no-one has to die. [mystery] [PLAY ONLINE NOW]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
StuStu The Bloo

no-one has to die. [mystery] [PLAY ONLINE NOW]

#1 Post by StuStu The Bloo »

Play online now

no-one has to die. is a game about decisions. You will choose who lives and who dies, and your choices will change the events of the game completely.

A fire has trapped four people in the Fenix Corp. headquarters, a building full of secrets. You arrive in the building to find the security guards murdered. Now it’s up to you help everyone escape.

If only it were so easy. People will die, and it will be your fault. How you choose to contain the fire will lead to people burning to death. So, who lives? It’s your choice.

Lionel is the CEO of Fenix Corporation. Arrogant and selfish, he only cares about his own chances of survival. But he’s the only one that knows what Fenix Corporation truly does...

Christina is a young woman who has been working at Fenix Corporation for a few years. She is strong in the face of danger, but can’t stand to think of the lives the fire has consumed.

If Steve hadn’t been working overtime when the fire began, he could have avoided the whole thing. Always one for a joke, he and Christina don’t always get along, but deep down they care about each other.

And then there’s Troy. A murderer and an arsonist, Troy is behind everything that is happening in the Fenix Corporation. What sick game is he playing?

So, who will you save? Who will die? Their lives are in your hands.

Play online now

Designed by Stuart Madafiglio. Art by Cindy Xu. Music by Jesse Valentine.

pwisaguacate
Veteran

Re: no-one has to die. [mystery] [PLAY ONLINE NOW]

#2 Post by pwisaguacate »

Simplistic dialogue screen with an interactive mini-game.

EDIT: Sorry for sounding ambiguous; I liked the game. Unlocking each ending brought another piece of satisfaction.
Last edited by pwisaguacate on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

StuStu The Bloo

#3 Post by StuStu The Bloo »

I don't think I quite understand your message. It's not completely a visual novel, if that's a problem, but it acts a lot like one and it fills the same basic needs. I hope people enjoy it! :)

pwisaguacate
Veteran

#4 Post by pwisaguacate »

Ah, the final timeline...

No one has to die... Fellow players, see you soon.

StuStu The Bloo

#5 Post by StuStu The Bloo »

I'm glad you enjoyed it then! ^.^ Thanks for playing!

rainaria

#6 Post by rainaria »

aah, this game is kinda depressing, at the end. it has a very interesting concept, though. great game! (:
it's kinda sad how christina couldn't accept her mother's leaving so much that she'd do what she did.
what i want to know is what does teaching the chickens phrases have to do with anything at all? you know, the ones that say 'christina lives'? how do they intercept with the story?

ixWishing
Veteran

#7 Post by ixWishing »

This was really interesting!
Boy, what a mystery was this!
I actually thought Troy was the killer, since he said so himself. I never thought Christina would do it.
Imo, I would have trusted Christina more than everyone, if I was trapped in the building with her.

But god, the ending was depressing. Christina couldn't just let go of her mother, eh?
And I suppose the cockatiel, which already knew the phrase, had its consciousness' sent back to the past, before it was brought? Thus, when he was brought in, he already had known the phrase? This is my assumption, anyways.
- Everlasting Dreams ;

StuStu The Bloo

#8 Post by StuStu The Bloo »

I'm glad you both enhoyed it! ^.^
rainaria wrote:aah, this game is kinda depressing, at the end. it has a very interesting concept, though. great game! (:
it's kinda sad how christina couldn't accept her mother's leaving so much that she'd do what she did.
what i want to know is what does teaching the chickens phrases have to do with anything at all? you know, the ones that say 'christina lives'? how do they intercept with the story?
It is very sad, and I think she's definitely gone too far. As for the birds... ixWishing got it right in their post.
ixWishing wrote:This was really interesting!
Boy, what a mystery was this!
I actually thought Troy was the killer, since he said so himself. I never thought Christina would do it.
Imo, I would have trusted Christina more than everyone, if I was trapped in the building with her.

But god, the ending was depressing. Christina couldn't just let go of her mother, eh?
And I suppose the cockatiel, which already knew the phrase, had its consciousness' sent back to the past, before it was brought? Thus, when he was brought in, he already had known the phrase? This is my assumption, anyways.
Haha, glad to see I got you with that one, then :P It makes sense though; she seemed more trust-worthy because she was so empathetic with the people who were dying, but she was only that way because it was all her fault. And yep, you nailed the cockatiel thing :D

thanatoaster

#9 Post by thanatoaster »

Have you played 999 or Virtue's Last reward at all? They have very similar concepts to this.

It was a fun game though, I really enjoyed it. :D

StuStu The Bloo

#10 Post by StuStu The Bloo »

They were definitely my biggest inspirations for this. I think I still made the ideas my own though. :) Glad you had fun!

StuStu The Bloo

#11 Post by StuStu The Bloo »

A big thank-you to IndieGames.com for their writeup about no-one has to die.! http://indiegames.com/2013/04/browser_p ... o_die.html :D

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#12 Post by netravelr »

Short, simple, quite good. I really enjoyed getting to play it and I liked the turns that the story took (without getting into spoiler territory). Thank you for sharing!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

StuStu The Bloo

#13 Post by StuStu The Bloo »

Thank you! :D I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

StuStu The Bloo

#15 Post by StuStu The Bloo »

Thanks! :D

A lot of great news! no-one has to die. has been written about on Rock Paper Shotgun, JayIsGames, and IndieStatik! This is so amazing, I don't believe it. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04 ... as-to-die/ http://jayisgames.com/archives/2013/04/ ... to_die.php http://indiestatik.com/2013/04/09/no-one-has-to-die/