House of Hearts[Horror, Mystery, Supernatural](ON A HIATUS)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
AngelicBlood
Regular
Projects: House of Hearts

House of Hearts[Horror, Mystery, Supernatural](ON A HIATUS)

#1 Post by AngelicBlood »

how do i delete this
Last edited by AngelicBlood on Sun May 02, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

Re: House of Hearts[Horror, Mystery, Supernatural]

#2 Post by pickle131 »

This looks really nice so far! Hard to tell too much yet, but I like the concept and the art is adorable. If you need a vocalist for any of the songs in the soundtrack, I'd love to send in an audition or help out c:
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

AngelicBlood
Regular

#3 Post by AngelicBlood »

pickle131 wrote:This looks really nice so far! Hard to tell too much yet, but I like the concept and the art is adorable. If you need a vocalist for any of the songs in the soundtrack, I'd love to send in an audition or help out c:
Oh, thank you!And yeah, since I've got enough art and such, I finally started it & decided to post it.
And a vocalist?Hmm...I might aswell write a song for the credits, but I'm not quite sure how to work with vocalists :I
-is a noob-

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#4 Post by pickle131 »

AngelicBlood wrote:
pickle131 wrote:This looks really nice so far! Hard to tell too much yet, but I like the concept and the art is adorable. If you need a vocalist for any of the songs in the soundtrack, I'd love to send in an audition or help out c:
Oh, thank you!And yeah, since I've got enough art and such, I finally started it & decided to post it.
And a vocalist?Hmm...I might aswell write a song for the credits, but I'm not quite sure how to work with vocalists :I
-is a noob-
What I've done in the past that seems to work well is either have the composer write the background music, lyrics & vocal melody, then send those to the vocalist and they can record it. Another option is to have the composer write a background track either based on lyrics that the you write or send it to the vocalist an they can make lyrics & a melody to go along with the feel of the background track. You could also have the vocalist write lyrics & a melody, but this can make things more constricting and take away some of the artistic liberty of the composer. There's also always the option of not using a vocalist at all XD I just brought it up in case you were looking c:
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

AngelicBlood
Regular

#5 Post by AngelicBlood »

pickle131 wrote:
AngelicBlood wrote:
-is a noob-
What I've done in the past that seems to work well is either have the composer write the background music, lyrics & vocal melody, then send those to the vocalist and they can record it. Another option is to have the composer write a background track either based on lyrics that the you write or send it to the vocalist an they can make lyrics & a melody to go along with the feel of the background track. You could also have the vocalist write lyrics & a melody, but this can make things more constricting and take away some of the artistic liberty of the composer. There's also always the option of not using a vocalist at all XD I just brought it up in case you were looking c:
Thank you, I'll think about that [:

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#6 Post by Kokoro Hane »

This game looks amazing and very interesting! I shall keep my eyes on this~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

AngelicBlood
Regular

#7 Post by AngelicBlood »

Another screenshot from the game! :)

AngelicBlood
Regular

#8 Post by AngelicBlood »

A little update~Changed the textbox and soon will begin working on the script again. c:

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#9 Post by Nuxill »

The name is a little hard to read on the background imo. It might be good to put a small drop shadow or outline around it.