c'est une marimo

Art threads specific to a single artist.
marimo
Regular

c'est une marimo

#1 Post by marimo »

These were going to be used for the PPHSJAM that I only found out about on the...LAST DAY..and well after (of course) spectacularly missing the deadline, the...very...simple plot seemed a bit too silly so I'm still on the fence on whether I want to finish it so I didn't want to start a WIP thread. XD It was...going to be a shameless Eroge...but yes. Without the excuse of having only a weekend of working on it, the bad plot and terrible writing seem so much less forgivable??? Next time...I'll just beg to join in on someone else's project or something. OTL
ImageImage
But with Eblisa I start my art thread! Hi all!
EDIT: So, just in case it's not obvious, no this was not her 'official' color scheme. Just slapped some simple colors onto it to make it more than just a lineart.
Last edited by marimo on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: c'est une marimo

#2 Post by Ran08 »

Wow, the sprite is lovely~ So many poses! :)
I was just wondering, what's the game all about? I know you said it's a shameless eroge hahaha, but... what genre of game is it? ^_^ Seems like fantasy or something similar...
I do hope you'll continue it though! Maybe not for the Jam, but... just to make a good 'ol VN. ^^ Please, post it in the WIP or Ideas forum!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#3 Post by PyTom »

Okay, after creating a character like that, one that pegs my moe detector, you totally need to make a game for her to live in. I don't think that anyone is going to care about it if you make your own game jam - just set yourself your own deadline.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

TheGuraGuraMan
Veteran

#4 Post by TheGuraGuraMan »

1. Well drawn.
2. Are you french ? Or did you pick up this sentence somewhere ?
3. Wait... Marimo ? You mean this ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marimo

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#5 Post by dramspringfeald »

Well that is impressive! <3

but yeah I would So love to play a game with her in it.
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

marimo
Regular

#6 Post by marimo »

Thanks for the comments guys!

@Ran: Yeah, the game would be fantasy...but..you wouldn't see too much of the setting anyway for it to make that much a difference?? It was going to be a reaaallly short game. And haha thanks so much for the interest, I'll try working on it some more (mostly the script...since...writing isn't really my strength! UGH. /clutch chest dramatically) before I make a thread...so far I only have floaty heads of the other characters! And um, it's going to be GxB but optionally BxB too? You can choose to be male or female but your obtainables were all male. THOUGH. SINCE I HAVE TIME. I suppose I can add Eblisa to the list of obtainables....and maybe another girl XP.

@Pytom: Hahaha ;-; Thanks for liking herrrr. She's kind of a minor character so it's surprising I gave her so many poses...but at the same time, I feel like she's one of the more interesting characters. XD The others were more cookiecutters of kinks and tropes because...GxB game.

@GuraGura: 1. Thank you. 2. I'm not french, but I wish I knew french. It was mostly that I couldn't think of a title (and I am bad at naming things!) and my brain supplied strange noises that sounded SIMILAR to this, I guess? The only other french phrase I know is: Je suis une pomme. Je ne pas un pomme de terre.... Yep. 3. YEP THAT IS THE ONE. ISN'T IT ADORABLE AND SO CIRCULAR AND MOSSY. I don't understand it myself, but it's a strange phenomenon.

@Dream: I...will try...to deliver something that isn't disappointing..? Which is my greatest fear hahaa....

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#7 Post by Ran08 »

marimo wrote:@Ran: Yeah, the game would be fantasy...but..you wouldn't see too much of the setting anyway for it to make that much a difference?? It was going to be a reaaallly short game. And haha thanks so much for the interest, I'll try working on it some more (mostly the script...since...writing isn't really my strength! UGH. /clutch chest dramatically) before I make a thread...so far I only have floaty heads of the other characters! And um, it's going to be GxB but optionally BxB too? You can choose to be male or female but your obtainables were all male. THOUGH. SINCE I HAVE TIME. I suppose I can add Eblisa to the list of obtainables....and maybe another girl XP.
Oh, I love fantasy! That sounds like fun. (Oh my, I sound like Dory. The fish. Bwahaha.) Still, now that... err... you don't have to meet a deadline... can it not be a reaaaallly short game? :) Hahaha, and I'm sure you could do it! (Omo, I really imagine you doing that pose. XD) Hmm... I'm a girl so, yeah, I'd love GxB. XD So... good luck! And I hope you'd have bodies for those floating heads soon! Oh, poor them... with no body to stand on! :( Teehee. Hope to see a thread about this soon! ^^

P.S. Marimo? That reminds me... Zoro! *squeals* Ooooh, I love Roronoa Zoro. <3 :")

marimo
Regular

#8 Post by marimo »

Oops, thought I should update this. : D I've done a few things while away, and here they are!:
Portrait Art for: Break Away - Was supposed to be a Halloween Event game but it didn't quite make it for the deadline, but it looks super promising! :D Also for a friend who is lead developer of the project.
Art for: Subject - A Halloween Event game that my friend asked for art 1.5 days before the deadline. Hahaha. I managed to somehow pull out 32 images needed for it so we made it in time.

marimo
Regular

#9 Post by marimo »

Entirely Pointless Game I made for a friend using renpy. There are about 4 sheep options and they are exactly the same save for the portrait art. If anyone is curious, it is downloadable here.

Screenshots of a game I was making for fun. Entirely unfinished and WIP. Custom menu screen thanks to the many wonderful tutorials on this site. ;w; <3

Another game I was playing around with while trying to figure out how to use renpy. X'D
ImageHonest Critique | Personal Art Thread (inactive tbh)
ImageCurrent Projects:
ImageAvailability: Commissions - Open

Luce Jumble
Regular
Projects: By Angelic Invitation, ...

#10 Post by Luce Jumble »

Oh my god, this is crazy... your art is crazy, so are your GUIs, so is that sheep game—but in such a good way... xD Love your style!
Moved to Aurehan

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#11 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Lovely as always. I love how expressive your characters are.

marimo
Regular

#12 Post by marimo »

@ Luce Jumble: Omg..did you play the sheep game??? XDDD Hahah thank you so much for your lovely compliments! * w * I'm so glad you enjoy my work. <33

@ LateWhiteRabbit: Ffff Thank you so muchhh. <3<3
ImageCurrent Projects:

Armee
Veteran

#13 Post by Armee »

I was checking your work and you commented lol Lovely art, very beautiful and neat.

marimo
Regular

#14 Post by marimo »

Oooh awesome timing on my part then? :3c And thank you very muchhh~ I still kinda strange to be told that my art is neat sometimes because I used to be (and still am! Actually..esp in the process) a very messy artist.
ImageCurrent Projects:

jjworks

#15 Post by jjworks »

UGH!!! I love your style so much! I'm always impressed with people that can put so much detail into their art, while still keeping with that over the top cartoony feel. Love it!!