http://www.morphe.thewebcomic.com

Genre: Supernatural Horror, Kinetic Novel

Rating: 17 and up, due to violence and general cruelty

Format: morphE is a little different from most kinetic novels, in that it isn’t done all at once. Coded in flash, it updates three days a week, webcomic-style. While the story only has one path, the abilities of the reader grow as the main characters develop their magic. At certain points in the story, readers will be able to view a given scene through various “mage sights,” providing deeper insight into the world and the mysteries within.

Plot:

After their rescue from a madwoman’s hellish subterranean caverns, five humans have their eyes opened to the dark truth lurking under normal society. A "benefactor" takes them in, but he’s a cold-blooded killer with a deadly fixation on the new mages. In a world of magic, vampires, werewolves, ghosts and far creeper creatures, can he be trusted? Can anyone?

Characters:

Billy Thatcher

"I’m more important!"

Supernatural Status: Obrimos Mage

Vice: Pride

Virtue: Justice

"Billy" Thatcher is an American Chess International Grandmaster, and the star of his own reality TV show, "Pawnography". He is best known for his erratic and violent behavior on and off camera. On TV he's a person you love to hate, and in real life he's a person you hate to love.

Cypher

"I have faced more trauma in the past 2 months than the average person is subjected to in a lifetime and still, that sensation of complete DREAD trumped everything."

Supernatural Status: Acanthus Mage

Vice: Sloth

Virtue: Faith

Tyler Dawn is a mixed-up young man with an affinity for escapism. He grew up in a small rural town in Ohio and moved on to study in New York. Through a love of fantasy novels and boredom with the mundane he finds himself diving in to the awakened world with more zeal than the other captives.

Asia Ellis

"Understood."

Supernatural Status: Mastigos Mage

Vice: Pride

Virtue: Temperance

Asia is an analytical, observant, quiet and introverted person. She spent her early childhood in a cult and found herself rescued by reporter/journalist Ken Ellis, who showed her a world outside of the farm she grew up on. Never a fanciful person, adjusting to a world of magic proves to be a terrible strain to her mind.

Adrestia

"I won’t hurt a kid. I’d let him cut my throat open first."

Name: Unknown

Supernatural Status: Thrysus Mage

Vice: Wraith

Virtue: Charity

Born and raised on the streets, Adrestia has learned that respect is never given, but must be earned. While she may lack in book smarts, she makes up for it in rocky determination. She has a soft spot for kids, but don't let that fool you. She's more a mama bear than a mama hen, and when there's an innocent soul who needs her protection, get ready to see some metal-clad knuckles dishing out justice.

Curio

"..."

Supernatural Status: Moros Mage

Vice: Sloth

Virtue: Fortitude

Curio is a lurker. Be it on message boards or IRL, he keeps out of sight and watches. He’s a huge Pawnography fan, so meeting Billy Thatcher would be a dream come true. At least it would, if they weren’t already in the middle of a nightmare.

Amical

"Ladies, gentlemen, and everything adorably in-between, we really have quite the treat tonight!"

Supernatural Status: Acanthus Mage

Vice: ???

Virtue: ???

Amical is a powerful Acanthus mage and his pistol never seems to miss its mark. He's wealthy in resources and social connections, brushing elbows and heaven knows what else with the Chicago elite. He makes use of the philosophy that he can catch more flies with honey, but what is collecting flies for...?

The Woman With the Knife:

"HeheheHEHEHEEHEEHEEHEE!"

Supernatural Status: ???

Vice: ???

Virtue: ???

Memories of her are elusive. A flash of blue, the sensation of shoes scuffing against dirt as she dragged them away, wet warmth spreading from a place where he was sure he’d once had fingers. One thing is certain about this enigmatic figure- all of them would do anything they could to make sure they never saw her again.

--------

Other Info:

There are four of us working on this:

Chelsea Capobianco: Writing and Editing Script

Craig Bayfield: Writing Script, Assembling posts in Flash

Tricia Bayfield: Backgrounds, CGs

Alexis Royce: Sprites, Website

morphE is ready! You can read it on its website here: http://www.morphe.thewebcomic.com , and it is of course free. If you finish and enjoy what you’ve read, I encourage you to check out the website; we’ve hidden some fun things to discover!

ixWishing
Veteran

Re: morphE [Paranormal/Supernatural] [Drama] [Horror]

#2 Post by ixWishing »

I just played the prologue, and I'm amazed!
It was seriously creepy, with the sound effects and all, lol.
But it was really interesting! I'm on Chapter 1 atm.
I wonder who that creepy woman with the knife is though lol
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Alexis_Royce
Regular

#3 Post by Alexis_Royce »

ixWishing wrote:I just played the prologue, and I'm amazed!
It was seriously creepy, with the sound effects and all, lol.
But it was really interesting! I'm on Chapter 1 atm.
I wonder who that creepy woman with the knife is though lol
Thank you! We tried without the sound effects initially, but it just felt naked. To save costs, we recorded most of the sound effects ourselves; a nice trucker let us record his diesel engine, and my boss let me smash up a wooden pallet for some of the slamming and scraping ones. ^_^

Alexis_Royce
Regular

#4 Post by Alexis_Royce »

Heya! Since it's been a few months, I thought it wouldn't be too obnoxious to bump the thread with our progress. We've reached the end of Chapter One, with 75 "Pages," and about 375 screens of dialogue. Since the basic premise has been set up, it's a good time to take a peek, if you're at all interested. Thanks!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#5 Post by Googaboga »

I read through it all. I think it is very interesting. I'm not sure where it'd go from this point and I'm curious to find out.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Alexis_Royce
Regular

#6 Post by Alexis_Royce »

Googaboga wrote:I read through it all. I think it is very interesting. I'm not sure where it'd go from this point and I'm curious to find out.
Thank you! I won't give away too much, but we're really looking forward to getting into the magic system, and some flashbacks of what happened to get them all put into those boxes.

Alexis_Royce
Regular

#7 Post by Alexis_Royce »

Heya! While the whole comic is in flash, we updated with our first proper animation today! It's got some violence in it, and I'm really happy with the work our CG artist and our flash guy put in to get everything looking so horrifically snazzy.

First page of comic: http://morphe.thewebcomic.com

Latest update: http://morphe.thewebcomic.com/comics/17 ... et-dreams/