Moustachio Studios hiring writers! [Positions Filled]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

Moustachio Studios hiring writers! [Positions Filled]

#1 Post by netravelr »

Moustachio Studios is looking for two writers to help with some of their announced/unannounced projects!
You'll be working alongside myself (coding, concept) as well as echs (art, concept) in creating some high quality commercial works. We are only looking for those writers with experience and who are able to work on a deadline and meet them, and for that we are willing to pay competitively within the ELVN market.

For those unaware of our track record, we have so far released Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, and have been working diligently on Love at the Laundromat. For additional content, take a look at my website here and echs' deviantart account.

Both projects have a base idea in place, but there will be room for changes based on the writer's opinions.

Project 1: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen
Culina is a series of games which contain elements of both visual novels and strategy games as you create your very own restaurant.

We will be needing help in finishing the second part of Culina as well as going back and making changes to the original game. Having played the first is a must for this position. There is still around 80k words still needed to be written for the game with different routes for each of the characters announced previously.

Project 2: Unannounced Horror Game
This game will be much shorter (~25k words) and will need to be finished within 4 months or less in time for Halloween. An example of horror writing (200+ words) is required to apply for this position.

Please contact me via PM to apply, comment if you have any questions and/or need clarifications. I will keep the post updated as we hire. Also, please let us know which project you are interested in or if you're interested in both.
Last edited by netravelr on Thu May 02, 2013 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

Usagi Vindaloo
Completed: 1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum

Re: Moustachio Studios is hiring writers! [2 Positions Open]

#2 Post by Usagi Vindaloo »

Hello there!

I'm very interested in applying for either of these positions, but I did want to clarify a bit re: the horror submission. For the 200+ word sample, are you looking for it to be in Ren'Py script format, or is prose acceptable/preferable? And are you looking for an already completed game/story/etc or just a short scene to show mood, suspense etc? I've actually written something specially for this posting, but after re-reading it, I realized I'd better check to make sure you accept "on spec" writing vs. existing stuff.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#3 Post by jack_norton »

Good luck to you and Helen :) you might want to add a [PAID] tag in the thread maybe, just to explain that you're going to pay the writers?
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey

#4 Post by netravelr »

Good idea! Thanks!

Kessie
Regular

Re: Moustachio Studios hiring writers! [2 Positions Open] [P

#5 Post by Kessie »

I mustache you a question... but I'm shaving it for later..
I j-just couldn't resist, sorry.
I've been considering moving into the horror genre for a while now and this sounds like a great opportunity for it but I'm rather curious on the details on the overall plot/direction before applying. May I hear more? :3

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Moustachio Studios hiring writers! [Positions Filled]

#6 Post by netravelr »

Thank you guys for so many wonderful offers! We are truly astounded by the talented people here and while it may not have been possible to hire all of you now, we may have needs in the future. Thanks again, but now the positions are filled. Cheers!