Texas Chainsaw Massacre + Slender + shop =?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Viniciuskk
Regular
Projects: Spring Breeze
Organization: Homeroom Interactive

Texas Chainsaw Massacre + Slender + shop =?

#1 Post by Viniciuskk »

Howdy Lemma folks! I know this is kinda off-topic from everything else posted here, but I wanted to share this with someone. I got this inspiration when I was thinking about Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Slender. I don't think this can be programmed in Ren'py though. Oh, and give me some feedback if you can. I'd like to know what you guys think of this idea :3

The game camera would be first person, set in a farmland with a few buildings scattered across the map. Up to 5 or 7 players, in a nighttime scenario.

The players are lost in this area for whatever reason and meet an old man in his farm house. After some still unplanned dialogue, he tells them that theres an insane person here that hunts people down, and they will only survive if they manage to kill it. Someone asks the old man why he hasn't died yet, and he says that the killer is his son!

The man himself also enjoys his son's hunt, so he sells the victims items (e.g potions of speed, med kits, weapons, ammo.) for money they find across the map. The victims revolt, and attempt to take everything from the man, but he's armed.

It is then, every man for himself. The players can either group up or wander alone. It is obviously much faster to gather money and other items if they split, but it's also riskier.

There will be wild animals such as rabbits, wolves, stags, etc... that can be hunted down for pelts ($$) and meat. (The players will need to eat and drink, to replenish the energy faster, which is only used up upon attacking or sprinting (jogging will also deplete but very slowly). Energy also replenishes on it's own, but at a slow pace.)

• At the game start, the old man advises the players to buy a rucksack from him right now, or stick to 3 inventory slots. The bag can be upgraded to carry more, but there's also a limit to how much weight one can carry.

•The shop sells food, medicine, armors and melee weapons, however, all the money the players spend will also help to upgrade the killer! A message will be shown for everyone to alert whatever upgrade the killer has attained. (e.g. faster movement speed, more health, higher detection range)

•There will be three shops that sell the same items on the map, and if the player require, he can also buy from afar, whoever, the price will go up the further away he is from the shop.

•A small bird is sent carrying the item (limited to small things), WHICH CAN BE FOLLOWED BY THE KILLER IF HE HAPPENS TO SEE THE BIRD, but for a higher fee, the shopkeeper can also send a stealthed bird. The bird appears on the player's minimap, and if the player thinks the killer is following it, he can drop seeds to make it stop following him, but the item will be left on the ground, and everyone but the killer can pick it up. (Maybe we can also include a hardcore difficulty where the killer also takes the item and uses it for himself?)

•If someone dies, the assassin steals 70% of the money the player had, and leaves the rest on the ground (other players can take what's left of the money)

•The murderer needs to spend his money to heal himself, to at least give some point in damaging him. (He uses melee weapons at first only, but after a few upgrades, he takes firearms)

•The killer also spends his cash on poisons, traps and other consumable items

•The killer wanders randomly around the terrain, and has a wide range of detection around him. Whenever someone steps inside it's area, he goes after them.

•The game is won when the assassin is killed.

•Basic items:
•Health Potion (emergency life restoring item. Expensive but quick. Can only be used once every two minutes and doesn't stop bleeding.

•Food

•Bandages to stop bleeding

•Antidotes (for poison)

•Potion of speed (or adrenalin shot if you want to make it more realistic)

•Melee Weapons (Daggers, knives, clubs, bats, and whatnot)

•Bird ration

•Batteries (For flashlight)
•Advanced Items:
• Proximity sensor (It beeps whenever there's something moving nearby, be it an animal, other players, the killer or birds. It can be upgraded to make different noises for each size of whatever's nearby. (The killer is as tall as another player)
The sensor can only beep once every 1 minute.

•Low quality firearms

•Ammo

•Traps (Will activate to anything. Animals, the killer, other players and even the owner of the trap. Any player can disarm it, and in hardcore mode the killer has a chance do detect, disarm and use it himself.)
•Upgrades:
•Backpack (1st :more slots - 2nd: more slots - 3rd: more slots - 4th: reduces item's weight)

•Armor (1st: low protection, heavy - 2nd: medium protection, lighter - 3rd: high protection, feather weight)

•Health

•Speed

•Max energy

•Proximity Sensor (1st: Lowers it's cooldown - 2nd: Indicates an unacurate location - 3rd: acurate location)

•Map (1st: Show your location - 2nd: Receive other's location)

•Flashlight (1st: longer batteires - 2nd: Wider light)

•Slow Health Regeneration (very expensive)

•Permanent increase in health restoration through any means of healing.
Last edited by Viniciuskk on Fri May 10, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre + Slender + shop =?

#2 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

If you are talking about a 3D game, then I wouldn't even bother trying to do it in Ren'Py if I was you.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Viniciuskk
Regular
Projects: Spring Breeze
Organization: Homeroom Interactive

#3 Post by Viniciuskk »

Yeah, but I *might* turn this into an actual Ren'py game (novel style), but I think it would be so many times better if it was on some 3D engine

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4 Post by LVUER »

If we're being creative, it's possible to do it in 2D... but it will be very hard to do in RenPy (if you want some action gameplay). IMO, the hardest part would be coding the AI.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW