Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Carassaurat
Veteran

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#5221 Post by Carassaurat »

For my unannounced project, I had already been using 3D bases to draw from for the backgrounds and bodies (here's an experiment), but not yet for the faces, which is what I've been doing today. It's surprisingly difficult as the model render and the tracing end up looking so differently.

I really ought to make a thread for it after I finish NaNoRenO.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#5222 Post by Kato »

Been a couple weeks since I've really started to try an learn how to draw and colour. This is my first attempt at digital colouring with a character I doodled whilst watching TV. I know it's super flawed and I can't shade properly yet though! Hehe.

Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

eingelle
Regular

#5223 Post by eingelle »

Zylinder wrote:Image

Been a while since I've done anything personal. Here's some TMGS2 fanart~
HOLY--- /nosebleed

Is this Katsumi Shiba!? Q//A//Q Oh gawd. Oh gawd.
Yesss, Tokimeki Memo GS2 fanservice. Squeee~

eingelle
Regular

#5224 Post by eingelle »

Kato wrote:Been a couple weeks since I've really started to try an learn how to draw and colour. This is my first attempt at digital colouring with a character I doodled whilst watching TV. I know it's super flawed and I can't shade properly yet though! Hehe.
Looks pretty good for someone just starting to learn. ^__^b
The shading is good. The creases in the sweater seem a bit stiff though.
Oh and for the hair, I've noticed that your hair "flicks" (is that the word for it?) are out of place. You can fix it by locating a "center point" to the crown of the hair, from there you can let the hair naturally flow down from that point. Here's an example of mine:
Attachments
capture-20121002-005009.png
Last edited by eingelle on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zylinder
Veteran

#5225 Post by Zylinder »

eingelle wrote: HOLY--- /nosebleed

Is this Katsumi Shiba!? Q//A//Q Oh gawd. Oh gawd.
Yesss, Tokimeki Memo GS2 fanservice. Squeee~
Yes, yes it is. Fanservice is the only appropriate reaction to the game ~

eingelle
Regular

#5226 Post by eingelle »

I'm currently working on my first otome game. I haven't revealed the game to LemmaSoft yet.. But I guess I could show a peek at one of the capturable characters...
I am only good at portraits so you can tell that I spent more time on the head/hair rather than the body. QnQlll
Criticism is welcome. I take them very seriously.
Attachments
1-horz.jpg

TheGuraGuraMan
Veteran

#5227 Post by TheGuraGuraMan »

eingelle wrote:I'm currently working on my first otome game. I haven't revealed the game to LemmaSoft yet.. But I guess I could show a peek at one of the capturable characters...
I am only good at portraits so you can tell that I spent more time on the head/hair rather than the body. QnQlll
Criticism is welcome. I take them very seriously.

You're just drawing like a boss... God... Your coloring is pro level too, I don't even feel like finding some error if there are... Well indeed, you sure worked more on the head but the body don't really have any proportion problem. Damn I need to train coloring, a good level is making drawings look some much better.

eingelle
Regular

#5228 Post by eingelle »

You're just drawing like a boss... God... Your coloring is pro level too, I don't even feel like finding some error if there are... Well indeed, you sure worked more on the head but the body don't really have any proportion problem. Damn I need to train coloring, a good level is making drawings look some much better.
Thank you! I appreciate your praise. ^^
I personally find tiny anatomy errors every time I look at this one, but if you don't seem to notice them I guess I shouldn't be so nitty-gritty about it.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#5229 Post by 15385bic »

eingelle wrote: I personally find tiny anatomy errors every time I look at this one, but if you don't seem to notice them I guess I shouldn't be so nitty-gritty about it.
i find errors evrytime i look at my pics too OTL

and i see nothing wrong with have a detailed head LOL - most ppl go for the face anyways! sorry to say but society is pretty superficial. Your not gonna have someone drool over the anatomy if the person has a bad face....<--i feel terrible saying this ^^'
personally i think the body needs to be a bit longer? or the head smaller? (although i'm influenced by anime so my sense of anatomy is a little skewed)

and damnit i'm with TheGuraGuraMan with the fact that i need to practice colouring OTL
i find it too much of a pain in the bum

something which im cringing about trying to colour OTL
sketching is the easy part. colouring makes me want to cry
the zodiac - capricorn

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#5230 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Whooo, right thread.

Working on a background tonight~~~

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#5231 Post by Nuxill »

Carassaurat wrote:For my unannounced project, I had already been using 3D bases to draw from for the backgrounds and bodies (here's an experiment), but not yet for the faces, which is what I've been doing today. It's surprisingly difficult as the model render and the tracing end up looking so differently.

Ooh, I really like that experiment! You've got me excited just from one screenshot. :lol: I think both the render and the tracing look good but I can see how having them turn out so different would be a source of worry. I'm sure you'll be able to make it look spectacular though!

DeeKay
Veteran

#5232 Post by DeeKay »

@15385bic
Wow, amazing ! Your drawings are as inspiring as ever ! :wink:
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

eingelle
Regular

#5233 Post by eingelle »

15385bic wrote:
eingelle wrote: I personally find tiny anatomy errors every time I look at this one, but if you don't seem to notice them I guess I shouldn't be so nitty-gritty about it.
i find errors everytime i look at my pics too OTL

and i see nothing wrong with have a detailed head LOL - most ppl go for the face anyways! sorry to say but society is pretty superficial. Your not gonna have someone drool over the anatomy if the person has a bad face....<--i feel terrible saying this ^^'
personally i think the body needs to be a bit longer? or the head smaller? (although i'm influenced by anime so my sense of anatomy is a little skewed)

and damnit i'm with TheGuraGuraMan with the fact that i need to practice colouring OTL
i find it too much of a pain in the bum

something which im cringing about trying to colour OTL
I see, I see! Alright, I'll try to make the head a bit smaller.
I have a feeling it's the hair that makes his head more bigger in proportion to the body... ^^;;
Oh my! Your art looks so good!!! <3 Q3Q I totally feel the same way about colouring too! I'm still creating character sprite sets, they are all still uncoloured...ahaha.

zankokunoyami
Regular
Projects: Dies Irae: Phantatiom Elements

#5234 Post by zankokunoyami »

Carassaurat wrote:For my unannounced project, I had already been using 3D bases to draw from for the backgrounds and bodies (here's an experiment), but not yet for the faces, which is what I've been doing today. It's surprisingly difficult as the model render and the tracing end up looking so differently.

That is actually an interesting practice there. Though it makes me want someone to do the opposite and take my 2D characters and turn them 3D. But I digress. Though they do turn out so differently, I still think it turned out really nice. Ah, the differences between the dimensions!
15385bic wrote:
eingelle wrote: something which im cringing about trying to colour OTL
the zodiac - capricorn
Absolutely breath taking. Seriously. I am envious!
Dies Irae: Phantatiom Elements
Check us out on facebook!
Listen to the radioplay on YouTube

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#5235 Post by JumpJump »

I'm writing up a bio at the moment on these two for my idea topic. I'm not normally ink heavy, but I felt it appropriate for the pair.
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.