Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Sailor Kitty
Veteran

Re: Ideas Dump

#16 Post by Sailor Kitty »

I may make this idea and I may not. Feel free to use, but if I make it, don't go saying I stole your ideas!

Endless blue

A lonely and ostracized boy meets a young girl by the ocean. They talk and find they have much in common. The game goes on, over the course of summer. The choices you make affects you and the girls destiny/way of life. For example, her parents may be those rich millionares, or the poor couple that gets hounded about by them. The girl may marry the millionares/poor peoples boy, he may be a complete jerk, he may be an angel. Where you choose to go and what you choose to say affects her life. You might find out a deep, dark secret, you may find a happy ending. If you want, the game can be hilarious, it can be dark, but it will always be dreamy. But the "true" path has you switch to the girls point of view. (you have to unlock all the other endings to play it.) There, she is a rich girl, very strong and straight-forward. She lives in a rich foster family because her real parents are dead. However, the fostermother yells at her and makes her cry when she gets angry. She makes the girl feel empty and worthless. Sheis also intolerant of the fact that the girl wears mensclothing. One day, boy decides to help her find a relative to live at. They finally find her long lost uncle. However, the foster parents do not want girl to leave. The girl develops a romance with the boy. In the end, she is finally free, but at the cost of her lovers life. Girl vows never to forget him. Other endings are about the freindship between boy and girl, the girl falling in love with the other boy, 'n so on.

One of the best endings are "Girl finds out the guy she likes is a complete jerk and decides to stick to small, cuter guys. They stay best freinds forever and find out that boys dads new boss is girls dad." They can also end up hating each other but goes on a marvolous adventure. The they find out that boys single mom having an affair with girls single dad. They can either try and break 'em up, or make sure their parents marry as soon as possible.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

n9261andvari
Regular
Location: Otherside of the world, when you sleep I'm awake...

#17 Post by n9261andvari »

I shall dump a random idea of mine here. :3

Name of Story: Love letter

Genre: Suspense/Thriller/Modern/Romance

Original Story: Jason is your typical 19 year old college student who has good grades and is decent in sports. But what everyone else doesn't know is that he leads a double life; a normal student during the day and a murdering psychopathic serial killer named 'Vice' during the night. He's smart and witty enough to escape capture from the law and lately he's killed about 20 people, most of them women while a minority are men who tend to bully him up to a point, in college. After committing murders for about a year, he decides that he should stop and try to lead a much more 'normal' night life. Although that changed when he meets up with the newly transferred Lilith in college. He seems to have a crush on her but Jason knows that Lilith is the type of girl that is far from his reach. To vent out his frustration he continues on his killing spree, this time leaving love letters in the scene of the crime. The love letters do not contain Lilith's name but it does contain his vivid feelings for her and whatever it is that he wishes to do to her. Day by day he grows more engrossed with Lilith and eventually sends some of the love letters her way, freaking out the poor girl. He even dared to visit her as Vice and after numerous visits he came to a point where he wished to reveal his true identity to Lilith. Will Lilith accept Jason as he is or will she fall for the dangerous and unpredictable Vice instead? Also will Jason decide to keep her while she still breathes or keep her as a dead body?

Visual Novel Version: You'll get to play as either Jason or Lilith. When playing as Jason, you'll be struggling to redeem yourself and get the girl at the same time. When playing as Lilith, you'll either have a choice to stay calm when all the letters come or freak out in a hysterical fashion. Lol, Lilith also has 3 guys to choose from while Jason has only one girl to choose from but he can choose to keep her well...alive or dead and 2 other redemption choices.

Definitely one of my most disturbing stories.Gawd...this sounds impossible for me to create in my current level of RenPy...lol.

By the way Sailor Kitty, I love your ideas! And qq, the idea about the Bishounen Orchard should be worked on! Lol...mmmm...bishies...

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#18 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Hey, I liked the "love letter" idea!
I can only hope that someone, someday, will make it.

Tan-Town!

The thing about this series is that all gaming consoles are anthromorphized (So called ___-Tans). The thing is, the protagonists uncle was a scientist. He was also obcessed with Chobits. So he anthromorphizes all Game Consoles in the house, even the broken ones and the one that is to be given to the protagonist on his birthday. The protagonist starts his summer vacation on his 12th birthday, and comes home from boarding school, eager to see his precious GBC once again. Imagine his suprise when he comes home to find that his uncle has left the house in his care, and that several cute girls and a boy(Ps2) are going to take care of him. As to not confuse I'll add a character list:

SNES-tan
Was the protagonists birthday present. Her former master tired of her, so she does her very best all the time, sometimes collapsing and whatnot. She is the protagonists fav. Gaming console, since there are pixels. She has long, pink, hair. She is the protagonists size/age.
"Do you promise never to leave me, Master?"

NES-tan
She was made older, so she'd be able to act as a legal gaurdien. She has wavy blond hair and wears a blue dress and crystal earrings. Size/Age: About 25. Often talks about the "golden days" when NES was very popular.
"I was so happy when you brought that new game... It made me feel young again."

GBC-tan
Was the protagonists first console. Also talks about "golden days" but referrs to when pokemon was king. Is as high as a GBC. looks 10 years old. Has long hotpink hair tied into a ponytail. Gets dragged along everywhere. Refers to the protagonist as "Onii-Chan".
"Onii-chan, uncle fixed my voice! Now you don't need any earphones!"
(Was damaged. You could almost not hear the music.)

PS2-tan
A cute boy who likes extreme sports. Is a freind for The Protagonist. In love with NES-tan. Looks the protagonists age.

Visual Boy-tan
Is shy. Wears a kimono and likes traditional japanese stuff. She scares very easily, since not many people like Visual Boy.
"Gosujin-sama, I do not understand. You cannot play me since you get headaches, yet you buy me games?"

GameCube-tan
Is currently recovering from surgery. Wants to see the world. Likes exploring, but cannot do that for many hours since she collapses easily, but is slowly getting better. Dreams of recovering.
"Master, I am sorry for collapsing like that. I just wanted to play volleyball like the others."

There are more, like N64-tan and Saturn-tan. The protagonist buys his consoles games and accesories when he can, even if he does not play them. Because of his kindness, SNES-tan, Saturn-tan, N64-tan, VBA-tan, and GameCube-tan have fallen in love with him. And the plot thickens when they find out that one of them can be a real little girl.
script is 85% done.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#19 Post by monele »

I like this last one, if only for the cuteness potential :)

n9261andvari
Regular

#20 Post by n9261andvari »

Sailor Kitty wrote:Hey, I liked the "love letter" idea!
I can only hope that someone, someday, will make it.
Thanks. Give me a year and I'll probably make it into a game. Need to understand RenPy's mechanics first.

Your Tan-Town idea sound pretty cute and fun. But you forgot a very important ___-Tan...
The Wii-Tan! XD
God I don't think I'll be able to choose only one "-Tan"...maybe you could make a female version of Tan-Town as well? :mrgreen:

Ren

#21 Post by Ren »

Is there a Dreamcast Tan?I loved that console, i also owned a Mega Drive, a Mega Cd and a Master System ;_;

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#22 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Your wish is my command!

Tan-Town 2: Moe Moe Panic!

The story goes like this: The former protagonist is now 13 and has SNES-tan as his girlfreind. Then he finds out that his best freind, A 14-year-old girl who also loves playing SNES, was taken away by the social workers for no apparant reason.

The new protagonist loves her game-consoles very much, and buys games for them all the time. She yelled like N64 kid when she was given a NES.
"I love all consoles in diffrent ways and would never sacrifice one for the other."

He has now learnt how to make __-tans, and upon hearing that she is not allowed to have videogaming consoles, pays a visit to her house and transforms her Gaming consoles into ___-tans. Their mission is to infiltrate the inhumane orphanege and help the new protagonist flee.

But in order too flee, they must cross the ocean, sabotage a movie premier, and meet Shigieru Miyamoto himself.

Charas:
(They are all Bishounen)
Ps1-tan
Is a small and shy bishounen, but will do anything to protect His master. Ironically, he is often the one being saved by her. Likes dancing and swimming. Is extremly loyal to his master, since she wanted him instead of a Ps2.
"I-I'll be the decoy... I don't want Master, or anybody else to get hurt."

Sega Saturn-tan
Was found out in a puddle in the rain. Bishounen. (Yes, I read about a case where this happened.) Is very tough but keeps mostly to himself. Does not like gossip or hurtfull rumors. Angers very easily. Likes helping others.
"Dude, don't say so. Next time, it could be you."

GameBoyCoulor-tama
Has an injury. He is slowly going blind, but that can be helped, he just needs a spare part. Is more familiar with his Master. The size of a 14-year-old. Has black, semi-long hair. Cares very deeply for his master.
"I just hope that the last thing I see before the world goes out... Is Masters smiling face."

N64-tan
Very hyper. Likes art'n crafts. Also into making jewlery. Has purple hair and is always quick with his tounge. Likes Anime and Manga as much as his master.
"Jeez, this place is boring. Something needs to be blown up."

NDS-tan
A pair of twins. They are not dateable, instead, they are dateable charas in a mini-game. There is a boy and a girl, you date them on a two-screen interface.

Add-on charas
If found, a code will apear. you put that code into Tan-town 1, and these girls are avadible.

Wii-tan
After a MOD-chip gone wrong, Wii-tan was thrown away. The protagonist found her and mended her, but her virtual console does not function, so he kept her. Loves classical music and modern . art. She is an albino and has long hair. She only wants her master to be happy.
"Master, I am so happy for you. I only wish you joy."

Dreamcast-tan
Has long, wavy, dark-blue hair. Is strong and likes judo. Also likes Goth-loli fashion. She dreams of one day being a movie star. Likes singing and loves the stars. Likes helping her master with whatever he has to do. Also likes fixing the car.
"Master, I have done the laundry and I also made lunch. What more needs to be done?"
script is 85% done.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!

Ren

#23 Post by Ren »

*happy*
I like the idea of twin Tans for the DS, I can almost picture them all!Haha, playing something like this would be a dream, and bishounens!Not many people remember to feed us with bishies ;3

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#24 Post by DrakeNavarone »

I don't know where to start or what to do with this one, and I'd probably never get to it, but I really liked it so I thought I'd share...

MAB Dream Manufacturers:

The game would open with our protagonist, Nate, trying to fall asleep but cannot, too nervous about his first day of high school (the following morning). The incessant tossing and turning would eventually wear him out, though, and does fall asleep eventually, but the dream he has isn't like the ones he's had before. Somehow, he stumbles upon a warehouse-like building that only exists in dreams, home of MAB Dream Manufacturers. There he meets the CEO and chief Sandman, Coppelius, who is quite surprised to see a dreamer at the factory (usually it's an Avatar, a personification of a person's unconscious mind, who place the orders for dreams, not the person themselves). However, he seizes the opportunity and offers Nate a job as a dream currier (Junior Sandman), and places Nate in charge of delivering the dreams for everyone in his hometown as district supervisor.

Basically, I would aim for a very Magbou-esque feel and gameplay, except instead of dealing potions, you deliver dreams. The game would take place entirely at night (no daytime sequences). Nate would have so many "hours" to deliver as many dreams as possible, and would earn wages (I was arguing about the currency... it'd either be "ZZZs" or "Winks", whichever one I ended up liking more...) based on how well he did and how many he delivered. But, being human and naturally curious, he'd be able to peek into the dreams of his customers. So while this forwards the plot, and Nate's relationship with the heroines, it eats up time so you can't make as many deliveries (some means of keeping game balance). On weekend nights when he's off however, he'd be allowed to spend his wages purchasing whatever dreams he wishes to view. There'd be a number of little scenes for each dream type, and depending on the category selected, certain stats would go up that affected the game in some way (like watching a funny dream would improve Nate's sense of humor, or something... I didn't really think the whole thing all the way through...). There could also possibly be other jobs you get promoted to, like a dream scenario writer (who uses only the best software to get the job done, Idobe/Sackromedia's Dreamweavr CS3).

Of course, the most important aspect are the sidekicks, the cute little animal mascots! And of course, what would a game about sleep and dreams be without a sheep or two. I was thinking everyone would have a small small floating sheep as a sort of personal assistant, and they'd all have numbers printed on their sides, like in those Sealy commercials... but since a lot of sheep are out getting counted, the really weird ones would have to stay in the factory. The ones with numbers you wouldn't normally count. Coppelius' sheep would be Olympia, who would be the number Pi. And Nate would get Mortimer (a nod to the sadly unfinished Final Station for Dying Dreams...) who bears 2/6. Yes, two-sixths.
Nate: Two-sixths? Isn't that just one-third?
Coppelius: Of course it is, my boy.
Nate: Then why would you count two-sixths instead of one-third?
Coppelius: You wouldn't. And that's why he's here.
Nate: Right...
(Those familiar with E.T.A. Hoffmann's Der Sandmann will know that's where I pulled the names from, but that's about it. This story surely shouldn't share the dark feel or themes, I was thinking more lighthearted, simple, innocent, and charming kind of a story. Well, I guess you could take the darker approach if you really wanted to...)
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

n9261andvari
Regular

#25 Post by n9261andvari »

The Saturn-Tan sounds like my kind of guy! Uh...console...wait...guy...Lol XD
Somehow I imagine the PS3-Tan to be a drop dead gorgeous biker dude in black leather with silver semi long hair and black shades...wait...now the PS3-Tan kinda reminds me of Max from Pangya. Lol. XD
Bishies! Feed me bishies!!! XD

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#26 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Perhaps the sandman idea could be built on magical botuique's engine. Just a thought.

I based all the nintendo consoles on those I had. Like, My gameboycolour has lead me to hate GBA. It is hot pink. It once had a bad case of broken screen, the screen was slowly going black all over. And my gamecube needs to be heated every time you put it on. I am also never getting a Wii because it has virtual console, and I want the real thing.

Anyways, here is the story.

13-year-old Kyouya-kun has always been shy, going with the flow, and is intolerent.
But one day, life changes a whole lot for him. He is enrolling to a boys boarding school. However, there was a mistake, and he is sent to the girls academy next door. There was no place left in the regular dorms, so, he ends up living in the A-class dorms. A-class dorms are where the rich kids live. Complete with Jacuzzi and single-living. However, in the A-class dorms there also lives:

Neko-chan,
A VERY hyper girl who does what she likes. Ownes a small pedal Buic Wildcat from the 50's and a small replica 40-20's car. And they work, too. Lives in a room designed to look like the level "Daisy Cruiser". Collects tamagotchis and keychains. Hangs with the boys after school.
Later on, she reveals that she does not want to grow up. "Look at me now. I'm ugly, ain't I!? I'm turning more revolting by the minute!"
Kitsune-san,
A very fun-loving girl who collects Lingerié. Often walks around with Lingerié in her room, just putting on a coat when she goes out. Likes partying and playing "spin the bottle" and "russian post office*".
She is actually a very lonely girl, who just wants "some love from the world, thats all."
Usagi-san,
A quiet, delinqeunt girl. Is often called Emily,though she hates it. Has a room designed to look like a cyber room, with lots of squares.
Matter of fact is, she is slowly going blind. She has lost her will to live and thought she had lost the ability to have fun, until she goes on a roller coaster. "Even ifI can't see it, I can still feel the rush of adrenaline."

They soon find out that he is a boy and lets him cross-dress, and so on.
script is 85% done.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#27 Post by monele »

Drake : I love your idea ^__^ (always had a thing for dreams I guess ^^;...). And the sheep idea is so cute X3. If you think the MagBou engine would help with this (or anyone who plans to turn this idea into a game), feel free, by all means ^^

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#28 Post by PyTom »

Sailor Kitty wrote: playing "spin the bottle" and "russian post office*"
Okay, I give. What is a "russian post office"? I'm assuming that in this case it has nothing to do with moscow mail delivery.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#29 Post by chronoluminaire »

PyTom wrote:
Sailor Kitty wrote: playing "spin the bottle" and "russian post office*"
Okay, I give. What is a "russian post office"? I'm assuming that in this case it has nothing to do with moscow mail delivery.
Indeed, I'd also like to know this. Google doesn't recognise it, even with adding "play" or "game"... o.O
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#30 Post by papillon »

To search, add teenagers, remove Russian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_Office_(game)