Culina: Hands in the Kitchen [BxG/BxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

Re: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen [BxG/BxB][Modern Sim/Strate

#16 Post by netravelr »

Ideduce wrote:I really can't wait for this game!
I noticed that Lisa and Katie's faces look almost too much alike. At least for me. I was thinking maybe adding a beuty mark on one of them to distinguish them a little more. It's completely up to you though.
Thanks so much for the comment! That could be a possibility. I never really thought Lisa and Katie looked too similar, but that is something to think about. Progress on the game is continuing to happen, I'm still waiting on getting artwork and writing in however. I can't wait to show you all the game though!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#17 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Writing slowed down a little this month, I'd expected to have Claire done by now but I ended up breaking my hand instead. I'm glad I'm not an artist, I'd have been boned.

As for Lisa and Katie looking alike. I guess I kind of see it, but I think that might just be the artist's style making them seem similar. Though, Katie with a beauty mark would be really cute. Maybe I'll give her one in a secret place if you're good. ;p

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey

#18 Post by netravelr »

Just to keep everyone up with the progress, right now all of the writing is done (aside from New Game+ content that may or may not make it in), so we're just waiting on CGs and gameplay balancing to release the final product! As we get closer to release I will be including additional content and videos to inform how progress is coming. After working on it for so long, I'm very excited to share the game with you!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#19 Post by Googaboga »

Wow that's very excited news. I'm looking forward to the release :D.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by netravelr »

Just wanted to post a few pictures of how the game currently looks now, note that not all of the UI is final, but the general gameplay is already up and working.
Attachments
Culina03.png
Culina02.png
Culina01.png

Rosstin
Veteran
Completed: Rex Rocket, Kitty Love, King's Ascent
Projects: Road Redemption, Queen At Arms
Organization: Aqualuft Games

#21 Post by Rosstin »

Gratz! It looks wonderful!

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by netravelr »

Some exciting Culina news coming in the next few days... we're in the process of filming a video right now; and happened to get an apron for the occasion.
Attachments
Apron with logo on it
Apron with logo on it

PurpleMind
Regular
Completed: I contributed to 22 visual novels so far!
Projects: Kosmos Connections, Black Heaven, The Inn Between, Sugar Service, Driftwood, The Glass Coffin, Heart Agency
Discord: Marek Domagała#1778

#23 Post by PurpleMind »

Running my own restaurant? Awesome, might be a good field for unleashing my business tendencies. :D I'll definitely check out The Spirit of Cooking.

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by netravelr »

I've updated and released a new Culina website at http://culinagame.com

We're up on Steam Greenlight and we have now launched a Kickstarter for additional funding to make Hands in the Kitchen the best it can possibly be!

Going to the Kickstarter page will allow you to download our demo (The Spirit of Cooking, which many of you've already played) and see all of the options that we have for pledging. This is a great time because we're also part of the Ouya's Free the Games Fund which means pledging $5 actually gets us $10. Even if you don't have money, saying yes on Greenlight would be extremely helpful as getting onto Steam would be like a dream come true for me.

Thanks!!!

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by netravelr »

A lot of progress have been made in the past few days in a lot of departments. We've been made a Staff Pick on Kickstarter, got a number of news outlets to write about us and have two new Let's Plays going on for the game and we're just about to reach 100 backers! We're still a ways from our goal, but progress is going well.

Most of the updates recently we've been doing on the Kickstarter side of things, but I thought I would ask for your opinions as well.

I currently have these two sketches for a CG in the game for Claire's route done by the lovely Ezri, but I'm not sure which would be the best to use.

Which of the two do you like more? Cheers!
Attachments
A
A
B
B

Daarkess
Regular
Completed: University Projects (Political Vikings; Hexa Wars; ImaginAlien; Cubo)
Projects: Stained with Magic; Magnicity
Organization: Hikage Studios

#27 Post by Daarkess »

Wanted to say this game is looking better each week. I am very interested in playing a cooking themed game. Keep up the good work.
Stained with Magic - Chasing Shadows - - A magic/sci-fi fusion epic split across multiple chapters.

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen [BxG/BxB][Kickstarting Now]

#28 Post by netravelr »

Daarkess wrote:Wanted to say this game is looking better each week. I am very interested in playing a cooking themed game. Keep up the good work.
Thanks so much for saying that. We're really hoping we can achieve our goal!

We've had some fantastic voice actors contact us and we have been exploring the idea of integrating voice acting, as well as animations, into the game. A rough example we have set up with Katie is below, featuring the voice talents of Sydsnap:

We've gone a long way, but we're still aways from reaching our funding goal. If you haven't yet, please take a look at our Kickstarter page and see if this project is something you'd like. Alternatively, if you have any ideas on avenues we can explore to gain additional exposure or funding I'm all ears.

Thanks!

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen [BxG/BxB][Kickstarting Now!

#29 Post by netravelr »

It's been a nice run, but now we're on our last week with only 5 days left in the campaign! We've been working on the animations in the game to really give the world a sense of place:
We already have the talent lined up to implement this for all of the other characters with additional animations as well.

I also took some gifs of actual gameplay stuff you've seen in pictures, like here is creating a recipe:

We have more details on our Kickstarter page.

Our goal is pretty small, but getting as many eyes on the project would help push us towards it. If you could share the project on your social media network of choice or, if you are feeling generous, pledge to become a backer, we would really appreciate it!

melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

Re: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen [BxG/BxB][Kickstarting Now!

#30 Post by melelisun »

Whoa! This is so creative! Not to mention everything about the game is completely gorgeous *^*
Image Image