Dead Chivalry (was: Opinions/help please!)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
~Kayley
Projects: Dead Chivalry

Dead Chivalry (was: Opinions/help please!)

#1 Post by ~Kayley »

Hello!
I made a website for the VN I started, called Dead Chivalry.
So, I haven't put all too much on here, but I have some of the basic plot and characters, as well as questions. If ya got five minutes or so to look at it and respond, it would be a huge help! Thanks!

Website URL:

http://deadchivalry.weebly.com/

:D
Noblesse Oblige
~Kayley
Last edited by Taleweaver on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added the name of the project to the thread title

lilyrose
Regular

Re: Opinions/help please!

#2 Post by lilyrose »

Actually I've been to the site and answered the questions but i kind of wanted to emphasize why when you asked what the blue hair guys name i suggested aristo (i think thats wat it is *shrug*) because i'm pretty sure it means best in greek and isnt that what everyone thinks he is? the best? lols so i kinda also thought it had a ring to it XD
~ You know I used to be able to leap tall buildings using a jetpack? Then I got shot in the leg with an arrow T.T ~

~Kayley

#3 Post by ~Kayley »

Hahaha, thank you very much for checking out the site! And even more so for responding! :D

/(^.^)/ '*•'*•' (throws confetti for you)

MudkipTheDestroyer
Regular
Completed: Bacon 1&2, SummerCamp, The Twins, Club Felin, Escape Cody
Projects: Sooooo many projects... .-.
Organization: Fat Chick Studios

#4 Post by MudkipTheDestroyer »

Gosh, so much to say, isn't there~? But you asked for it, haha!^^

First thing that came to attention when observing the website - well drawn character sprites, and nicely chosen looks for the characters to have. I didn't know anything like BASSnovel existed until looking at your page, very cool. The blue-haired dude's hair is very loonnnngg though! o.O Lol.

As for the name of the red-haired guy. Even though "Ren" is kind of a unisex name, I think it's more fitting than "Raine" or "Kaide", just because both of them sound a little more...feminine, I suppose, and he's meant to be kind of a harsh, quick character. As for a last name for him, you've kinda been doing the Greek thing so I'd start there for ideas. "Anger" for example is, I guess, "Thymós" in Greek pronunciation, so whatever you want. :p I have no clue at all about the blue-haired kiddo, but Lilyrose's idea of "Aristo" is kinda fitting. As for a last name for him,
I'd suggest looking up, like, "Royalty. Sarcasm. Status. Cordial." in Greek or something. In regards to Bret's last name, idk. All I can think of right now (at like 3am) is "Chrónia" which is like "Happy" in Greek, since he's easy-go-lucky? Idk. Eric Dáskalos ("Teacher"), "Sohma" sounds really cute for Kisa's name, Connor ... "Oberst" comes to mind but it comes out of the music industry so don't listen to my nonsense! Hmm... Connor... not sure. Neither "Stoic" or "Scary" seem to work at all in Greek, so that's up to you and your other commenters to deck out, haha! Nor do I know about a name for Ellen. That's a tough one to find a good "ring" to for a last name. But, I guess, in VNs last names usually aren't a big deal unless you make them one, but good luck and *enter extended sigh here* that felt like a long list, haha~

I really like the plot idea you have. As long as it's written properly, it could have a very nice dark under-riding element of plot to it, which makes room for a lot of player interest. I like the idea that the player and surrounding characters will be unable to trust anyone for, y'know, the possibility of pretty immediate sabotage and impending death. I have no idea if you're going for humor in this VN, either, but there are definitely some parts that are crying out to my inner humor department. I don't know, just, like, fighting a battle with chivalry trying to protect this woman who is in danger 24-7? It seems too troll-y for it not to get awkward and funny for the characters, I'd think. But I'm not sure. Done in the right ways, anything can be done in any way, so I am quite curious to see what directions you decide to take this game in.

As for your question about putting up a forum on your website that requires signing in, it seems like a pretty futile effort. I'd suggest just doing the forum dirty work on here, where everybody's already signed in and ready to type weird long answers to your questions like this.

Ahh~ Well, with all that said, Kayley, I wish you a lot of good tidings on your Visual Novel, and if you need any more answers, I'll be glad to help out.
------Sonic------

Completed Projects:

~Kayley

Re: Dead Chivalry (was: Opinions/help please!)

#5 Post by ~Kayley »

Hahaha, I did ask for it! :D
I love getting long and more in-depth responses like that, thanks for all the ideas/help! ^.^

Thank you for all those different names and such! :D I kind of agree about what you said with the name 'Ren' being pretty unisex... (Never really thought of it before -.-;) In the replies to the survey, I got a lot of people saying I should make the red haired guy 'Raine.' I also really like your idea of Thymós as well . . . So I'll probably be updating my survey soon! :)

The plots one thing I'm worried about. I was so happy reading what you thought it would be like, because that's what I was shooting for. \(^.^)/ I'm just worried that I won't be able to pull it off completely. >< Haha, I did want to add in some humorous moments, but I'm still trying to figure out the hows/wheres/ and whys, if that makes any sense.

Haha, if your willing to give opinions and help out, be warned. . . I will most likely bombard you with them! ><

lilyrose
Regular

#6 Post by lilyrose »

Hey just dropping by to check up and see how the project is going? Sooooooooo?
~ You know I used to be able to leap tall buildings using a jetpack? Then I got shot in the leg with an arrow T.T ~

~Kayley

#7 Post by ~Kayley »

Hahaha, it's going good, thank you for asking! :D
I had been suddenly bombarded with tests for school, so I sadly haven't worked on it as much as I would have liked . . . :'(
But that's all over now! :) The character sprites are being added on to the actor list (I'm making this using Novelty) and I'm working out some story kinks and specifics . . . Especially the beginning. (I always have a hard time picking a beginning for stories. ><)
But overall it's going well! :D
~Kayley

lilyrose
Regular

#8 Post by lilyrose »

lols thats great!!!!!! :) let me know i can be of help lols

~Kayley

#9 Post by ~Kayley »

Hahaha, thanks! :)
I certainly will!

~Kayley

#10 Post by ~Kayley »

Well . . . This is sad, but I'm currently unable to start piecing it together. :( Can anybody tell me how to add characters you make in the Design thing for Novelty INTO Novelty?? ><