How do I add jars/plugins to renpy?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Michmat

How do I add jars/plugins to renpy?

#1 Post by Michmat »

Well yes I am very new (been on the forum for a whole 5 minutes xD) to both visual novels and renpy. I'm having no problem learning how to code, but I wanted some plugins. So I downloaded them, and placed in my "jars" folder in renpy, but they don't work at all. I looked in the plugins manager and they are red, so I looked in the index (where you can download them while in the program) and all the plugins I wanted are not listed. the ones I want are
Ancestor
Buffertabs
candyfolds
editor Scheme
errorlist
hex edit
jazzy
spellcheck
whitespace
if it matters. I can provide screenshots if needed, just PM me or post here, just please ask for whatever you need in order to help me, and I shall do it. I also have two other related questions, but I'll save that till this gets fixed. Thanks for reading! (also it might be nice to explain on the renpy wiki ^^ just suggesting.)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: How do I add jars/plugins to renpy?

#2 Post by PyTom »

I don't know much about that. For me, jEdit seems to automatically pick up plugins. (Are you using jEdit?)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Michmat

#3 Post by Michmat »

PyTom wrote:I don't know much about that. For me, jEdit seems to automatically pick up plugins. (Are you using jEdit?)
yes I am using jedit, I am sorry for not being more clear. I feel so stupid now. Renpy works fine, it's jedit these plugins are for. Is this the wrong place to ask?
EDIT: I think it auto detects mine too, but if I go to edit the script.rpy, it gives a bunch of errors, I think listing how it can't find the jars. (once jedit starts up that is)

Michmat

#4 Post by Michmat »

Well I've figured it out. The downloads aren't probably linked, so it can't download updates, and jEdit was out of date. If someone could tell me how to delete this thread/a mod delete it, that'd be great. Thanks for trying to help though Pytom, I appreciate it.

Delta m.m
Regular

#5 Post by Delta m.m »

Michmat wrote:Well yes I am very new (been on the forum for a whole 5 minutes xD)
Michmat wrote: I feel so stupid now.
Michmat wrote: Is this the wrong place to ask?
Michmat wrote:If someone could tell me how to delete this thread/a mod delete it, that'd be great.
Have some courage my friend, we won't bite :D
Michmat wrote: I also have two other related questions, but I'll save that till this gets fixed
don't be a stranger :)